Best Packing Tips!

Doc Disney

someone may have said this already but we always bring an outlet expander (I just made that name up I actually can't remember what they are called but the things you plug in so you get 3 or more plugs instead of one) this works really well since we always have so much stuff to charge (cameras, phones, iPads, iPods, etc)

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
I started this thread so long ago but I wanted to bump it because I LOOOVE learning everyone's packing style and any tips you have!

My new thing is to only bring a carry on, so I wear athleisure wear at Disney and bring a few dresses for dinners so I roll every outfit now and it saves so much space.
My constant predicament however is packing my toiletries. I have begun to just buy some things at Publix so I don't have to pack them or worry about leakage like a travel shaving cream for DH and I to share, small toothpastes, and more.

Weather_Lady

Another tip we've picked up (apologies if it's a repeat): when staying in a room that lacks dresser drawer storage space (e.g., rooms and studios with fold-down Murphy beds), I bring a set of collapsible closet organizer shelves (like the ones pictured below) to hang in the closet/vanity area, so I have a place to store all the things I'd have put in the drawers -- the kids' packing cubes, swimwear, socks/underwear.

6+Shelf+Bamboo+Hanging+Organizer.jpg

DiSnEyF@n

Another tip we've picked up (apologies if it's a repeat): when staying in a room that lacks dresser drawer storage space (e.g., rooms and studios with fold-down Murphy beds), I bring a set of collapsible closet organizer shelves (like the ones pictured below) to hang in the closet/vanity area, so I have a place to store all the things I'd have put in the drawers -- the kids' packing cubes, swimwear, socks/underwear.

6+Shelf+Bamboo+Hanging+Organizer.jpg
I really like this idea

Minnie1986

someone may have said this already but we always bring an outlet expander (I just made that name up I actually can't remember what they are called but the things you plug in so you get 3 or more plugs instead of one) this works really well since we always have so much stuff to charge (cameras, phones, iPads, iPods, etc)
I love that I'm reading this while in Walmart. Thanks for the tip!

thomas998

Though we haven't had to do this for quite some time since the kids got bigger... but when you need a stroller, don't bring one from one from home because they can be a pain and expensive to transport depending on the airline. And while you can rent one from Disney, the reality is unless it is only 2 days or less you are better off buying a new stroller in Walmart and then dumping it when you leave. Will save you money and space.

DisneyDayDreamer

I make my own ears (no expensive ones in the park) and customize a reusable water bottle. I would suggest packing a reusable water bottle to forgo spending a bunch on bottled water. My other packing tip is to separate your clothes by day. After shopping and collecting bags our room often looks like something exploded in it, but organizing our clothes lets us find what we want to wear that day. Lastly, bring an extra pair of socks, if you're wearing tennis shoes, with you in your bag incase your feet get wet in rain, a water ride, or too much sweat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom