Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Maeryk

The goal isn't to get the kid on the ride. The goal is to have the kid enjoy it.

And want to reride it repeatedly.

The swinging cars on 7dmt allow them to get a lot more motion and dynamics out of a much smaller ride (height and turn radius/speed) than having to do it the old fashioned way (Fixed car on trick track). It's ingenious in that it packs real coaster dynamics into basically a wild mouse sized foodprint.

BenJacobs

Nobody is talking about other things that are likely to happen to Epcot...

The concept art showed loads of new buildings scattered around, and what looks like a rainforest area.

There may be a Coco ride.

Inside Out may take over the Imagination Pavilion.

A possible UK ride.

EricsBiscuit

Still hoping for something to replace this:

I can't believe I found this map! I always take a park map every trip just for posterity!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 456

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Nobody is talking about other things that are likely to happen to Epcot...

The concept art showed loads of new buildings scattered around, and what looks like a rainforest area.

There may be a Coco ride.

Inside Out may take over the Imagination Pavilion.

A possible UK ride.

The concept art is very blue sky, not much point in trying to read into it. Changes to Imagination are have been said to be quite a ways off.

n2hifi

Blue Sky or not I was studying it with much dread. Being one who would prefer my favorite park return to the splendor of the original 82 EPCOT, I was surprised that it kind of excited me. I could almost see themed areas instead of individual buildings. A space 'land', a water 'land' (contradiction?), etc. I guess World Showcase would be a land 'land'. That did not come across near as succinctly as I wanted. Anyway, if we have to deal with IP in the park and the current leadership at least this is a little exciting.

kadybat

What's that hand-drawn picture from? That looks awfully... interesting.

That's Project: GEMINI, the late-90s plan to invigorate Future World by renaming it to Discoveryland and retheming the whole place. Much of it was implemented already! Mission: SPACE was Gemini's first phase. The Living Seas was infused with IP (Nemo made the cut instead of the planned Mermaid), Wonders of Life's attractions were gutted and the pavilion became doomed as a "future expansion area", and of course Soarin' Around the World exists. However, a large chunk of it (the Time Racers roller coaster inside SSE, the rainforest area with the family roller coaster and hedge maze, Jr. Autopia added to the Transportation pavilion, all sorts of Innoventions changes, a retheme of Seabase Alpha, etc.) was left unbuilt due to budget cuts.

A good idea never dies at Disney, as we all know. That concept art we got at D23 may point to some of those Gemini ideas (namely the rainforest area) finally becoming reality. Perhaps it won't be called Future World on the other side of all this stuff. Who knows?

Amidala

This is really interesting...not sure how I feel about Epcot losing its futuristic feel entirely (Spaceship Earth is very conducive to it), but maybe a Future World "hub" could branch off to different areas? I'm assuming this doesn't check out location-wise, but a rainforest area and attraction could also easily be absorbed into The Land.

BenJacobs

IMG_0175.jpg

Unrelated to the current conversation, but if you look at this picture, what we thought might have been a shop or restaurant or cafe where you can go on the roof bit(with a gradual incline) I think might be a dolphin show(or something similar).

There are dolphins in the Seas pavilion, you don't really see them though, maybe this is a show for them. The stairs into the pool bit caught my interest(someone must go in), and the glass surrounding the upper area(to stop people getting in, if it were just a pond bit, they would have a lower rail, and seats on the upper bit to eat whatever you would have bought in the cafe), it's big enough to do a show(big enough pool, enough viewing area, on two floors).

So there you go.

Last edited:

The Visionary Soul

View attachment 221538
Unrelated to the current conversation, but if you look at this picture, what we thought might have been a shop or restaurant or cafe where you can go on the roof bit(with a gradual incline) I think might be a dolphin show(or something similar.

There are dolphins in the Seas pavilion, you don't really see them though, maybe this is a show for them. The stairs into the pool bit caught my interest(someone must go in), and the glass surrounding the upper area(to stop people getting in, if it were just a pond bit, they would have a lower rail, and seats on the upper bit to eat whatever you would have bought in the cafe), it's big enough to do a show(big enough pool, enough viewing area, on two floors).

So there you go.
It's not a dolphin show. Way too far from The Seas. Also too small. But it does look like a pool. Maybe for Rainforest animals?

GCTales

It's not a dolphin show. Way too far from The Seas. Also too small. But it does look like a pool. Maybe for Rainforest animals?
Since the Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon is gone... may this be a possibility for a similar experience?

They have the scuba and snorkel experience at the main aquarium in the Seas... Possibly expanding?

Not sure how busy those are or if there is demand for more capability.

montyz81

View attachment 221538
Unrelated to the current conversation, but if you look at this picture, what we thought might have been a shop or restaurant or cafe where you can go on the roof bit(with a gradual incline) I think might be a dolphin show(or something similar).

So there you go.
Looks like an outdoor above ground pool with a deck hanging over it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom