Epcot Quick Service Suggestions

KCheatle

I'm not sure if you like Sushi, but I think Katsura is a hidden gem. For the basics, the US pavilion has a lot of options similar to the Electric Umbrella so you wouldn't have to go back to Future World. I also like the Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie in France. I like their sandwiches toasted and they have great desserts!!

Mickey5150

Tangierine cafe is a great place to eat and it's kids menu is chicken nuggets and hamburgers. Also Les Halles in France is awesome.

jaklgreen

Count us in on loving Tangierine Cafe. It is a favorite and a must do every trip. And yes, my kids love it there, they order either the lamb or the chicken shawarma plate.

Weather_Lady

Count us in on loving Tangierine Cafe. It is a favorite and a must do every trip. And yes, my kids love it there, they order either the lamb or the chicken shawarma plate.

Thank God for kids who are adventurous eaters! While mine love their boxed mac and cheese and chicken nuggets as much as the next kids, they also love to try new things, and generally are glad that they did. When we visit Tangierine Cafe they beg to order off of the grown-up menu (and of course we let them), because the food is so good!

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Just a thought about using a TS credit for Via Napoli -- if you're planning on getting pizza (especially if it's a big one to share) it will barely cost more than a CS meal would, and you might best pay for it out of pocket and save your TS credit for another location. (As you said, with World Showcase, the sky is the limit). If you're planning on ordering separate, pricier entrees like lasagna or veal, however, never mind.) :)
Was definitely planning on pizza, since it's my Godson's favorite and between the two of us, we'll only be getting one. Thanks for this!!

jaklgreen

Thank God for kids who are adventurous eaters! While mine love their boxed mac and cheese and chicken nuggets as much as the next kids, they also love to try new things, and generally are glad that they did. When we visit Tangierine Cafe they beg to order off of the grown-up menu (and of course we let them), because the food is so good!

My kids eat every day "normal" food. I never gave them the typical "kids" food crap like mac and cheese and chicken nuggets. They ate what we did and I cook most meals. I know what you mean though. We always ordered an adult meal for them to split. Just normal stuff like chicken breast and some broccoli, steak, shrimp, etc. I makes me disgusted that most of the children's meals they serve are over processed, low nutrition crap. Little kids will eat what you serve them and if you serve a variety of foods, then they are more likely to try something new. My kids loves going to WDW to try different types of food. I think that we as parents need to encourage kids to try new and different foods.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
When are you going? Don't forget that you have the Food and Wine booths that you can graze beginning August 31 through mid November.
Completely forgot about F&W!! I'll be there in late September. I think I'll find something kid friendly for him and stick to my usual snacking around the "world."

jaklgreen

Completely forgot about F&W!! I'll be there in late September. I think I'll find something kid friendly for him and stick to my usual snacking around the "world."

Get him to try the foods at the food booths. You never know what you are going to like unless you try it. I think people just fall into this "kid" food rut and think that children would not like other types of food. If you think about it, these "kids meal" menus have only been out for a few decades. Before that children just ate what their parents did.

correcaminos

Get him to try the foods at the food booths. You never know what you are going to like unless you try it. I think people just fall into this "kid" food rut and think that children would not like other types of food. If you think about it, these "kids meal" menus have only been out for a few decades. Before that children just ate what their parents did.
I agree with this. You never know what he will like. Keep in mind most of the QS around WS will have lots of options if the F&WF food isn't what he's interested in.

I know it's your Godson and not your child so you're more likely to spoil, but I think letting him look first at foods might be fun!

I'm lucky in that my kid eats most everything. Though he doesn't have a liking for squishy nuggets or mac & cheese from a box (he does love home made - dang he spoiled). I can usually find him something like grilled chicken worst case, but most of the time he likes child portions of real foods.

jaklgreen

I agree with this. You never know what he will like. Keep in mind most of the QS around WS will have lots of options if the F&WF food isn't what he's interested in.

I know it's your Godson and not your child so you're more likely to spoil, but I think letting him look first at foods might be fun!

I'm lucky in that my kid eats most everything. Though he doesn't have a liking for squishy nuggets or mac & cheese from a box (he does love home made - dang he spoiled). I can usually find him something like grilled chicken worst case, but most of the time he likes child portions of real foods.

Yes! Always encourage to try new things right? I do wish that WDW did offer more normal food options in smaller portions for kids.

correcaminos

Yes! Always encourage to try new things right? I do wish that WDW did offer more normal food options in smaller portions for kids.
I agree! Some places too have such bland food that no one wanted to eat it. We had that issue at BOG - after the 2nd meal came back bland, we just split my meal. I don't expect them to make it maybe as complex as they could, but stop making them blah.

Even if they can take a 'kid's menu item' and make it better. Sanaa with the naan pizza or the butter chicken (chicken in a good sauce). Spice Road with thick 'sliders' on a brioche bun with hummus and carrots. Skippers Canteen has some great options too I think. It has gotten better IMO. I remember about 8 years ago the food was even worse, so I give them credit for expanding. I ate some of the pizzas and burgers they had before and they were gross. My kid was much happier eating my food too and my husband would eat the dry bland stuff while our son ate off of us (not that he wanted it either, he just would be more willing to eat it than we were) I can at least find something that isn't just fried foods now. The QS menus have been expanding some too. Still we are in DVC villas now and we often just do 1 meal in the parks a day with the other two back at the room.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
My kids eat every day "normal" food. I never gave them the typical "kids" food crap like mac and cheese and chicken nuggets. They ate what we did and I cook most meals. I know what you mean though. We always ordered an adult meal for them to split. Just normal stuff like chicken breast and some broccoli, steak, shrimp, etc. I makes me disgusted that most of the children's meals they serve are over processed, low nutrition crap. Little kids will eat what you serve them and if you serve a variety of foods, then they are more likely to try something new. My kids loves going to WDW to try different types of food. I think that we as parents need to encourage kids to try new and different foods.

I'm with you on that one. My mom did the same with us, and I'm glad for it. I'm definitely going to use this trip to broaden his horizons. There's so much he's missing out on.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

I'm with you! If it were my actual kid, this wouldn't even be a discussion. My mom was the same way with us. But, I gotta work with what the kid wants. Although, I will

I'm with you on that one. My mom did the same with us, and I'm glad for it. I'm definitely going to use this trip to broaden his horizons. There's so much he's missing out on.

I get what you are saying. I have watched my nieces and nephews over the years and their mom can not cook. So they usually eat more junk style food because she says that they don't like "normal' food and will only eat, nuggets, crap, crap, etc. But every time they are with me, I just make normal food for the family and they scarf it down like they have not had food in 4 days. It is a fine line when dealing with other kids, I get that. We just don't tell their mom what they ate when they are with us, win-win. LOL I am sure you guys will have a great time.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
I get what you are saying. I have watched my nieces and nephews over the years and their mom can not cook. So they usually eat more junk style food because she says that they don't like "normal' food and will only eat, nuggets, crap, crap, etc. But every time they are with me, I just make normal food for the family and they scarf it down like they have not had food in 4 days. It is a fine line when dealing with other kids, I get that. We just don't tell their mom what they ate when they are with us, win-win. LOL I am sure you guys will have a great time.
Same here. When he's with me, I can usually get him to eat whatever I do. His mom, however, has no such luck. I remember the first time I took him for the weekend, I was given an exhaustive(verbal)? list of what he will and won't eat. I gave that kid paella and you would've thought it was his last meal. When he asked his mom for Spanish food, she called me exclaiming "how did you do that?!"

correcaminos

Same here. When he's with me, I can usually get him to eat whatever I do. His mom, however, has no such luck. I remember the first time I took him for the weekend, I was given an exhaustive(verbal)? list of what he will and won't eat. I gave that kid paella and you would've thought it was his last meal. When he asked his mom for Spanish food, she called me exclaiming "how did you do that?!"
Sometimes it's also just how kids are with parents vs others :D I'm sure you can find something good for him though!

Matt_Black

I agree with pretty much everything here, and throw in a vote for Sommerfest. Those paprika chips that came with my curry wurst were sublime!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom