Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I usually disagree with you, but you are spot on. I worked for a very large company and managed their SG&A budget for the total company (not as glamorous as it sounds haha) and this is exactly true. Wall Street owns most Fortune 500 companies sadly.

Managing a SG&A budget tedious is the word which comes to mind immediately I agree very little glamour there.

But more CxO's need to stand up to Wall St and say what you want is bad for our business and customers.

Need to get back to the three legged stool of business ie 'customers, stakeholders and shareholders'. And move away from the Unicycle of Wall St.

The reason I dislike Iger so much is he allows Wall St to dictate how the TWDC company is run.

HMF

I personally think it is more than fantastic that, since the semins issue, they are finally doing things to fix spaceship earth.
I could be Wrong but I think minor fixes like turning the chariot back on or turning the paper boy around could be done overnight if they wanted to to tide us over until the next major refurb.

SirNim

since this is the most current spaceship earth thread will put this here; Happy to report the little beautiful coastal scene across from the Phoenicians has returned in full, and looks better than ever. (no little ship with the lantern) but at least the scene itself is back complete with twinkling stars, lit coast, and purple night sky.
Off topic and FWIW, after spending a week in the south of Spain last year, I hereby declare that Andalusia is the beating heart and soul of the Spaceship Earth experience. You can get the caveman experience in the many caves of Gibraltar, the Phoenician experience sitting on a restaurant patio along the beach of Marbella gazing out at the starlit Mediterranean Sea with Morocco in the distance, and you can get the Jewish Teachers and Islamic Scholars (old narration, I know, but beside the point) experience in Córdoba itself. Mile for mile, and euro for euro, the south of Spain packs the most Spaceship Earth punch into the smallest possible area. A+, highly recommended for all Spaceship Earth aficionados.

Last edited:

disney1023

I could be Wrong but I think minor fixes like turning the chariot back on or turning the paper boy around could be done overnight if they wanted to to tide us over until the next major refurb.
I'm sure that will happen at some point in the future. After all, Disney will have to focus on the ride now that Siemens is out of the picture.

becca_

IMG_4351.PNG

So I was looking at the map on Snapchat, and you can see stories from different places, does Epcot do this every night? I've never seen this before... The word said Illuminations and it was revolving around SSE. Anyone ever seen this before? Have I just missed it all this time?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
View attachment 222119
So I was looking at the map on Snapchat, and you can see stories from different places, does Epcot do this every night? I've never seen this before... The word said Illuminations and it was revolving around SSE. Anyone ever seen this before? Have I just missed it all this time?
You've missed it all this time.

bcoachable

did the true rift and reason ever bubble to the top as to why there was a split between said sponsor and said ride

edit:spelling

trainplane3

I think people know, it appears to be something that will lose people their jobs if leaked.

My guess is that Disney shut it down so they could turn SSE into an IP based ride. That leaves GM as the last surviving sponsor in Epcot, right?
What about Chiquita for the Land? Unless I'm not up on the sponsors.

rocketraccoon

My guess is that Disney shut it down so they could turn SSE into an IP based ride. That leaves GM as the last surviving sponsor in Epcot, right?
GM's Test Track, Chiquita's Living with the Land, Gildan's Colortopia, Coca-Cola's Club Cool, and Smucker's Garden Grill are the ones I can think of other than Siemens for Future World. I think there's still a few in World Showcase but I can't remember any of them.

I could've sworn Nikon sponsored that camera store next to Spaceship Earth.

LukeS7

GM's Test Track, Chiquita's Living with the Land, Gildan's Colortopia, Coca-Cola's Club Cool, and Smucker's Garden Grill are the ones I can think of other than Siemens for Future World. I think there's still a few in World Showcase but I can't remember any of them.

I could've sworn Nikon sponsored that camera store next to Spaceship Earth.
Pretty sure that was Kodak until they went under

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom