FP+ for group with different arrival days

princess_k

Original Poster
There are nine of us arriving in October. Half the group arrives one day, and the other half gets there the next morning. How should we handle booking fast passes when the 60 day window opens on two different days? Thanks!

Pascal

Hi @princess_k

Our Disney group have this same issue. The FP+ window for our first arrival group opened today and only they could select their FPs, but for the entire trip. The rest of us arrive a few days later and we could not select ours yet, so need to wait for our FP+ window to open.

Assuming yours will work the same in MDE, your first group will be able to book on their 60 day window and the second group the next day, or simply book everyone on the later day.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

MightyMouse

Meh. Too bad I didn't read this yesterday. I just had the same experience this morning. On the plus side, since this is the first thread on the discussion forums this morning, I didn't have to search very far to find this topic. :)

I just went ahead and booked the fastpasses for the entire stay, and I'm hoping I can add the others into the same timeslots when there 60 day window opens up in a few days.

disneygeek90

Meh. Too bad I didn't read this yesterday. I just had the same experience this morning. On the plus side, since this is the first thread on the discussion forums this morning, I didn't have to search very far to find this topic. :)

I just went ahead and booked the fastpasses for the entire stay, and I'm hoping I can add the others into the same timeslots when there 60 day window opens up in a few days.
If there looks to be a decent amount of availability from what you're looking for (which there should be for most rides), you could always cancel your FP's you made today and sign everyone back up together tomorrow.

Last edited:

Simba's Mom

Hi @princess_k

Our Disney group have this same issue. The FP+ window for our first arrival group opened today and only they could select their FPs, but for the entire trip. The rest of us arrive a few days later and we could not select ours yet, so need to wait for our FP+ window to open.

Assuming yours will work the same in MM+, your first group will be able to book on their 60 day window and the second group the next day, or simply book everyone on the later day.

Hope that helps!

Rats! I read that as long as you're all "linked" in your MDE account (if I knew how to do that) you could. I was hoping so because DH and I arrive a few days before the rest of the family, and then we were all going on 7 DMT the first full day everyone's there.

Pascal

I was hoping so, too @Simba's Mom, as we are all linked on friends and family. Alas, no. I would recommend getting all of your party members linked on one MDE account to make selecting FPs easier, though. You do this by adding your members through the Family and Friends List on the My Account section. Then you can select FPs for everyone at once, or individuals if you'd rather!

nickys

Premium Member
Rats! I read that as long as you're all "linked" in your MDE account (if I knew how to do that) you could. I was hoping so because DH and I arrive a few days before the rest of the family, and then we were all going on 7 DMT the first full day everyone's there.

Yes, me too. Not that I've done it but there seems to.be a LOT of info on a certain other board that says you can. VERY interesting, and odd! Don't know what to think now, other than they were wrong. Yet more mis-information flying around :(.

MightyMouse

Thx Pascal. I added the rest of my group this morning and for the most part I was successful. A few minor adjustments had to be made to my schedule, but some even worked in my favour.

For others that may be looking to do this in the future, here was my experience:

- When trying to add party members that were not within 60 days the system would give an error message saying to come back within there 60 day window (in my case my 2nd party was arriving 4 days after us)
- Initially I secured fastpasses for our first party. This morning I was then trying to click, "Add FastPass" to try to get the same time slot or close to it for my 2nd party. I was not having as much success, however here is my advice:
Instead of going to "Add FastPass", instead go to your initial selection and select "View Details". Another screen will open with options to "Modify, Change Party, or Cancel". Click on, "Change Party". Select the remainder of your 2nd party and the system will then attempt to add them to your existing party selections. If there are no selections available the system will provide optional times for your entire party.
I found this method to work better than modifying selections or attempting to cancel/add. Ie. I have a Fastpass for M&G with Tinkerbell from 6:50-7:50. I tried to Add FastPass for the 2nd group and the closest available time was 4:30. I then attempted the above method and the system allowed the 2nd party to be added to my first all for my preferred 6:50-7:50 timeslot.

So that is a little bit of info from my 1st time experience that can hopefully help one of you out there. :D

- Cheers.

Pascal

Thx Pascal. I added the rest of my group this morning and for the most part I was successful. A few minor adjustments had to be made to my schedule, but some even worked in my favour.

For others that may be looking to do this in the future, here was my experience:

- When trying to add party members that were not within 60 days the system would give an error message saying to come back within there 60 day window (in my case my 2nd party was arriving 4 days after us)
- Initially I secured fastpasses for our first party. This morning I was then trying to click, "Add FastPass" to try to get the same time slot or close to it for my 2nd party. I was not having as much success, however here is my advice:
Instead of going to "Add FastPass", instead go to your initial selection and select "View Details". Another screen will open with options to "Modify, Change Party, or Cancel". Click on, "Change Party". Select the remainder of your 2nd party and the system will then attempt to add them to your existing party selections. If there are no selections available the system will provide optional times for your entire party.
I found this method to work better than modifying selections or attempting to cancel/add. Ie. I have a Fastpass for M&G with Tinkerbell from 6:50-7:50. I tried to Add FastPass for the 2nd group and the closest available time was 4:30. I then attempted the above method and the system allowed the 2nd party to be added to my first all for my preferred 6:50-7:50 timeslot.

So that is a little bit of info from my 1st time experience that can hopefully help one of you out there. :D

- Cheers.

Our next window opens tomorrow, so thank you for the advice re: 'Change Party' - much appreciated and will hopefully run smoothly!

pvtim

Yes, me too. Not that I've done it but there seems to.be a LOT of info on a certain other board that says you can. VERY interesting, and odd! Don't know what to think now, other than they were wrong. Yet more mis-information flying around :(.

It can be done, I just did it this summer.

We went down with two other families- we got there first and the next day the other two families were arriving. Not sure if these will help:
- They created an MDE account (we already had one)
- We added guests to our MDE friends and Family list sharing all plans and I managed their plans when they were linked to our MDE account because they were coming for their first visit.
- I was shocked when I could make plans for all 11 of us the day before their window opened on my MDE account. I created the FP+ for the full trip and there were no issues...so either a glitch or you can do it?

nickys

Premium Member
It can be done, I just did it this summer.

We went down with two other families- we got there first and the next day the other two families were arriving. Not sure if these will help:
- They created an MDE account (we already had one)
- We added guests to our MDE friends and Family list sharing all plans and I managed their plans when they were linked to our MDE account because they were coming for their first visit.
- I was shocked when I could make plans for all 11 of us the day before their window opened on my MDE account. I created the FP+ for the full trip and there were no issues...so either a glitch or you can do it?

I wonder then if it's a case of package versus non-package. Maybe those who can't do it where the second group have a package with tickets, so that the tickets cannot be activated until 60 days before the package starts. That would make sense.

Very glad it worked for you. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom