A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Stitchon

Therefore, Blaze needs to install additional capacity to support the expected crowd levels as not to lose revenue to nearby competition..

I doubt they're losing revenue. Who are they competing against? D-Lux? I don't think so.

They're already the best bargain in the Springs and they aren't going to uproot their business model when they're already doing immense volume.

Anyway, this is off-topic.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You know...Disney has a refill mug too - that lasts for the entire length of visit. Sure it isn't in the park, but it's a lot cheaper than $8.99 a day.

But we are talking about the in park beverage pricing where a single soft drink is nearly 4.00 so 8.99 for all one can drink seems pretty good to me.

Their resorts also have a mug system where a lengh of stay was $13.99

Oh and neither has a 'refill timer'

Nmoody1

Crowds and capacity at SDL are currently a toxic mix and one that won't significantly improve for years to come.

But if you want to pay (more than the price of a one day ticket) you can purchase a set of seven FPs -- one for every attraction that uses the service (Tron, Buzz, Soaring, RR, SDMT, Pan and Pooh), you can get out of waits or have a great head start. You can also purchase just one FP (in the land your attraction resides for about $17) if it is available. Each day, all the FPs allotments available for sale were in fact ... sold.

***Please recall the above when we start talking D23 and SW and WDW plans!

Lines were very, very long. Our longest wait was 70 minutes the first time we rode Pirates (most of the queue is inside in lightly themed rooms BUT with open air on the sides and only ceiling fans to circulate very hot humid air). Next longest was 50 minutes the only time we rode Voyage to the Crystal Grotto. We also did 45 minutes the first time we rode Buzz. Those might sound like your typical WDW or DL waits, but they aren't for me. I don't do those. By comparison we never waited more than 20 minutes for anything in three full days at TDL and two full days at TDS.

There are strange things about SDL that hit you. Most of the resort signage is for the Pudong International Tourism Zone, not SDL. You realize very quickly where you are located. The two hotels are not located conveniently to each other. Indeed, we never set foot in the SDLH, one of my disappointments. The toilets are almost all of the squat variety with 1-2 western stalls in most men's facilities. An odd choice for a modern build in Shanghai and one which tells you who this park was built for (not American or British bloggers). The BGM in the Gardens of Imagination is not Disney music or even film music. It sounded to me like American pop hits of the 70s, 80s and 90s turned into orchestral versions. There is a giant tent sale (for seasonal passholders only) set up on one of the expansion pads of Fantasyland. Really. Like if they moved the old EPCOT parking lot CM sales into the park and stationed security out front to make sure only certain people got in. I would have liked the chance to buy Grand Opening merchandise (and they have plenty left as seen by the recent dropping of a load at EPCOT) at up to 70% off too!

MORE ...

Think the BGM has been changed for the summer promotion. It's usually music from Fantasia and a few other Disney tunes mixed in.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Therefore, Blaze needs to install additional capacity to support the expected crowd levels as not to lose revenue to nearby competition..

No they need to install a capacity management system which manages staffing and consumables purchasing based on pre-order data.

Interesting thought how much of the profit crisis at WDW is caused by TS venues turning customers away from half full eateries???

While the ADR and fine system gives you cost predictability it also caps potential profit.

Since Disney apparently wants the 'one and done' crowd how many of those understand that ADR is a requirement??? And how many of those end up stuck using TS credits for QS

Disneyhead'71

It is apparent that people who follow this thread are totally incapable of staying on topic. So, as long as no forum rules are broken, and the OP allows it to wander, you're on your own.

But it's interesting to see how a thread with a topic about the Asian parks has become another Disney vs Universal argument.
The Neverending Disney VS Uni Debate. Tonight's topic, Non-Park QS Pizza.

Blaze VS Red Oven.....GO!

What is the Non Park QS Pizza like in Shanghai?

kevlightyear

It is apparent that people who follow this thread are totally incapable of staying on topic. So, as long as no forum rules are broken, and the OP allows it to wander, you're on your own.

But it's interesting to see how a thread with a topic about the Asian parks has become another Disney vs Universal argument.

This thread was in the wrong place to begin with. We have both a Trip Report forum and an Asian Parks Forum, either of which would have been more appropriate.

njDizFan

No they need to install a capacity management system which manages staffing and consumables purchasing based on pre-order data.

Interesting thought how much of the profit crisis at WDW is caused by TS venues turning customers away from half full eateries???

While the ADR and fine system gives you cost predictability it also caps potential profit.

Since Disney apparently wants the 'one and done' crowd how many of those understand that ADR is a requirement??? And how many of those end up stuck using TS credits for QS
As a former restaurateur I completely understand the importance of proper staffing. It is a delicate balance to make sure everyone is staying busy and earning money(believe me, more staff is worse since the idle staff often bring down the people working). I had plenty of days where I guessed wrong and had a small staff and people were upset to see only 1/3 of the tables being utilized and then other days where I had not enough work for my staff.

But you are correct this is more about cost predictability. They would rather know they are getting X amount of revenue, on Y amount of labor and Z amount of supplies. They can calculate weeks out how much profit for that location. But also possibly not giving themselves the potential for greater profit and better customer satisfaction. An Applebees off the turnpike is different then Disneyworld. The potential is much greater on the upside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom