Game of Thrones: Season 7

flynnibus

Premium Member
Time warp engaged again... this time for Jorah...

While this was a good episode, I felt more thrilled for the trailer for next episode than this one.

Bron pulling Jamie out? What a cheap conclusion to the closing sequence of the last show. Anyone try swimming in ARMOR?? And TWO people in ARMOR?? Didn't like...

Cersi's insight into the meeting... again, all too contrived and easy. Didn't like...

Sam's sequences.. liked.. leaving.. didn't like.

Sansa and Arya.. liked the first half of the conversation.. not the way it ended (why be a little b#$%??). Littlefinger besting Arya?? Didn't like.

Retrieve a white walker??? This isn't GI Joe the cartoon... this is almost on the level of uncredible at all. Don't like.
Actually found this article... which the author must have been reading my mind!
http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/tv-/bs-fe-game-of-thrones-episode-5-season-7-story.html

For all we know, Arya just knows that Sansa was briefly married to Tyrion, and she didn't kill Joffrey. In terms of context clues and the conversations we've seen, Arya doesn't know about the Battle of the B______s. Or the torture that Sansa went through (Joffrey, Lysa, Littlefinger, Ramsay). Or even about anything that happened with Theon (and therefore, Bran and Rickon).

I know.. it's getting a bit absurd. "hey arya, I know you've been gone, what... 5-6 years now.. and said nothing about where you went, how you got away, w t h has even been going on.."

I mean, these are children who ran for their lives and their parents were killed... and now they act... well, people at 20yr high school reunions have more intensity and interest than these characters..

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Time warp engaged again... this time for Jorah...

While this was a good episode, I felt more thrilled for the trailer for next episode than this one.

Bron pulling Jamie out? What a cheap conclusion to the closing sequence of the last show. Anyone try swimming in ARMOR?? And TWO people in ARMOR?? Didn't like...

Cersi's insight into the meeting... again, all too contrived and easy. Didn't like...

Sam's sequences.. liked.. leaving.. didn't like.

Sansa and Arya.. liked the first half of the conversation.. not the way it ended (why be a little b#$%??). Littlefinger besting Arya?? Didn't like.

Retrieve a white walker??? This isn't GI Joe the cartoon... this is almost on the level of uncredible at all. Don't like.
Actually found this article... which the author must have been reading my mind!
http://www.baltimoresun.com/enterta...game-of-thrones-episode-5-season-7-story.html

I know.. it's getting a bit absurd. "hey arya, I know you've been gone, what... 5-6 years now.. and said nothing about where you went, how you got away, w t h has even been going on.."

I mean, these are children who ran for their lives and their parents were killed... and now they act... well, people at 20yr high school reunions have more intensity and interest than these characters..
I don't see Arya surviving the show. Idk what will go down with Littlefinger (one of the Stark girls or Brienne- an honorary Stark woman- has got to kill him though), but Arya's bullheadedness does not bode well for her survival. Sansa is just trying to keep the various Lords of the North happy. I'm sure Arya doesn't know anything about what happened with the Karstarks (will someone- ahem, Bran- please just inform this child about what happened over the past 4 years), but I'm sure Jon would be pretty pleased with the answer Sansa gave.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't see Arya surviving the show. Idk what will go down with Littlefinger (one of the Stark girls or Brienne- an honorary Stark woman- has go to kill him though), but Arya's bullheadedness does not bode well for her survival. Sansa is just trying to keep the various Lords of the North happy. I'm sure Arya doesn't know anything about what happened with the Karstarks (will someone- ahem, Bran- please just inform this child about what happened over the past 4 years), but I'm sure Jon would be pretty pleased with the answer Sansa gave.

This 'lets just go kill 'em all' run forward blindly attitude is so out of character for her. I don't like what they are doing at all with Arya at the moment. Kill 'em... of course... but she's not stupid, yet here they play her up as if.

And how on earth is anyone supposed to know what the scroll said she found? Lame show.. lame.

21stamps

I thought people here would be talking about Rhaegar. Sam does still have that book, correct?

Imo that was one of the best parts of the episode.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
This 'lets just go kill 'em all' run forward blindly attitude is so out of character for her. I don't like what they are doing at all with Arya at the moment. Kill 'em... of course... but she's not stupid, yet here they play her up as if.

And how on earth is anyone supposed to know what the scroll said she found? Lame show.. lame.
I'm guessing that she'll just blindly confront Sansa about it, which is going to put Sansa on edge, and it'll take Bran to make everyone to quit fighting.
"By the way... I saw you... I saw what Cersei made you write... You were young and afraid, you had no choice... Littlefinger is trying to turn us against each other..." Worried glances from Arya and Sansa, then cut to Littlefinger listening at the door or something.

What would be great is if Cat's body wasn't decomposed in a river, because I would love it if Arya used Cat's face to kill Littlefinger.

Honestly though, Arya needs to shut up and listen to Sansa for a second. She's sleeping in Ned & Cat's room because she's in charge. It's literally expected for the Lord/Lady (or in this case, Princess) of the castle to be in the nicest room. I'm not sure where Jon was staying, but probably in a similar suite (Maybe a King's suite? Robert had to stay somewhere). This isn't about Sansa liking nice things, Arya, it's about tradition, and you should know better.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I thought people here would be talking about Rhaegar. Sam does still have that book, correct?

I'm ticked at Sam. Should have listened to Gilly. As for the book, who knows? He may not have deemed it useful for the journey (since a lot of it seemed to be tracking steps and windows).

However, I feel really bad for Sam, because unless his sister will be allowed to inherit the family home, his family's kind of screwed (unless he's allowed to revoke his oath).

njDizFan

He's not going to finish this story. IMO.

It's going to be a Robert Jordan situation, and it's going to fall to another writer to tie up the loose ends George will undoubtedly leave. It's a shame really, because the man is a fantastic story teller, but he has completely lost his way.

Another guy who has seemingly lost the plot is Patrick Rothfuss. He wrote two blindingly brilliant books in a supposed trilogy, and is now stuck on book three, with literally no clue when it's going to be finished. The one saving grace is, he's far younger the Martin, so there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel.

I choose to throw my money and support behind Brandon Sanderson. He's every bit the writer those two are, and actually treats his fans with respect. He signs random books in airports and at book stores. He posts constant updates on his website, letting us fans know where he is at in the writing process. He hits his deadlines. He is everything Martin, and too a lesser extent Rothfuss aren't.
I think it's the beard. Rothfuss, Jordan, Martin...

Fantasy has such a trove of talent right now with authors that are actually publishing books at a yearly clip ( the genre has a come a long way, although there are still tons of garbage). Personally I'll take Steven Erikson, his Malazan novels are so incredibly detailed, spanning 100,000s of years and 1000's of characters. They are a tough read but well worth the while. Current favorite is Mark Lawrence and R. Scott Bakker

Last edited:

njDizFan

I'll come full circle and equate this season to WDW. I find this season is rushed, we no longer have 8-9 episodes of storytelling, placemaking and exposition followed by 1 or 2 grand e-ticket moments. This season has wow moments every time we turn around. People are coming and going, wars are being fought, major characters are finally meeting/reuniting each other and lots of major character deaths. So like the current strategy for WDW, let's put a big fast thrill ride around every corner (tron, GotG SWL) and FP to the next big fast attraction. Action super ceding plot disjoints the story and leaves you flat. Sure it is well done and visually inspiring but not every episode can be "The Battle of the Bastards", the audience needs to breathe which heightens the moment.

As an aside I think I am secretly rooting for the Night King...he's awesome and I think can totally take out the dragons with his mind trick thing he did with the crows.

Last edited:

misterID

Yeah, that officially makes Jon the entitled ruler of Westeros. And the person who has that information just lost his father and brother to incineration by the Dragon Queen. That's going to be interesting.

Princess Leia

Original Poster

It's a spoof video (not really the actor who plays the Night King), but I wanted to share :) Definitely going to be thinking about this next Sunday night.

Last edited:

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Paraphrasing Melisandre here... again... "For the internet is dark and full of spoilers". The next episode was accidentally shown on HBO Spain (... like a week early, idk how that happened) and some people are posting spoilers. So be careful out there.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I'll come full circle and equate this season to WDW. I find this season is rushed, we no longer have 8-9 episodes of storytelling, placemaking and exposition followed by 1 or 2 grand e-ticket moments. This season has wow moments every time we turn around. People are coming and going, wars are being fought, major characters are finally meeting/reuniting each other and lots of major character deaths. So like the current strategy for WDW, let's put a big fast thrill ride around every corner (tron, GotG SWL) and FP to the next big fast attraction. Action super ceding plot disjoints the story and leaves you flat. Sure it is well done and visually inspiring but not every episode can be "The Battle of the Bastards", the audience needs to breathe which heightens the moment.

As an aside I think I am secretly rooting for the Night King...he's awesome and I think can totally take out the dragons with his mind trick thing he did with the crows.
What's a little sad is that Episode 5 was the breather episode. And yet we had Dany burning the Tarlys, a Jaime/Tyrion reunion, Cersei telling Jaime she's pregnant, Jorah's return, and Jon assembling a White Walker kidnap mission with 6 other characters.

What was needed was some downtime between the Starks, checking in on the Greyjoys, Dany tending to Drogon, and maybe Jon talking to Jorah & Gendry on the ship up North (like maybe turning Gendry into a proper Baratheon, or hearing about Sam from Jorah and talking about the Old Bear). If something happens to Gendry or Jorah next week (god forbid) and Jon is distraught, I'm not going to buy it.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Show of hands- who thinks that this Arya/Sansa plot is one of the worst things to come out of the season?

Arya is a fan favorite, but I think the show is trying to tear her down from that pedestal. She was awful to Sansa (though Sansa could try to make things a little better by just flat out saying what kind of torture she had to put up with from Joffrey- public beatings and threats- and Ramsay- rape and more abuse).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom