WHERE Can We Do This Again? PTN taking a trip...

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
I adore the Viva Navidad show! That may be surprising coming from me as a WASP man who has an inferior ability to value family or culture like a Hispanic person could, according to Disney Parks blogger Sarah Domenech #DisneyFamilia. But I hope the Viva Navidad show sticks around for many years to come!

It's a show that could only be improved by having Charo and her guitar appear on the float during the week of Christmas.

Christmas at DCA far outshines Christmas at DL for me now. Viva Navidad is fantastic and Season of Light is just incredible. Couple that with all the atmo entertainment for Festival of Holidays and it feels much fresher and vibrant than DL, where Christmas entertainment hasn't been given a goose in SEVENTEEN YEARS.

jrhwdw

Christmas at DCA far outshines Christmas at DL for me now. Viva Navidad is fantastic and Season of Light is just incredible. Couple that with all the atmo entertainment for Festival of Holidays and it feels much fresher and vibrant than DL, where Christmas entertainment hasn't been given a goose in SEVENTEEN YEARS.
Believe is perfect for DL and I can't think of a good replacement for it. I am surprised DL hasn't attempted a new Christmas parade or made big changes to ACF. That's been around since 1995!

Kiwiduck

Although its disappointing to me that PTN wont be on during my visit this year the main thing I took from your announcement was that Viva Navidad would be. I love that parade so much, so you brought good news along with your bad news!

IMDREW

Had to change my visit to the day after spring break 2018. So Tuesday. I know it's too far out to tell, but does anyone know if previous nighttime parades ran during the week and specifically on the day after such a big holliday? For example, Fantasmic isn't playing the day after labour day this year, but the daytime parade is. PTN is one of the reasons for my visit and would hate to miss it by a day. Any thoughts would help!

brb1006

Believe is perfect for DL and I can't think of a good replacement for it. I am surprised DL hasn't attempted a new Christmas parade or made big changes to ACF. That's been around since 1995!
Same for the current WDW Christmas Parade that's also been running since the 90's.

Ismael Flores

As far as I know that is incorrect - I was told an 8/20 end date for PPP.
I'm hoping that these months of closure gives them some time to repaint the floats and fix the water features. Last time i saw the parade pass by the floats seemed very faded and it looks like they really don't use the water features on it anymore. I remember it having much more water when it premiered.

Last edited:

mikenatcity1

Had to change my visit to the day after spring break 2018. So Tuesday. I know it's too far out to tell, but does anyone know if previous nighttime parades ran during the week and specifically on the day after such a big holliday? For example, Fantasmic isn't playing the day after labour day this year, but the daytime parade is. PTN is one of the reasons for my visit and would hate to miss it by a day. Any thoughts would help!

As for Fantasmic and nighttime entertainment after Labor Day- in the off season, DL doesn't run much nighttime entertainment (fireworks, Fantasmic, sometimes parade) during the week (only Friday-Sunday). Sadly when we go in September (Wed-Fri) we won't see any of that because of the 2 halloween parties that week.

Ismael Flores

I adore the Viva Navidad show! That may be surprising coming from me as a WASP man who has an inferior ability to value family or culture like a Hispanic person could, according to Disney Parks blogger Sarah Domenech #DisneyFamilia. But I hope the Viva Navidad show sticks around for many years to come!

It's a show that could only be improved by having Charo and her guitar appear on the float during the week of Christmas.
It would be great if they expanded on the idea a bit more. I really enjoy the Viva Navidad show. Too bad they can't add a few more floats to it and make it so that it does a show then travels some more and stops near the Mermaid attraction and does the show again. The one corner area gets so packed because the show has become so popular

Ismael Flores

Now if only they would turn Grizzley area into a snow filled and festive place. I still think they can afford a few more snow machines that could be hidden in the Grizzley area and turn that into a nice little winterscape

VJ

Yeah - the nine year old depressing Pixar Play Parade ends at DCA on 8/20, and won't be in DL until early 2018 as well.
I can't wrap my head around why Disneyland management thinks this is a great idea. Kill the Play Parade and spend money (GASP! Unheard of!) on a new parade.

What's even happening to Soundsational?

VJ

but it's 5-4-3-2-FUN!
This reminds me of a funny story that I indirectly experienced over Skype (ah, the wonders of the future) with my friend while he was at Disneyland.

So he was at DCA, "streaming" the Play Parade over Skype while I was at home, and the parade ended. Suddenly one of the planters came alive with Mater's loop (the parade had been finished for a couple minutes by this point), Mater yelled "5-4-3-2-FUUUUU--" and it cut off.

We had a good laugh at how random and abrupt that was.

brb1006

I can't wrap my head around why Disneyland management thinks this is a great idea. Kill the Play Parade and spend money (GASP! Unheard of!) on a new parade.

What's even happening to Soundsational?
I remember when I first heard of Pixar Play Parade I thought it was going to be a parade that would only last for only one year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom