New land idea for Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom

MountainX3WDW

Original Poster
What new lands (In your opinion) should come to the Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom.

I think for the Magic Kingdom, they should definitely consider the Disneyland Project that never happened "Mythica" which was based around Greek and roman myths and legends. Obviously they'd have to include Hercules in this, and probably something for The Emperors New Grove. As to where, I'd think a pathway where the entrance to the Haunted Mansion is would be a great walkway and scenery as entering the Land, and have it be behind The Haunted Mansion, its a small world, and parts of Be our Guest restraint.

As for the Animal Kingdom, Id definitely like to see Zootopia come to the park. Maybe a ride going along the lines as "your in the police car with Judy, as when the Midnicampum holicithias (the flower that turns all the predators crazy) and you must catch them all before it affects all of Zootopia, and you go through all of the regions shown in the movie. As to where in the Animal Kingdom, as much as I want it to replace DinoLand U.S.A. it would be more reasonable to put it in the spot of Rafiki's Planet Watch. But, one of the creative things they can do if they replace Rafiki's Planet Watch is that they can change the Wildlife Express Train, into the Train that Judy Hopps rides to go into the city. Plus it would be neat to add Little Rodentia in it.

Daveeeeed

What new lands (In your opinion) should come to the Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom.

I think for the Magic Kingdom, they should definitely consider the Disneyland Project that never happened "Mythica" which was based around Greek and roman myths and legends. Obviously they'd have to include Hercules in this, and probably something for The Emperors New Grove. As to where, I'd think a pathway where the entrance to the Haunted Mansion is would be a great walkway and scenery as entering the Land, and have it be behind The Haunted Mansion, its a small world, and parts of Be our Guest restraint.

As for the Animal Kingdom, Id definitely like to see Zootopia come to the park. Maybe a ride going along the lines as "your in the police car with Judy, as when the Midnicampum holicithias (the flower that turns all the predators crazy) and you must catch them all before it affects all of Zootopia, and you go through all of the regions shown in the movie. As to where in the Animal Kingdom, as much as I want it to replace DinoLand U.S.A. it would be more reasonable to put it in the spot of Rafiki's Planet Watch. But, one of the creative things they can do if they replace Rafiki's Planet Watch is that they can change the Wildlife Express Train, into the Train that Judy Hopps rides to go into the city. Plus it would be neat to add Little Rodentia in it.
I think that would be a wonderful concept for the Magic Kingdom! As Club 33 on these forums proved, either Discovery Bay, or a San Francisco land seems to be out of this world. Even a London type mini-land park of Fantasyland could be very cool and lend itself to 101 Dalmatians rides or an Alice in Wonderland ride.

But Zootopia does not fit the mission statement of Animal Kingdom no matter how you slice or dice it. Its underlying themes are about racism, stereotypes, and at the face, it is sort of like a buddy comedy. I loved the film and would love a ride, but as epic as the world it occupies is, I'm skeptical it would translate well to a theme park. The biggest relation is animals which is a humongous problem as I'll explain below.

While Pandora proved an IP based land does not have to have anything to do with the film's story at all, just the message and the world which it resides in, the overall message of the film was still about conservation and an analogy for Earth which ties into the mission statement of Animal Kingdom. It also checks out a mystical land which was supposed to be added to the park from day one. A city doesn't seem like it would work if they focus on the place and ecosystems.

Plus while Zootopia sounds like an intriguing concept for a land especially at Hollywood Studios, part of the reason the film was so cool was that it showed animals living in cool boroughs. There will be only humans walking around the land, not animals, so that kind of messes with the land. Since Animal Kingdom is about nature, then how will modern buildings fit? They could make it fit, but they would have to drastically change the way they do it... it would have to be about different ecosystems which could work, but I worry that it won't happen that way. I know obviously that is not a dealbreaker, but it is something to consider since that is the only means of connection it would have to Animal Kingdom. Cars Land, on the other hand, feels real as a place because it was inspired by Route 66. It's America occupied by Cars, so that's pretty easy to push past. Again I think it's possible it could work (mainly relating to the ecosystems), but it would be a lot harder than getting Pandora to fit, which it does as perfectly as any non-ip would have IMO.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I think that would be a wonderful concept for the Magic Kingdom! As Club 33 on these forums proved, either Discovery Bay, or a San Francisco land seems to be out of this world. Even a London type mini-land park of Fantasyland could be very cool and lend itself to 101 Dalmatians rides or an Alice in Wonderland ride.

But Zootopia does not fit the mission statement of Animal Kingdom no matter how you slice or dice it. Its underlying themes are about racism, stereotypes, and at the face, it is sort of like a buddy comedy. I loved the film and would love a ride, but as epic as the world it occupies is, I'm skeptical it would translate well to a theme park. The biggest relation is animals which is a humongous problem as I'll explain below.

While Pandora proved an IP based land does not have to have anything to do with the film's story at all, just the message and the world which it resides in, the overall message of the film was still about conservation and an analogy for Earth which ties into the mission statement of Animal Kingdom. It also checks out a mystical land which was supposed to be added to the park from day one. A city doesn't seem like it would work too well, but they could be it off if they change a lot of things.

Plus while Zootopia sounds like an intriguing concept for a land even at Hollywood Studios, part of the reason the film was so cool was that it showed animals living in cool boroughs. There will be only humans walking around the land, not animals, so that kind of messes with the land. Since Animal Kingdom is about nature, then how will modern buildings fit? They could make it fit, but they would have to drastically change the way they do it... it would have to be about different ecosystems which could work, but I worry that it won't happen that way. I know obviously that is not a dealbreaker, but it is something to consider since that is the only means of connection it would have to Animal Kingdom. Cars Land, on the other hand, feels real as a place because it was inspired by Route 66. It's America occupied by Cars, so that's pretty easy to push past. Again I think it's possible it could work (mainly relating to the ecosystems), but it would be a lot harder than getting Pandora to fit, which it does as perfectly as any non-ip would have IMO.
I get where you're coming from with Zootopia. BUT another important theme from that filn was the animals living in harmony. That is a theme that could definitely be explored more as an Animal Kingdom land and connects to the overall themes of the park. The city scape would be a bad fut visually, but I think having it separated with the train ride solves that problem. It could easily be Animal Kingdom's Toontown.

Daveeeeed

I get where you're coming from with Zootopia. BUT another important theme from that film was the animals living in harmony. That is a theme that could definitely be explored more as an Animal Kingdom land and connects to the overall themes of the park. The city scape would be a bad fit visually, but I think having it separated with the train ride solves that problem. It could easily be Animal Kingdom's Toontown.
A better themed Toontown:p. Though I love Disneyland's Toontown, it would stick out like a sore thumb theming wise compared to the rest of Animal Kingdom. Logistically, it would be an operational nightmare to only be transported by a new version of the wildlife Wildlife Express Train; though the train would fit perfectly with the IP. It would have to have to be redone and almost certainly requiring a walkway.
Thematically will it be appropriate to start in Africa? The stretch between Africa and Asia could use some proper development too, so that could be a great entrance. And with a significantly larger capacity featuring fully indoor cabins like the Hogwart's Express, it could work very well, but I still think it would need some sort of walkway just for crowd control.

The theme you brought up I completely forgot about. That would definitely make it fit better on paper, but I would definitely hope they strike the conservation aspect too. Like I said, focusing a mix of ecosystems like seen in the city of Zootopia could be epic. Another worry I have is that everything in Animal Kingdom is dominated by nature. Every man built structure has lush, overgrown vegetation around it, and decay. That further emphasizes the park's epic story into what is a relevant and timeless theme. The point you mentioned about animal's relationship to one another is fantastic, but the land itself would be occupied by humans. Would there be animal exhibits? That would be a bit in contrast with the movie, but other than nature centric ecosystems, it would be the only other true tie-in to the land. Maybe my imagination is currently not as awesome as I would want it to be for this topic, but I am just not seeing how it could work. I do think having it just North of Kali just under Rafiki's Planet Watch would be wildly superior to a spot in Dinoland. The contrast might work really well with the park when in its own area, similar to how Diagon Alley compares to Universal Studios Park. It's just that the last time they tried that with extinct animals at Animal Kingdom, it failed on so many levels. Maybe animals of today and better theming would allow it to work:p.

Dinoland needs an overhaul first anyway. Zootopia has to remain timeless for it to then go to the park, and I fear that they will shrink Dinoland in order to do it. Nevertheless, they could still find a way to do it properly, I just think the way they will do it will not fit the park the way it should.

Alex Parsons

I think Zootopia could fit in well with it replacing Rafiki's planet watch and becoming its own separate world away from the natural environment of AK. They could play heavily on the Animals in Harmony theme and the ecosystem element. They could actually have Little Rodentia as a caged Rodent Exhibit in the middle of Zootopia. Servers behind counters at restaurants and shops could be Animal Animatronics controlled by Humans backstage.

Anyway onto what I meant to talk about. I had an idea for what I guess is a Fantasyland Expansion but in a way is it's own land with rides, restaurants and shops. I call it 'Fantasyland Underground' but I'm thinking of changing it to 'Fantasyland: Dragon's Keep'. It's an underground cave themed land for Thrill rides that fit into the Fantasyland theme, you walk down into the main cave which is circular with lots of cave tunnels containing rides, shops and restaurants leading off from it. I was thinking 3 rides (each a different style ride), and one or two shops and restaurants. I feel like a Spicy Steakhouse restaurant fits the style of the expansion. My best ride ideas so far are: Wreck-it Ralph VR Racers (The theme fits Fantasyland but its too much of a thrill ride and too technological) and a Dragon Coaster possibly themed after Maleficent (Hence the possible name change to 'Fantasyland: Dragon's Keep').
Let me know if you have any ideas for Fantasyland Underground

Suchomimus

I think Zootopia could fit in well with it replacing Rafiki's planet watch and becoming its own separate world away from the natural environment of AK. They could play heavily on the Animals in Harmony theme and the ecosystem element.
I'm just going to throw David's quote to you since you don't appear to understand as to why Zootopia is completely irrelevant to Animal Kingdom's themes.

While Pandora proved an IP based land does not have to have anything to do with the film's story at all, just the message and the world which it resides in, the overall message of the film was still about conservation and an analogy for Earth which ties into the mission statement of Animal Kingdom. It also checks out a mystical land which was supposed to be added to the park from day one. A city doesn't seem like it would work if they focus on the place and ecosystems.

Plus while Zootopia sounds like an intriguing concept for a land especially at Hollywood Studios, part of the reason the film was so cool was that it showed animals living in cool boroughs. There will be only humans walking around the land, not animals, so that kind of messes with the land. Since Animal Kingdom is about nature, then how will modern buildings fit? They could make it fit, but they would have to drastically change the way they do it... it would have to be about different ecosystems which could work, but I worry that it won't happen that way. I know obviously that is not a dealbreaker, but it is something to consider since that is the only means of connection it would have to Animal Kingdom. Cars Land, on the other hand, feels real as a place because it was inspired by Route 66. It's America occupied by Cars, so that's pretty easy to push past. Again I think it's possible it could work (mainly relating to the ecosystems), but it would be a lot harder than getting Pandora to fit, which it does as perfectly as any non-ip would have IMO.

BigThunder26

I personally believe that Zootopia would make for a fantastic themed land, and if Disney was going to put it in a non-Chinese park, let's face it, it would be Animal Kingdom. I know that you're saying it wouldn't fit in with the core values of Animal Kingdom, but let's face it, where else would they put it? I imagine that it'd be placed either between Pandora and the Lion King show, or replacing Rafiki's Planet Watch. They might move to replace the latter, and make the trains a sort of Hogwarts Express-type deal, in the vein of the train scene from the film. I could go into more detail, but I don't know. But yeah, if they made a Zootopia land, it would definitely be in Animal Kingdom.

Suchomimus

I personally believe that Zootopia would make for a fantastic themed land, and if Disney was going to put it in a non-Chinese park, let's face it, it would be Animal Kingdom. I know that you're saying it wouldn't fit in with the core values of Animal Kingdom, but let's face it, where else would they put it? I imagine that it'd be placed either between Pandora and the Lion King show, or replacing Rafiki's Planet Watch. They might move to replace the latter, and make the trains a sort of Hogwarts Express-type deal, in the vein of the train scene from the film. I could go into more detail, but I don't know. But yeah, if they made a Zootopia land, it would definitely be in Animal Kingdom.
Joe Rhode discussed the reasons as to why Pandora is thematically relevant to be in Animal Kingdom, so there's no excuses (excluding merchandising) for Zootopia to coexist inside Animal Kingdom. And to answer your question;
HS_Sign.jpg

BigThunder26

Joe Rhode discussed the reasons as to why Pandora is thematically relevant to be in Animal Kingdom, so there's no excuses (excluding merchandising) for Zootopia to coexist inside Animal Kingdom. And to answer your question;
HS_Sign.jpg
Fair point, fair point. But Hollywood Studios is already in the midst of two large expansions, another would might be seen as overdoing it. Besides, is there a thematic reason for Finding Nemo: The Musical to be in Dinoland USA?

Suchomimus

Fair point, fair point. But Hollywood Studios is already in the midst of two large expansions, another would might be seen as overdoing it. Besides, is there a thematic reason for Finding Nemo: The Musical to be in Dinoland USA?
Well first off, nobody in their right minds would start construction immediately after they finished a project. And second no, but the Theater in the Sea is the only place; for at least the time being it seems; is the only place in WDW where Disney is going to use for Finding Nemo.

BigThunder26

Well first off, nobody in their right minds would start construction immediately after they finished a project. And second no, but the Theater in the Sea is the only place; for at least the time being it seems; is the only place in WDW where Disney is going to use for Finding Nemo.
Well, I know that. Let's face it, the best solution is to build a fifth gate and put a Zootopia/Zootropolis/Animalburg/Zoomania/Zootopie/Animalopolis/Crazy Animal City land there.

BigThunder26

Hold it, Zootopia/Zootropolis also goes by those names?!
According to TV Tropes, yes. Animalburg in Poland, Zoomania in Germany, Zootopie in France, Animalopolis in Russia, and Crazy Animal City in China. Personally, I think it would've made double at the box office if it went by Crazy Animal City in every country.

BenJacobs

Just stating that the following would cost a ridiculous amount to build, and that it would never come to fruition, but with unlimited funds:

Magic Kingdom:
1. New Pirate Cove area where Adventureland currently is, it would replace Jungle Cruise, and surrounding buildings, but the old Pirates Of The Caribbean would just be destroyed, and the land jsed for something else. It would contain a new Pirates ride, and a show or two.
2. A new Adventureland would be added north of Rivers of America, it would appear about the same as the Shanghai one, with the main waterfall at the end of Rivers of America, giving a very pleasant view. Under the Roaring Rapids mountain would be an Indiana Jones ride, with a new layout and storyline.
3. Mystic Point added north east of the park, above where the circus area is now.
4. Extend Fantasyland eastwards, taking up the circus area and the area where there is currently a small lake/pond, add a new Winnie the Pooh trackless ride, and some other stuff. Also extend it northwards, a path between It's a Small World and Be Our Guest, leading to the new Adventureland, where a new ride can also be.
5. Something between Big Thunder and the new Adventureland.
6. Something between Pirates Cove and Frontierland.
7. An idea for a land is based on the elements(fire, earth, air/wind, etc).

Animal Kingdom:
1. Definitely not Zootopia, it doesn't fit in Animal Kingdom for many reasons, which I can't be bothered to get into now, I've written it out too many times.
2. A land based on deserts, either deserts in general, or a Sahara expansion to Africa.
3. Replace Dino-rama with the Excavator(not exactly a new land, but a major change).
4. Another land(not Indiana Jones), north east of Dinoland and east of Asia.

BenJacobs

According to TV Tropes, yes. Animalburg in Poland, Zoomania in Germany, Zootopie in France, Animalopolis in Russia, and Crazy Animal City in China. Personally, I think it would've made double at the box office if it went by Crazy Animal City in every country.

Animalopolis is so much better than Zootopia...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom