First time at DS

ELG13

Original Poster
Ok...we have a day and a night we are doing there. We have a 6 and a 3 yo. First, what's some stuff we definitely should do? Also, dining recommendations please! We have others meeting us for dinner down there but I think we are gonna do quick service...it all looks so good but we were thinking wolf gang express???

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Well DS is more of a shopping and retail area so there isn't any rides or attractions, tho there is a cinema and a bowling alley i do believe and Cirque.

ELG13

Original Poster
Well DS is more of a shopping and retail area so there isn't any rides or attractions, tho there is a cinema and a bowling alley i do believe and Cirque.
Oh...I thought there was stuff for them to do like the Lego store and a train ride and a few other things...maybe that was before the Reno??

No Name

You can meet and get pictures with the Coca-Cola polar bear at the Coca-Cola store.
There are some huge lego sculptures at the Lego store.
World of Disney is probably the most exciting store there. The Stitch above the door spits water.
Once Upon a Toy is another good store.
If they do pin trading, don't miss the pin store.

There are four "attractions," the balloon flight, boasthouse water cars, mini train, and carousel, which you'd have to pay for. Of course there's a lot else you can pay for. But I'm sure you don't want to blow out your wallet.

As for quick-service dinner, I'm not sure.

Last edited:

belledream

There are lots of stores themed towards children so I'm sure they would like that. Yes, there's LEGO, there's World of Disney, and a train and a small carousel (though I think you have to pay).

I'd say it's a nice way to spend an afternoon before dinner, but I wouldn't consider it an all day attraction if the main focus is entertaining the kids.

As for food, there's lots of QS options and also tons of snacking like cupcakes and chocolate, etc.

ELG13

Original Poster
There are lots of stores themed towards children so I'm sure they would like that. Yes, there's LEGO, there's World of Disney, and a train and a small carousel (though I think you have to pay).

I'd say it's a nice way to spend an afternoon before dinner, but I wouldn't consider it an all day attraction if the main focus is entertaining the kids.

As for food, there's lots of QS options and also tons of snacking like cupcakes and chocolate, etc.

That's what we are thinking...maybe head there after naptime...330ish grab dinner at 530or 6 and then explore a little more for a good snack!!
This may make me sound like a lush, but can you order a glass of wine or beer and walk with it?? Thought that might be a nice night cap while we explore after dinner

belledream

That's what we are thinking...maybe head there after naptime...330ish grab dinner at 530or 6 and then explore a little more for a good snack!!
This may make me sound like a lush, but can you order a glass of wine or beer and walk with it?? Thought that might be a nice night cap while we explore after dinner
That sounds like a good timeline. Not sure about the alcohol though. There is definitely a choice of bars and restaurants around, and places like Dockside Margarita, but not sure if they require you to finish or not. I would think not but I have no actual experiences with this.

wdwfan4ver

I went to Wolfgang Puck Express for Breakfast last year. I enjoyed the Chocolate chip Waffles, but I can't talk about Dinner there. While I went there for dinner and was good, that was back in 2008 or 2009.

Gatorboy

Earl of Sandwich in Marketplace, Blaze Pizza or Deluxe Burgers Town Center, Splitsville Westside. There are several beverage stands spread out the Springs you can walk around with your drinks

cspencer96

You can have open adult beverages to go anywhere within the bounds of Disney Springs. There are signs at the exits letting you know the point where you must dispose of them. The same goes for the theme parks.

TimeTrip

Ok...we have a day and a night we are doing there. We have a 6 and a 3 yo. First, what's some stuff we definitely should do? Also, dining recommendations please! We have others meeting us for dinner down there but I think we are gonna do quick service...it all looks so good but we were thinking wolf gang express???
Table service dining recommendations:
Boathouse for oysters/seafood
Frontera Cocina for great Mexican (and reasonably priced for disney)
Homecomin for great southern comfort food

matt9112

I wouldn't do wolf gang.....you can get that at any airport from here to China. pick something unique.

it's table service and over priced for the food you get but the dinosaur themed t-rex restaurant is really well done and your kids would love it.

deluxe burger is pretty good but the price is high (anything aT DS is) but they have alcoholic milk shakes and that's neat.

raglan road has a quick serve portion and I found the food there to be very well done as well.

earl of sandwich is a forum favorite here and I can attest is really good but at the end of tjed day still just sandwiches. probably the best value money wise in the entire place though.

for snacking the big bad wolf quick serve stand is also a favorite of mine.

boat house is likely the best food overall at DS but the prices belong in space and they use the high end steak house pricing scheme (you pay for sides)

Driver

I would also recommend seeing the human statues across from Amorettes pastry shop. They are typically there late day toward evening. There is a man and woman and they rotate out about every 30 min. +/-. It's fun to take a pic. with them and they usually animate to make people laugh. Depending on when you go there are two diff. themes gold or copper. They are amazing to watch. Many visitors don't know they exist and never get to see them. Just a fun little detail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom