DLP must dos?

rufio

Original Poster
My husband and I will be spending 2.5 days at DLP in September and we're wondering what there is that we definitely need to do outside of rides. Are there any amazing restaurants in the parks and resorts? Is there anything like the dessert parties at WDW?

GiveMeTheMusic

My husband and I will be spending 2.5 days at DLP in September and we're wondering what there is that we definitely need to do outside of rides. Are there any amazing restaurants in the parks and resorts? Is there anything like the dessert parties at WDW?

Walt's on Main Street is unmissable. Nothing else really sticks out dining-wise, and most of the park's restaurants are borderline bad. No dessert parties, DLP hasn't yet stooped to WDW levels of upcharge buffoonery.

Make sure you take time to enjoy the wonderful walkthrough attractions in DLP. The Castle dragon's lair and galleries, the Aladdin walkthrough in Adventureland, the 20K walkthrough in Discoveryland, Adventure Isle and the Treehouse, etc.

peep

I agree about Walt's and the ratatouille restaurant. Blue Lagoon also used to be great but since that recently changed I can't vouch for that (should be trying it out in October though!). Be warned that all 3 are very expensive.

I don't think the fast food at the parks is that bad, the kebab at Hakuna Matata is actually really tasty.

Make sure you see Mickey and the Magician in the Studios park!

mickeyfan5534

Again, Walt's is phenomenal. The walkthroughs are great time fillers and so filled with detail. There's a blown glass shop in the castle that's cool to go into and watch them making glass sculptures.
Mickey and the Magician is probably the best show in any Disney park, so absolutely see it. If you're a softy like I am, you'll be a wreck by the end of it.
Illuminations is ok but nothing on the level of Happily Ever After. Disney Stars on Parade is wonderful and genuinely fun to watch with an earworm of a main theme. The Starlit Princess Waltz is a sweet little show that gives you little fuzzies.
If you're able to, make sure you explore Paris proper. It's the greatest city in the world and you'd regret to not go for at least a day.

RunningKoen

Lake Disney and Disney village are breathtaking and so close to the park.
Also, the view before entering through the disneyland hotel is stunning.

I like the Tower of Terror; it's better than the one in WDW i think.
The ratatouille ride is a really nice one, so put that on your list aswell.

Havent done the new star wars themed hyperspace mountain but that ride is also a big plus. Loved it, even though it broke down when I was one it and we had to walk out of the emergency exit. That ride cant be compared to the space mountain in WDW. As with the ToT, it's build more recent so quite updated from the original ones.

I had a great dinner at The Steakhouse last time btw, and the buffet at Cheyenne hotel was also good. Cant complain about the food I had while I was at DLP.

SMJS

I went this past July for 2 days. Mickey and the Magician was excellent. I loved it so that is a must do for me. Also like others have said the Dragon's lair under the castle is a must-see.

ColdSun

Most definitely the Dragon's Lair as it's unique in all Disney Parks.
Ratatouille is a must-do as well, as is Crush's Coaster in my opinion. Lines at Crush's tend to get crazy so do that first thing in the morning. There is a Fastpass available for Ratatouille, make sure you get that. Thunder Mountain is a must in any Disney Park, so do that as well ;).
Restaurant-wise I can also recommend Chez Remy (the Ratatouille Restaurant), make sure you reserve a table in advance! Blue Lagoon used to be excellent but as it has been pointed out already, it was recently re-done and seems to be more Jack Sparrow themed right now, so I wouldn't know if it still has the same cosiness to it.
My favourite DLP restaurant is called Cape cod and situated within the Newport Bay hotel (about 15 minutes walking from the parks). It has a lovely buffet and a nice view towards the lake.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The best food we had at DLP was at Walt's (although next to our table was a mouse trap), Bistro Chez Remy, and Earl of Sandwich. We found the counter service ranged from lack to terrible. Annette's in Downtown Disney was fairly decent. My husband and I liked the Buffalo Bill's Wild West show a lot too, the food was decent and the show was very entertaining. This show is unique to DLP as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom