Disneyland Madrid Resort 1985 - Vol. II

Suchomimus

Thomas was a great show
I agree. I especially loved the most of the models and episodes before Season 8. Man, you can never beat the faces of the older seasons.
dcb.jpg

Suchomimus

Wait...what if this theme park was based on Classic European Rock music from the 60s/70s/80s?

Something completely different than a Magic Kingdom style theme park. Just a classic music based theme park. Doesn't even have to tie in with Disney could just be something akin to a small European theme park, or something like Dollywood in the US.

@MonorailRed -- thoughts?:geek:
How can you make a theme park based on just Classic European Rock music from the 60s-80s? Wouldn't you get more out of making a theme park about various types of music like for jazz; you could have a 1920/30s New Orleans zone or something similar?

kmbmw777

Wait...what if this theme park was based on Classic European Rock music from the 60s/70s/80s?

Something completely different than a Magic Kingdom style theme park. Just a classic music based theme park. Doesn't even have to tie in with Disney could just be something akin to a small European theme park, or something like Dollywood in the US.

@MonorailRed -- thoughts?:geek:
Having been to Dollywood, its so loosely based off the music that its not based off the music. The park was basically a large Frontierland (my dad's words)

mickeyfan5534

I have a few ideas for this that have popped up.:bookworm:

I know originally this resort was planned for Spain, but what if instead we simply redo Disneyland Paris (similar to WDW1966 where we redid WDW from scratch) -- could that work?
Disneyland Paris as it is was pretty much the perfect park. But if we can draw out the Club 32 main players, let's do it!

mickeyfan5534

Haven't been but will take your word for it ha. Did you go to Walt Disney Studios though? I think that one at least could use some work.
Walt Disney Studios Paris is the worst Disney Park in the world. That said, Mickey and the Magician is one of the resort's crown jewels alongside Ratatouille, most of Disney Stars on Parade, and the entire Le Chateau au Belle a Bois Dormant experience (exterior + interior + dragon).

mickeyfan5534

I could gush for days about Mickey and the Magician. It's so well paced, hits all the emotional notes it needs to, feels so cohesive, and you genuinely feel uplifted during the show. Each segment also fits the IP chosen.
Cinderella - Find the magic you seek within
Beauty and the Beast - The Magic of Love
The Lion King - Magic will take you anywhere
Aladdin - Magic is about making friends and showing them a good time
Frozen - Magic lives in us all
Finale - Let your magic shine
It's so beautifully well done and the Beauty and the Beast and Circle of Life segments really pack this one-two punch of emotion. Beauty and the Beast is already so beautiful in French but it's something else seeing the candles brought out and the full choir singing while Belle (in what has to be the best rendition of the gold gown since Disney Dreams on the cruises) and Beast dance. And then you have Circle of Life which they almost essentially took the best parts of the Broadway version (call and response opening, the puppets flooding the theatre) and those two happen with very little between to catch your breath. And they don't let the effects and illusion override the plot. If you took a segment out or changed it, the show would feel like it was missing something. If you added a segment, it would feel extraneous. It's the type of show that really should come to Tokyo when they get that fancy new theatre in Fantasyland and come to Disney World when Beauty and the Beast or Voyage of the Little Mermaid finally close.

Daveeeeed

Disneyland Paris is here to stay, and while it is cool to see what could have been, I really love the idea of fixing the resort realistically, and with proper IP insertion. Like others have said, Walt Disney Studios does indeed suck aesthetically, but it's ride line-up is on par with HWS pre-destruction.

What really works at Disneyland Parc Paris are how beautifully crafted every corner is, from the main street arcades to Pirates of The Caribbean looming through the trees. Even smooth transitions from Adventureland's POTC to Fantasyland's pirate themed Peter Pan make it a stellar park.

The main issue with the resort is #1 it is not a tourist destination in itself meaning you have to do something else with it, while Disney World is not that way and stands well on its own, so it makes it difficult to justify going every year when you live in London, so the option is to also go to Paris, but as much fun as it is to visit every few years, it's not something you would want to do super often as Europe has sooo much to offer. The centrally located idea never worked and never will as there are far too many between Six Flags and Disney quality parks in Germany, and the fact that there is so much competition.

How can Paris become a destination

And believe it or not, weather sucks at Disney World too. Try going in mid-June, it sucks more than it's enjoyable. That being said Spain is still a far superior option for winter vacations. (It's cold in France, Germany, Switzerland, etc. so why would you want to go there in the winter?) Disneyland Paris needs that Winter potential more than anything. Why not a heavily indoor theme park, or an indoor mega water park. That would bring the amount of days stayed to far longer. Perhaps Walt Disney Studios could open an aquarium (similar to the Seas), and a Wharf area similar to Paradise Pier. It would be very unique to Europe and would offer more indoor areas to the resort. Fixing the problems is what Walt Disney Studios somehow made worse, so it can be done to fix them.

Anaheim on the other hand has basically perfect weather all year, but that will not be achieved in Paris so coping is the only option. It baffles me how Disneyland Paris did not open with a Polynesian Resort style resort like in Orlando or the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim.

Disneyland Paris is also overbuilt, way too many rooms for basically 1.25 Disney parks outside of a city with a trillion rooms. Walt Disney Studios is the main way the resort can turn back to tip top shape.

@spacemt354 I love your music idea. Thoughts about making a new land there themed to music? There could be a new emphasis on areas of entertainment: music, production, movies, actual Hollywood, etc.

Perhaps even two "worlds" like Epcot could work just on a much smaller scale.

Poe Dameron

Disneyland Paris is here to stay, and while it is cool to see what could have been, I really love the idea of fixing the resort realistically, and with proper IP insertion. Like others have said, Walt Disney Studios does indeed suck aesthetically, but it's ride line-up is on par with HWS pre-destruction.

What really works at Disneyland Parc Paris are how beautifully crafted every corner is, from the main street arcades to Pirates of The Caribbean looming through the trees. Even smooth transitions from Adventureland's POTC to Fantasyland's pirate themed Peter Pan make it a stellar park.

The main issue with the resort is #1 it is not a tourist destination in itself meaning you have to do something else with it, while Disney World is not that way and stands well on its own, so it makes it difficult to justify going every year when you live in London, so the option is to also go to Paris, but as much fun as it is to visit every few years, it's not something you would want to do super often as Europe has sooo much to offer. The centrally located idea never worked and never will as there are far too many between Six Flags and Disney quality parks in Germany, and the fact that there is so much competition.

How can Paris become a destination

And believe it or not, weather sucks at Disney World too. Try going in mid-June, it sucks more than it's enjoyable. That being said Spain is still a far superior option for winter vacations. (It's cold in France, Germany, Switzerland, etc. so why would you want to go there in the winter?) Disneyland Paris needs that Winter potential more than anything. Why not a heavily indoor theme park, or an indoor mega water park. That would bring the amount of days stayed to far longer. Perhaps Walt Disney Studios could open an aquarium (similar to the Seas), and a Wharf area similar to Paradise Pier. It would be very unique to Europe and would offer more indoor areas to the resort. Fixing the problems is what Walt Disney Studios somehow made worse, so it can be done to fix them.

Anaheim on the other hand has basically perfect weather all year, but that will not be achieved in Paris so coping is the only option. It baffles me how Disneyland Paris did not open with a Polynesian Resort style resort like in Orlando or the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim.

Disneyland Paris is also overbuilt, way too many rooms for basically 1.25 Disney parks outside of a city with a trillion rooms. Walt Disney Studios is the main way the resort can turn back to tip top shape.

@spacemt354 I love your music idea. Thoughts about making a new land there themed to music? There could be a new emphasis on areas of entertainment: music, production, movies, actual Hollywood, etc.

Perhaps even two "worlds" like Epcot could work just on a much smaller scale.
This idea is wonderful!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom