Bye bye Mickey soaps?

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
DB253BCF-C2BA-4FB6-8A28-51CB8CBC1CD0_zpsgpmizs1m.png

My friend is staying st Coronado and saw this posted! Not sure if this will be resort wide.

I need my Mickey head soaps!!!

Sorry if this has been addressed already :(

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
More "cost containment" in action... :arghh:

Bean counter - "We can save $4.72 per room per year if we stop using individual bottles of soaps and shampoos in resort rooms and instead install big bottles that can be refilled instead. However, it will cost us $9.38 per room for the hardware and instal..."
TDO Exec - "We'd save money??? ***Salivating*** DO IT!!!"

Kamikaze

More "cost containment" in action... :arghh:

Bean counter - "We can save $4.72 per room per year if we stop using individual bottles of soaps and shampoos in resort rooms and instead install big bottles that can be refilled instead. However, it will cost us $9.38 per room for the hardware and instal..."
TDO Exec - "We'd save money??? ***Salivating*** DO IT!!!"

Meh. They are all about short term. The 2 years to recoup would be a no-go. It has to be cheaper *now*.

(I know you're being factitious)

allgiggles

DB253BCF-C2BA-4FB6-8A28-51CB8CBC1CD0_zpsgpmizs1m.png

My friend is staying st Coronado and saw this posted! Not sure if this will be resort wide.

I need my Mickey head soaps!!!

Sorry if this has been addressed already :(

I'm actually kind of happy to see this. My husband is one of "those" people who on a daily basis empties the bathrooms of unopened soaps and shampoos and throws them in our suitcase to take home. The first time he did this I wasn't too concerned because I didn't think we'd be making more than 1 more trip to Disney in the next 10-15 years, so I kind of liked the thought of having a few reminders of our trip. I actually made up little Disney gift bags for our nieces and nephews that Christmas and included a Mickey head soap in each of their bags. Fast forward 16 years and 7 trips later (all of those trips included 2 rooms or a suite with 2 bathrooms) and we have a small Rubbermaid bin full of Disney soap, shampoo, conditioner, combination shampoo & conditioner, and lotion. Why????? We never use them at home. I think we're saving them for the zombie apocalypse or something. I've donated a bunch to a local women's shelter and I put a set or two in our guest bathroom whenever we have overnight guests and I tell them to take the bottles with them when they leave, but most people don't. I will be very happy if we don't bring anymore of those bottles/soaps home with us. But I'm not going to tell my husband if they do actually switch all the rooms to the full bottles (remember when they had the dispensers in the showers at Pop Century????) because he'd probably go to the dollar store and buy a bunch of small bottles to fill up every day. :rolleyes::D

radiohost

It was always the small "little" things that made disney world unique. I can recall conversations coming up on how "we get to use the disney soap" or "play with the penny arcade machines at the mk train station" on our upcoming trips. Idk, just my thoughts. I bet if you requested your own soap or shampoo from the front desk they would provide. No way in heck I'm pumping shampoo from a bottle that people used before I got there.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I just loved saving the Mickey head bottle. Sometimes when I'm feeling Disney depressed, I'd whip out one of those little babies and smother my head with shampoo. The scent would be reminscient of the last Disney resort I'd visited, and I'd be transported to a happier time and place. It's the little things I miss the most :(

peter11435

. I agree 100% . I stayed in Wisconsin Dells and someone put nair into the shampoo my girlfriend lost chunks of hair they ended up testing the bottle. They said a guest must have done it. Hell no
I don't like this change either and much prefer individuap bottles. But I find it hard to believe that you can avoid shared toiletries if you ever go out in public.

BrentSienna

I'm actually kind of happy to see this. My husband is one of "those" people who on a daily basis empties the bathrooms of unopened soaps and shampoos and throws them in our suitcase to take home. The first time he did this I wasn't too concerned because I didn't think we'd be making more than 1 more trip to Disney in the next 10-15 years, so I kind of liked the thought of having a few reminders of our trip. I actually made up little Disney gift bags for our nieces and nephews that Christmas and included a Mickey head soap in each of their bags. Fast forward 16 years and 7 trips later (all of those trips included 2 rooms or a suite with 2 bathrooms) and we have a small Rubbermaid bin full of Disney soap, shampoo, conditioner, combination shampoo & conditioner, and lotion. Why????? We never use them at home. I think we're saving them for the zombie apocalypse or something. I've donated a bunch to a local women's shelter and I put a set or two in our guest bathroom whenever we have overnight guests and I tell them to take the bottles with them when they leave, but most people don't. I will be very happy if we don't bring anymore of those bottles/soaps home with us. But I'm not going to tell my husband if they do actually switch all the rooms to the full bottles (remember when they had the dispensers in the showers at Pop Century????) because he'd probably go to the dollar store and buy a bunch of small bottles to fill up every day. :rolleyes::D

Either this is my wife posting the above or I must meet her husband as he and I will get along fabulously.

peter11435

Most restroom soap dispensers aren't as easily opened as these seem to be. I agree shared shower toiletries are much nastier. I'll bring my own, thanks.
Is it though? I only looked quickly but I thought that was a key hole on the top bar requiring a key to remove or open the bottles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom