Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@LAKid53 - I kind of understood that @surfsupdon has put aside the DLP half for the one in Disneyland. He clearly won't have as much fun (because I won't be at the end of the pack :joyfull:) but we should respect his choice (even if it was not the right one ;)). Too bad to, as i would have been happy to give him advice. As for me, I'm getting closer and closer to committing to the WDW half in January ...

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@LAKid53 - I kind of understood that @surfsupdon has put aside the DLP half for the one in Disneyland. He clearly won't have as much fun (because I won't be at the end of the pack :joyfull:) but we should respect his choice (even if it was not the right one ;)). Too bad to, as i would have been happy to give him advice. As for me, I'm getting closer and closer to committing to the WDW half in January ...

Oh, you're right, I forgot! They must have removed some of my brain when they replaced the lens in my eye - it was rather psychedelic, thanks to the valium IV, lol.

This means you'll have to run the 2018 DLP, so you can get the Castle to Chateau medal. I'm still waiting for the registration to open for the Light Side....

LAKid53

Premium Member
So LA has made an agreement with Olympic officials to host the 2028 Summer games! This leaves the path open for Paris to host in 2024. So Olympics a month before DLP Half? Nightmare.....

:eek:

No @Swissmiss, I won't be running the DLP Half in 2024..... ;)

RunningKoen

So LA has made an agreement with Olympic officials to host the 2028 Summer games! This leaves the path open for Paris to host in 2024. So Olympics a month before DLP Half? Nightmare.....

:eek:

No @Swissmiss, I won't be running the DLP Half in 2024..... ;)

If there's still a DLP half in 2024, people need to run it to keep their legacy status! :rolleyes: #goals

Hi all! I'm new here and extremely interested in anything runDisney related; did the WDW marathon this year and DLP half previous year.

Right now, I wanna know what you guys did with the t-shirts. It's hard to ask on Dutch boards (where I'm from) because only a few of us run at WDW or DL.

I have a 'M" sized race shirt from the DLP half 2016 that barely fits me (it was already quite tight fitted and gained a bit). The shirt I had for the WDW marathon is a 'S' (had to exchange that one at the expo because the M was way oversized) and even the 'S' is still too large for me.

The people at the WDW expo were quite friendly: we had fun finding the right size. Turns out the 'XS' shirt of female had a good fit, but we all agreed the neckline didnt suit me well enough ;-) Mens 'S' was the smallest size they had, so thats what I have.

Long story short; what size did you order, because the American and European/French sizing system obviously don't correspond very well.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Welcome aboard! Congrats on your Disney miles. This is a great forum for running and not just rD events.

Race shirts....if only manufacturers would be consistent in sizing.... And no, the two sizing systems don't correspond at all - I found that out in the UK when shopping for sandles. I can't remember if during the registration process they included a sizing chart for both US and Europe. But you could probably find something on the web. Some charts I've found will have a bust/chest and waist range in inches for each size. Those would be the most helpful.

The performance shirts for the distance races (10k and up) are somewhat fitted. I don't like a tight fitting running shirt, so I've learned to order mine a bit bigger - I go for a women's large. The shirts for the 5k races are unisex (i.e., big and boxy) - those I order a medium. My problem is the material they are made from (a heavier weight cotton), so I've found a lighter weight shirt at the Expo to run in.

If you preorder the jacket, I'd recommend going up at least one size. The jackets are snug fitting, i.e., tight.

Do you plan on running in any more rD races? If you do the DLP Half again this year, you'll get the Castle to Chateau medal. It's all about the bling... ;)

Make sure you get @Texas84 to add Disney miles to the How Many Disney Miles thread. The threads for the individual races usually remain quiet until registration time or close to race time. Make sure to post your results from your next race in that particular race's thread. Those of us who aren't that fast will be envious....

Hope to see you at a race in the future!

RunningKoen

Thanks for the warm welcome!

The struggle with shirt sizes is indeed because I'm already working towards my next rD race, the DLP weekend. 5, 10 and 21K and both challenges. More bling than I could wear ;-)

There was a size chart when filling in your runners form, but once completed, you can't change it, or see that chart again.
Based on the chart, they sized up their shirts a bit.
I already asked the runDisney Paris people if you can exchange shirts at the expo.

And indeed, last year, the 5K was heavy cotton while the 21K shirt was made of quite nice workout material and fitted me perfectly with that slight fitted model. I ran the half marathon in it, cant complain at all.

The print however irritates my skin now thats fitting quite small. I will get 4 shirts this year, 3 might be really nice and good workout material, so the size is somewhat worrying me.
As is the customer service from the Paris part of runDisney, but don't get me started on that. Other runners for the DLP weekend will know the struggle.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@RunningKoen - welcome! The goal of this particular thread is to convince @LAKid53 to come over and run the DLP half so that she can get some more bling with the Castle to Chateau challenge :joyfull::rolleyes::joyfull:

As for shirt size, normally US sizes run a bit large, so you'd order one size smaller for US runDisney races than you would for the DLP race (my comment assumes that sizing is consistent between France and the Netherlands, which in fact may not be the case). But, using this as a guideline, you should be able to figure out your size if you know what works for one of the two.

RunningKoen

Well, I'm already (secretely) hoping and working for the legacy status on the DLP half, I like it so much.
It was my first rD event and the entire booking for my WDW marathon relied on that weekend (Booked and deposited, but could still cancel).

Not only was it my first half marathon ever (in a rather flawless run and time) but everything was so perfect, I was directly hooked onto runDisney, and so I ran the marathon in January.

Compared to the states, there are some big pro's why you should do DLP half. First of all: it's so exclusive. This race weekend is there once a year, and it starts later. Crewmembers are extremely happy and cheering, because last year, it never happened that people run through DLP. I heared 'Allez Allez' all the time, and a lot of runners liked the CM, stopped at random places to take photos with the CM and therefore making the atmosphere even better.

Second, the route is breathtaking; the long miles outside the parcs are taking you across some stunning french countrysides. I rarely run more than 15K or 10M and I was afraid I might get bored. I was back at the disney area before I knew it. Also, its a rather flat and broad course. I didnt noticed any bottle necks and it's quite okay to get a PR (if they measure the route decently this year ...)

And for some the most important: the medals for the DLP weekend are amazing. I love my WDW medal for the achievement and memories linked to it, but design wise the DLP medal from 2016 is so much better. Dont get me started on the 2017 medals :rolleyes:

Last: Castle to Chateau. The achievement into that is something you must do! And for american people: its a good excuse to visit Europe.
Previous year, there were a lot of americans for the C2C challenge and I a lot of fun meeting them.

@Swissmiss Knowing the Paris 'M' fitted rather small after gaining a bit, I ordered a M for the WDW marathon, because a slightly loose shirt is okay. It was more like a dress, even the 'S' sized shirt is too large for me, but it was the smallest they had for me. Also, while we're nitpicking; its a long sleeved shirt.

I saw a glimpse of the 2017 DLP shirts. Short sleeved, slightly fitted and lovely design. Another reason to run. Although it looked perfect at a staged photo and very okay on some backstage pics.

So, @LAKid53 , book your bib and tickets last minute. They are still for sale and you do not wanna miss this ^^

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
@RunningKoen - welcome! The goal of this particular thread is to convince @LAKid53 to come over and run the DLP half so that she can get some more bling with the Castle to Chateau challenge :joyfull::rolleyes::joyfull:

As for shirt size, normally US sizes run a bit large, so you'd order one size smaller for US runDisney races than you would for the DLP race (my comment assumes that sizing is consistent between France and the Netherlands, which in fact may not be the case). But, using this as a guideline, you should be able to figure out your size if you know what works for one of the two.

You keep saying that..... ;)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks for the warm welcome!

The struggle with shirt sizes is indeed because I'm already working towards my next rD race, the DLP weekend. 5, 10 and 21K and both challenges. More bling than I could wear ;-)

There was a size chart when filling in your runners form, but once completed, you can't change it, or see that chart again.
Based on the chart, they sized up their shirts a bit.
I already asked the runDisney Paris people if you can exchange shirts at the expo.

And indeed, last year, the 5K was heavy cotton while the 21K shirt was made of quite nice workout material and fitted me perfectly with that slight fitted model. I ran the half marathon in it, cant complain at all.

The print however irritates my skin now thats fitting quite small. I will get 4 shirts this year, 3 might be really nice and good workout material, so the size is somewhat worrying me.
As is the customer service from the Paris part of runDisney, but don't get me started on that. Other runners for the DLP weekend will know the struggle.

At this year's Star Wars Dark Side, there were two ladies standing behind me waiting for their photo after finishing the Half, with all their medals from both the Light Side and Dark Side, plus the Coast to Coast and Kessel Run medals- that's 10 medals. And they were wearing them! I noticed one also had the Castle to Chateau medal around her neck. I don't know how they stood upright - those medals are heavy and I can't imagine wearing 4, much less 10!

My son in law ran the Dark Side inaugural 10k with me last year - that race shirt has become one of his favorite workout shirts. The stacks of rD shirts in my closet are in danger of toppling over....

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Well, I'm already (secretely) hoping and working for the legacy status on the DLP half, I like it so much.
It was my first rD event and the entire booking for my WDW marathon relied on that weekend (Booked and deposited, but could still cancel).

Not only was it my first half marathon ever (in a rather flawless run and time) but everything was so perfect, I was directly hooked onto runDisney, and so I ran the marathon in January.

Compared to the states, there are some big pro's why you should do DLP half. First of all: it's so exclusive. This race weekend is there once a year, and it starts later. Crewmembers are extremely happy and cheering, because last year, it never happened that people run through DLP. I heared 'Allez Allez' all the time, and a lot of runners liked the CM, stopped at random places to take photos with the CM and therefore making the atmosphere even better.

Second, the route is breathtaking; the long miles outside the parcs are taking you across some stunning french countrysides. I rarely run more than 15K or 10M and I was afraid I might get bored. I was back at the disney area before I knew it. Also, its a rather flat and broad course. I didnt noticed any bottle necks and it's quite okay to get a PR (if they measure the route decently this year ...)

And for some the most important: the medals for the DLP weekend are amazing. I love my WDW medal for the achievement and memories linked to it, but design wise the DLP medal from 2016 is so much better. Dont get me started on the 2017 medals :rolleyes:

Last: Castle to Chateau. The achievement into that is something you must do! And for american people: its a good excuse to visit Europe.
Previous year, there were a lot of americans for the C2C challenge and I a lot of fun meeting them.

@Swissmiss Knowing the Paris 'M' fitted rather small after gaining a bit, I ordered a M for the WDW marathon, because a slightly loose shirt is okay. It was more like a dress, even the 'S' sized shirt is too large for me, but it was the smallest they had for me. Also, while we're nitpicking; its a long sleeved shirt.

I saw a glimpse of the 2017 DLP shirts. Short sleeved, slightly fitted and lovely design. Another reason to run. Although it looked perfect at a staged photo and very okay on some backstage pics.

So, @LAKid53 , book your bib and tickets last minute. They are still for sale and you do not wanna miss this ^^

If I do the DLP Half, it will be 2018. I've got vacation already planned for September. It's bad enough that after the Wine and Dine in November, I'll be training simultaneously for Light Side, Princess, and Dark Side...

I keep reminding @Swissmiss that I may be in grandmother mode next Fall...

RunningKoen

At this year's Star Wars Dark Side, there were two ladies standing behind me waiting for their photo after finishing the Half, with all their medals from both the Light Side and Dark Side, plus the Coast to Coast and Kessel Run medals- that's 10 medals. And they were wearing them! I noticed one also had the Castle to Chateau medal around het neck. I don't know how they stood upright - those medals are heavy and I can't imagine wearing 4, much less 10!

My son in law ran the Dark Side inaugural 10k with me last year - that race shirt has become one of his favorite workout shirts. The stacks of rD shirts in my closet are in danger of toppling over....

I can so relate to that!
From what I've seen on social media, american medals for races are in general big. Compared to the ones I have from dutch races, runDisney medals are insanely huge. I'll try to add pictures to compare it.

My favorite race in the Netherlands (finished the 15K 3 years in a row) has a new shirt sponsor. It changed from short to longsleeved and the design went downhill. the other 3 are still perfect, but I wont buy the 4th version.

View media item 4077View media item 4076

LAKid53

Premium Member
I can so relate to that!
From what I've seen on social media, american medals for races are in general big. Compared to the ones I have from dutch races, runDisney medals are insanely huge. I'll try to add pictures to compare it.

My favorite race in the Netherlands (finished the 15K 3 years in a row) has a new shirt sponsor. It changed from short to longsleeved and the design went downhill. the other 3 are still perfect, but I wont buy the 4th version.

View media item 4077View media item 4076

The medals from this year's Virtual 5k series are huge! Much bigger that last year's medals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom