Doctor Who

Daveeeeed

Since Time Lords can change their entire appearance when they regenerate ("Still not ginger"), I never thought changing genders was out of the question. I think that part of the issue some people are having is that the Doctor isn't as asexual as he used to be. Sure, he'd been married and had kids (and at least one grandchild, Susan), but we never really saw him romancing anyone. Then Eight came along and kissed Grace. Nine flirted with Jack and Rose. Ten... flirted a lot lol Rose, Madame de Pompadour, Elizabeth I, and others I'm forgetting about. Eleven married River. And then from what I saw of Twelve, it was a return to form for the Doctor not getting involved with his companions. Thirteen could be like Twelve.

Oh Ghostbusters... With better writing, that could have been much, much better. That third act was a mess (though I loved watching Hemsworth hamming it up). I think the Honest Trailer of Ghostbusters said it best: "You can't all be Venkman".
Didn't know that part of the series. Thanks for informing me! As an onlooker that's how it looks though!:hilarious:

Ghostbusters had so much potential and they just blew it. The Cast was better than most people gave credit, but the screenwriters are who had a date with disaster. They also erased the franchise's history which would be like Star Wars TFA erasing the original trilogy:cry:. :p

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I forgot about 9 he was an interesting Dr
I loved Nine.

Loved loved loved loved him. I haven't watched the show in awhile, but I so enjoyed how much hope he had despite all of his despair.
Didn't know that part of the series. Thanks for informing me! As an onlooker that's how it looks though!:hilarious:
One:
6a01348361f24a970c017d4061b4c3970c-320wi

Two:
upload_2017-7-19_12-27-35.jpeg

Three:
Third_Doctor_%28Doctor_Who%29.jpg

Four:
Fourth_Doctor_%28Doctor_Who%29.jpg

Five:
7d3ce9be26403eef39ef35461803a863.jpg

Six:
dw_-_sixth_doctor_5773.jpg

Seven:
sylvester_mccoy.jpg

Eight:
8th-doc.jpg

War (.... so, 8.5... this was a weird thing, I still don't really remember why it existed other than to feed Moffat's ego):
War-Doctor-Audio.jpg

Nine:
latest
:inlove:
Ten:
DoctorHeadScratch__80809_zoom.jpg
Eleven:
Time-of-Angels-Screencaps-the-eleventh-doctor-12233519-500-281.jpg

Twelve:
6c29a5e3bbc3b64e6a5a0083613c4bc4.jpg

Thirteen:
IMG_5598-672x372.jpg
(her show outfit is still TBA)

So, the Doctor can look like anyone, really. When they're dying, the regenerate and become someone new. While they retain their memories, they gain new quirks, personality traits, and fashion styles.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

I loved Nine.

Loved loved loved loved him. I haven't watched the show in awhile, but I so enjoyed how much hope he had despite all of his despair.

One:
6a01348361f24a970c017d4061b4c3970c-320wi

Two: View attachment 216342
Three:
Third_Doctor_%28Doctor_Who%29.jpg

Four:
Fourth_Doctor_%28Doctor_Who%29.jpg

Five:
7d3ce9be26403eef39ef35461803a863.jpg

Six:
dw_-_sixth_doctor_5773.jpg

Seven:
sylvester_mccoy.jpg

Eight:
8th-doc.jpg

War (.... so, 8.5... this was a weird thing, I still don't really remember why it existed other than to feed Moffat's ego):
War-Doctor-Audio.jpg

Nine:
latest
Ten:
DoctorHeadScratch__80809_zoom.jpg
Eleven:
Time-of-Angels-Screencaps-the-eleventh-doctor-12233519-500-281.jpg

Twelve:
6c29a5e3bbc3b64e6a5a0083613c4bc4.jpg

Thirteen:
IMG_5598-672x372.jpg
(her show outfit is still TBA)

So, the Doctor can look like anyone, really. When they're dying, the regenerate and become someone new. While they retain their memories, they gain new quirks, personality traits, and fashion styles.
Oh, then it can be a different gender then. Why the hate from fans? I'm just an onlooker.:p

Jahona

Oh, then it can be a different gender then. Why the hate from fans? I'm just an onlooker.:p

Of the friends I know that are fans of the show they just aren't big fans of the actress, or others just don't like change from what they are used to. I'm honestly indifferent on it and am looking forward to where a female Doctor takes the series.

The_Jobu

I just don't like character swaps (in either direction) and I will continue to sulk about this (not that anyone shall care).

I would have rather "the Doctor" got trapped in a vortex for a season or 2 and some other Time Lady took over for a bit. I'd have no problem with that. I just can't stand swaps for the sake of swapping.

You can all proceed to flame me now if you wish. :)

The_Jobu

I was asking you. Sorry, should have been clearer.

No problem, just use the "reply" button on the post you are addressing in the future instead of just making a new post. Keeps everything organized.

I was ok with the actress, I just dont think the Master should gender swap. There are a few Time Ladies from the show's past they could have brought in to antagonize the Doctor, if they wanted one they could have done that easily.

Also, the Doctor and the Master should never kiss. Ever.

But that's me.

Matt_Black

No, that's creating a strawman.

No, THIS is creating a strawman.

296b03c167b08e75b053e3fd3f038ae9--scarecrow-ideas-scare-crow.jpg

What I am talking about is a very real phenomenon where any time a white male character MIGHT not be a white male character, some fans lose their minds, like when Donald Glover wanted to play Spider-Man. "If we let a black actor play Peter Parker, then why not get a white actor to play Martin Luther King Junior or Malcolm X?!?" Yes, that was an actual comment I saw at the time.

The_Jobu

No, THIS is creating a strawman.

296b03c167b08e75b053e3fd3f038ae9--scarecrow-ideas-scare-crow.jpg

What I am talking about is a very real phenomenon where any time a white male character MIGHT not be a white male character, some fans lose their minds, like when Donald Glover wanted to play Spider-Man. "If we let a black actor play Peter Parker, then why not get a white actor to play Martin Luther King Junior or Malcolm X?!?" Yes, that was an actual comment I saw at the time.

Lots of people say stupid things, doesn't mean much as it all evens out. Lots of people get upset when characters are white washed too. It's pretty undeniable which way Who and the BBC in general have been leaning. People are upset for a reason, it's better to understand why they're upset than to just say they're wrong.

Matt_Black

Lots of people say stupid things, doesn't mean much as it all evens out. Lots of people get upset when characters are white washed too. It's pretty undeniable which way Who and the BBC in general have been leaning. People are upset for a reason, it's better to understand why they're upset than to just say they're wrong.

I do understand why they're upset. And that's PRECISELY why I'm saying they're wrong.

The_Jobu

I do understand why they're upset.

I find that doubtful with all the exaggerations.

No one's "right", it's all opinions about a character that means different things to different people. The ratings will ultimately decide if it's a poor decision or not.

Matt_Black

I find that doubtful with all the exaggerations.

No one's "right", it's all opinions about a character that means different things to different people. The ratings will ultimately decide if it's a poor decision or not.

When you're opinion is "The Doctor can change his physical form all the time, but it must ALWAYS be a white man", I feel pretty confident in saying it's not right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom