Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

Brian Swan

I think it unlikely it will be used as queue space for too long.

Pandora only needed the extended queue for a week. Star Wars is more popular but even so I doubt it's needed more than a month.
The site that shall not be mentioned "declared" that this area will be nothing but a queue area for the hordes of people waiting to get into SWL. But we know how accurate some of his statements are...

cjkeating

The site that shall not be mentioned "declared" that this area will be nothing but a queue area for the hordes of people waiting to get into SWL. But we know how accurate some of his statements are...

I think the site that shall not be named has just gone click bait as usual. Whilst it is true the area WILL be used for a queue, for the majority of its existence it will be a path to SW:GE which doesn't sound quite as sensational.

Kman101

It's the main path/roadway into the land (there's a path from TSL of course), so of course it would become queue space when the line to get into the land extends well out. He didn't exactly post 'breaking news' and something that should be common sense.

Not sure what anyone expected Grand Avenue to be? It will have a pub ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's the main path/roadway into the land (there's a path from TSL of course), so of course it would become queue space when the line to get into the land extends well out. He didn't exactly post 'breaking news' and something that should be common sense.

Not sure what anyone expected Grand Avenue to be? It will have a pub ;)

It will have the Grandest switchback queue in the whole world!!

Next Big Thing

Up to the minute update:
IMG_1580.JPG

Last edited:

Herbie

But things like the side of the Sci-Fi building should easily be fixed. Do some painting on the side like they did for the MK Bypass. I mean some of these soundstage issues can be easily fixed with paint.

It would seem like they could have started on the side of the Sci Fi connected to the bar, and worry about the entrance side later. Once everything opens, they could easily close and block off the Sci Fi and ABC Commissary (because it needs a retheme) as well as the Animation area. With Toy Story Land, hopefully the kiddos can live without Disney Junior for awhile while they figure out what to do with Mermaid and Launch Bay and their buildings.

Next Big Thing

It would seem like they could have started on the side of the Sci Fi connected to the bar, and worry about the entrance side later. Once everything opens, they could easily close and block off the Sci Fi and ABC Commissary (because it needs a retheme) as well as the Animation area. With Toy Story Land, hopefully the kiddos can live without Disney Junior for awhile while they figure out what to do with Mermaid and Launch Bay and their buildings.
Mark me down as fine for many of those fake soundstage themed buildings to be demolished.

Especially everything in Animation Courtyard.

Herbie

Mark me down as fine for many of those fake soundstage themed buildings to be demolished.

Especially everything in Animation Courtyard.

Same here, but of course I'd like for them to keep the Sci Fi... I'd prefer them to move it to a more open area with a new building and utilize that space a bit better, but if it must stay on 'Commissary Lane', so be it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Don't attractions fit into a huge box? I assume that was not a hint just a statement of reality.

It was a reference to how the giant studio buildings look from the outside. If you're going to have a theme park which isn't about 'studios' anymore, how do you hide the fact you have giant pink boxes of buildings everywhere? Traditional theme parking usually puts giant attraction buildings on the outside perimeter of the park and throws up a giant facade facing inward. When the huge building is in the middle of the park, what's a multi-billion dollar corporation to do?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom