News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

asianway

No idea. I just know I want to be on Energy's last ride. Anyone know if it would still close at 7 on that day or would they keep it open later?
I would think theyd have started that already. Is it even filling to capacity? I saw multiple posts that they are only running 4/6 cars. Doubt theyll bother repairing it, lol

Herbie

I would think theyd have started that already. Is it even filling to capacity? I saw multiple posts that they are only running 4/6 cars. Doubt theyll bother repairing it, lol

I took my first ride on Energy a few days back (based on the fact it's from 1996 alone, I've always thought it was dated and needed replacing, but it was actually charming). I'm not sure about "filled to capacity" (I was on the far right, and it didn't seem like the middle row was open?) Anyways, it was as filled to capacity as you could expect. People are definitely coming by to reminisce.

asianway

I took my first ride on Energy a few days back (based on the fact it's from 1996 alone, I've always thought it was dated and needed replacing, but it was actually charming). I'm not sure about "filled to capacity" (I was on the far right, and it didn't seem like the middle row was open?) Anyways, it was as filled to capacity as you could expect. People are definitely coming by to reminisce.
Ellen was horrible in 1996.

Food Rocks was a downgrade from Kitchen Kabaret.

Every single decision(TT is the only one you could possibly argue) boiled the EPCOT frog starting in 94.

The Empress Lilly

No idea. I just know I want to be on Energy's last ride. Anyone know if it would still close at 7 on that day or would they keep it open later?
I said goodbye to Energy last October. I rode it twice in a row, walking all over the pavilion for a long good look at everything, then sat outside staring at the pavilion for an hour.

That is when they called security on me. ;)

Sadly, this May for some reason I was under the impression that Energy would be save again for a little while longer, so I only rode it once, just for fun (I would never skip this ride on any trip!), not realising it would be my last ride. I now regret not riding it a few more times. Frustratingly, I go back next month, for my last trip for quite a while after that. I did expect to have to wave goodbye then.

More's the better I'm not on the final ride. I couldn't handle it.

Good for you to just sit there in quiet contemplation, rather than join the exhibitionist blogger brigade who seem to think of catching a last ride as a trophy moment rather than as a personal moment of introspective melancholy.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I just rode it last week for the last time and honestly, I'm okay with it leaving. The scenes were cool but the live action people couldn't have been more annoying and ruined the whole thing for me.
I would guess that this is what happens when people find out they are about to lose their job. They just no longer give a crap about making your day or not making it.

Princess Leia

My CM friend is taking it really hard. I'm not sure what job she's getting after this, but her last day as a gangster was 2 weeks ago, and she's a Tour Guide for the next few days. She found out her next location... in a Mickey themed conference room, and essentially said that it felt bad to learn that in that particular room. Based on the comments, it sounds like the other GMR CMs feel like it was in pretty poor taste.

She really loved being Mugsi, and I was really hoping to see her perform in November. It sounds like most of the GMR CMs are taking this badly.

ToTBellHop

My CM friend is taking it really hard. I'm not sure what job she's getting after this, but her last day as a gangster was 2 weeks ago, and she's a Tour Guide for the next few days. She found out her next location... in a Mickey themed conference room, and essentially said that it felt bad to learn that in that particular room. Based on the comments, it sounds like the other GMR CMs feel like it was in pretty poor taste.

She really loved being Mugsi, and I was really hoping to see her perform in November. It sounds like most of the GMR CMs are taking this badly.
CMs in that role should really be sent somewhere else that can use their skills as openings develop. Like Jungle Cruise.

Kman101

Is she blonde because there was one that was really good in the role. I wish I caught her name but I'm terrible at that.

Princess Leia

Is she blonde because there was one that was really good in the role. I wish I caught her name but I'm terrible at that.
More of a light-haired ginger? Her name is Leah, but all of the gangsters are Mugsy/i.
CMs in that role should really be sent somewhere else that can use their skills as openings develop. Like Jungle Cruise.
'Adventureland/Liberty Square' is her new assignment location, so I'm hoping it's Jungle Cruise (though I suppose it could also be Muppets?). I'm not sure how much the JC CMs get to improv with the jokes, but she did improv in college for 2 or 3 years and was pretty funny.

ToTBellHop

More of a light-haired ginger? Her name is Leah, but all of the gangsters are Mugsy/i.

'Adventureland/Liberty Square' is her new assignment location, so I'm hoping it's Jungle Cruise (though I suppose it could also be Muppets?). I'm not sure how much the JC CMs get to improv with the jokes, but she did improv in college for 2 or 3 years and was pretty funny.
They are supposed to stick to a script with a series of jokes to choose from, but many go off-script.

asianway

I would guess that this is what happens when people find out they are about to lose their job. They just no longer give a crap about making your day or not making it.
GMR cast, Guide, Gangster, & Bandit, are not equity - they are ops people, same as any ride operator, and protected by the union to be reassigned.

If they were equity, like when Adventurer's Club closed, then they would not have a guarantee.

Goofyernmost

They aren't necessarily being laid off.
OK, then they are going to end up pointing two fingers at people and asking... how many in your group? If they are paid a higher scale, as in actors, then you can bet that the future isn't all that bright unless they are exceptional. I'm sure that as of this point they really don't know for sure what is going to happen. All the comment was is perhaps a reason that they aren't exactly stellar in their performance right about now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom