What little things that WDW used to do/have do you miss?

Cado603

Common decency and courtesy for your fellow park goers. You are not the most important person there; everyone who goes there is.

It's hard for WDW or Disney to corral bad behavior among guests. By bad behavior, I mean lack of manners. I posted about some run ins I had with my wife and an "inquisitive" child and I felt bad having to be such an a$$ to his father, but it left me no choice. We are going back in November with my niece (she's never been, 13th birthday gift) and I'm already building up my ire to deal with people who will spare no personal decency to get "their" experience.

I hate to say this, but I sometimes wish it were more expensive to go. I wonder if that would rule out the uptick of classlessness that comes from the rank and file in the park these days.
How about the CM. I remember when they used to interact with you and actually smile and wave and were in Character especially at Tower of Terror , instead of talking to their fellow CM and totally ignoring you.

clarabellej

I'm not creating this thread to bash the current state of WDW, but there are a lot of things that used to be done that have been stopped or cut for various reasons. I'm just curious what some people miss.

Something for me was the little Mickey Mouse shaped butter at the restaurant in the castle and the after dinner mints that most sit down restaurants used to give out at the end of the meal.
I know these are fairly recent, but miss the Main Street Electrical Parade & Wishes! Glad we got to see Wishes for last time in March. Also, did not love that Mickey & Minnie's Country homes went away. I may have already commented on that. Little kids were endlessly fascinated by them. Couldn't they have just been moved? Miss alcohol free. Especially in Epcot, where drinking around the world is the norm now. It shows late at night. Definitely do not feel comfortable letting older kids roam on their own. Larger cups of ice water. Morning Show at front of MK. Mr. Toad & Snow White rides

wannabeBelle

They will be at an Celtic fair in East Lake OH this weekend. There is a facebook page for followers of them too. They did a new album and appear at differnt fairs in summer and sometimes over at Universal.
I know. I am unable to make it out there but I know a few of the fans are going, including one of my close friends. As far as the new album, They did and it is pretty awesome!! I gave to the Kickstarter to help fund the making of the CD and attended the release party in Florida. It was a great show and we had a beer and pizza party with the band and their families after the show. It was a great night!! I know a member here @Cliff had posted some of the videos he took of the show which were incredible. Cliff would you re-post them here if you can? Marie

Bella

I miss Toontown Fair. It was like living in a cartoon and walking through the houses. I miss the cable gondolas that used to take you across the MK, I will dearly miss The Great Movie Ride, I miss the water tower with Mickey ears, the Back Lot Tours in what used to be MGM, the word Epcot and wand on Spaceship Earth, the fountains at the entrance of Epcot, the sweet potato pancakes at Disney's Dixie Landings, which is now Disney's Port Orleans Resort Riverside. I miss the perks that were promised when we purchased our DVC that were later taken away (free valet parking, discount on merchandise, etc.). Please allow me to add that the addition of the carnival in MK is a horror! It cheapens Disney so badly I can't even put it into words.

Clover Bailey

McDonald's at the Magic Kingdom. I know there is a giant on-site McDonald's but it's in a very remote place near the entrance to WDW. It's only convenient if your staying at the All Star Resorts.

mf1972

i miss the main street bakery
i miss having napkins with the disney logo on them
i miss the virgin music store & pleasure island
i miss the previous version of SSE with jeremy irons as the narator
i miss being able to grab a table at the tomorrowland terrace to watch the fireworks before it became a dessert party
i miss the world showcase players
i miss parades in the parks
i miss seabase alpha before it became the nemo ride

WED Purist

I miss the old fastpass system and machines. We knew how to game the system. All of our park tickets went to the one person in our group who didn't want to go on a certain ride. While we went on that ride, they got everyone fastpasses for a different ride using the tickets. Used to be able to do MK in a day that way. We joke now that we are the reason they changed to fastpass+
This is what broke the magic.

WED Purist

I miss life before fastpasses, creativity, leather buckles on stagecoaches, Tony Baxter, walkup lines, freedom in Imagineering, ideas instead of IPs, the influence of John Hench and Mary Blair and Rolly Crump, <$10 t-shirts, benches, dark rides, trees, Cast Members who played the part, blue sky, Bill Evans, Scoop, songs written by actual Legends, the vision of E-P-C-O-T, "quality will out", the reason we built all of this stuff...

GoofyCathy

I miss the nighttime parade
I miss seeing all the topiaries on the shores of the seven seas lagoon
I miss the parks staying open until midnight all summer
I miss getting a reservation at Ohana with ease
I miss riding in the front of the monorail
I miss Liberty tree character dinner
I miss exiting POTC and playing with all the guns in the gift shop before Disney became so PC
I miss the Brazilian tour groups. NOT!!!!!

Topiaries at MK!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom