Pre-Trip Who's the most excited?

Let me begin by saying Mom and I were supposed to go to Europe this year. However, with DH's and my honeymoon at the beginning of June and our first anniversary on June 30, Mom and I had three glorious weeks in July planned.......until her older cousins (all 78+) planned a family reunion for the middle of when she and I are to be in Europe. She didn't feel obligated to go since she sees them frequently. Then mom remembered they all flew to Seattle for our wedding last year and mom realized she needed to go to the reunion.....meaning we'd have only 6 days in Europe which isn't worth it.

So I was really sad when mom said this this past Sunday (Feb 12, 2017}) but she A) promised me we'd go next year and B) said "DisneyWorld's been on my bucket list for some time so let's go this year. Think about it." She said this Sunday at 4 pm.

DH grew up going with his family and we got engaged there. We didn't go last year because of wedding expenses and weren't going this year because we're going to Aulani on the honeymoon in June.

DH and I planned to exchange valentine's on sunday night because we work late on Tuesdays. On his card, I wrote "I put down the deposit!"

When he opened it, he was all practical and said "let's look at finances," which I'd been doing since I hung up the phone.

We determined IT WOULD WORK because we have a very, very generous check to help us with Aulani expenses. An amazing bonus of WDW vacations is being able to pay them off as you go. So we've started doing that this week and saving money for Aulani.

Honestly, I don't mind living frugally this year when it means I get TWO WONDERFUL VACATIONS!!!!!!!

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
CAST OF CHARACTERS:

MY MOM ---72 years old, more energy than a 5 year old and the most optimistic, adventurous person I know. The only reason she's never been to WDW is because she's busy saving turtles in Costa Rica, hiking across Ireland or boating down the Mekong River. The actual one, not the Jungle Cruise :)

Jamie---Mom's best friend for life, same age, travel buddy of Mom's and very sweet.

This morning, we told DH's parents, who just returned from a trip last week for their 40th and his mom got so excited, she's serious about booking her trip. His dad has Parkinson's so they go slow but enjoy it all the same. They are worried about his fragile health but they say that every year and every year they show up with us.

So I'm booking dining ressies for 6 people, even though his parents never commit until a month before we go! The cancellation reservation policy is amazing for Disney!

Susan--DH's mom, loves fireworks and HM

Roland--DH's dad, chocolate, test-track and BTM lover

Steven--DH

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amjt660

Premium Member
Following along on this trip report
and please do a honeymoon report on Aulani
We have never been and would like to hear first hand from a WDWmagic member

Max

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
3/16/2017
So I had conferences at school and dh sent me a text that flights were open for October! He sent me four options and on my breaks, I called Mom who lives in Seattle and we were trying to work out details. When I finally got home at 8 pm, flight listings had changed and we figured out Mom could get on a flight out of Seattle at 5:30 am, meet us at the Denver airport so we can all fly out together on a noon flight that gets us to MCO at 5:40. We have plans to go to Boatwrights that night, so we figure we'll just make a late dinner reservation (8:30) and we should be able to get there in time (fingers crossed!):p:D:geek::):joyfull::jawdrop:

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
Don't know if I mentioned it but I went home (back to Seattle) and showed Mom and Jamie the WDW planning video from 2014. They were really impressed. While some things are different now, it was enough for them to understand what is possible!! :rolleyes::happy::cool::p

They were very impressed, if not a little overwhelmed. They are both excited and Mom wants to go parasailing with my DH, after seeing it in the promo video!

I'm going home next week (spring break luxury:cool:) and Mom and Jamie said they'd book their trip and plan where and when they want to eat! Going during the Food and Wine festival, they especially need to know they can use 3 snacks separately in exchange for one meal credit! :jawdrop:

I'm really excited to firm up their trip!

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
TODAY IS 60 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:o_O:cool::p:D
Mom and Jamie are really, genuinely excited to see WDW and the MAGIC!!! We spent the weekend deciding what parks we wanted to hit and when, based on our long-planned dining ressies. So other than choosing our FP's this weekend, there wasn't a whole lot to discuss. We're going in October and were supposed to see Fantasmic at 7:30 this year, with a dining ressie for the Fantasmic Dining package at Mama Melroses' at 2:30. While we could wait in some lines for TOT, TMM, Muppets or the Tower and RNRC, we will already be doing a day of FP's at HS and couldn't justify going to HS twice in this trip. I love Fantasmic, but I'm sure we'll catch it again next time. I'd rather be FOOD and WINING my way around Epcot.

Since the Food and Wine fest is going on, we changed our ressie to Via Napoli and are now planning almost a whole day in Epcot for the EMH that evening!! \

FASTPASS TIME WAS 4:50 MOUNTAIN TIME (DENVER) AND WE got everything we wanted, INCLUDING FOP!!!!!!!!!!!!:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How fun! Wow, your Mom travels.:) Would love to travel the world someday but I have so many places left to see in the US that I don't know if I'll fit it all in.:) Congrats on the ressies and I might see you at F&W as we move to Florida in 2 weeks!

amjt660

Premium Member
TODAY IS 60 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:o_O:cool::p:D
Mom and Jamie are really, genuinely excited to see WDW and the MAGIC!!! We spent the weekend deciding what parks we wanted to hit and when, based on our long-planned dining ressies. So other than choosing our FP's this weekend, there wasn't a whole lot to discuss. We're going in October and were supposed to see Fantasmic at 7:30 this year, with a dining ressie for the Fantasmic Dining package at Mama Melroses' at 2:30. While we could wait in some lines for TOT, TMM, Muppets or the Tower and RNRC, we will already be doing a day of FP's at HS and couldn't justify going to HS twice in this trip. I love Fantasmic, but I'm sure we'll catch it again next time. I'd rather be FOOD and WINING my way around Epcot.

Since the Food and Wine fest is going on, we changed our ressie to Via Napoli and are now planning almost a whole day in Epcot for the EMH that evening!! \

FASTPASS TIME WAS 4:50 MOUNTAIN TIME (DENVER) AND WE got everything we wanted, INCLUDING FOP!!!!!!!!!!!!:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sweet!!

Max

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
Speaking of excited, I had my annual "I'm so excited I'm going to freak out and end up in tears" moment yesterday. :eek::rolleyes: At 32, no less.

Mom and I are superduperclose and I'm an only child. But I was worrying she'd judge me for loving Disney and the Princesses, especially. I told her that yesterday and she said "don't worry." She was incredibly nice and sweet about it and while she may not love it the way my DH and I do, nor will she judge me and think I'm crazy. I have no idea why I was even worrying about it anyway, I think I am/was worried they won't like it/won't want to do stuff with us. In that case, we are all free to go off on our own and we've already established that with each other.

I have a thing for England, I've always been obsessed with that country. OF course, I love Epcot's UK section. But mom and I went to actual England in 2005 and I was beside myself:D:D:D but she was AMAZING and didn't laugh, didn't judge me, just let me have my "happy moments." I'm sure this trip will be no different. :D:D:cat::cat:

Jamie, mom's bff, who is coming with us is like my mom in the sense princesses aren't her thing. But everytime she writes me, she refers to my DH as my "prince" and threw me a lovely wedding shower with princesses everywhere :D:D:D:p:p:p

PERFECT!!!!

We are all packed, ready to go! If you can think of anything else we need, let us know! We've got our sneakers, extra socks, Gold Bond, band aids, rain jackets, sunglasses (extras), toiletries, long pants for our nights (just in case) and long sleeve shirts just in case. I think it'll be pretty warm even at night while we are there, but I'd rather be prepared, lol. Oh, and a jersey dress for the Cali grill :hungry::happy:

AND OUR MAGIC BANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: CAN'T FORGET THOSE!!!!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom