The Great Movie Ride Projects/Announcements

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Scene 5 Mr Roboto
Here we are at Scene 5, and while film shooting is on schedule, there have been the inevitable script rewrites that always occur in productions this large. We had a few D23 surprises to thank for the changes, but all is not lost. The addition of the Tron Coaster, and some of your recent resort choices actually partially lead into our next film.

Released in 1999, this film is not what I would term an all-time great as some of our films on the ride this season might be considered. It was not technically groundbreaking either as part of its style was long in use overseas. What it did though was introduce most mainstream viewers to a fighting style and look they hadn't seen before, in spite of um, er a robotic actor or two.

This week, lets plug into, The Matrix.

So how many of you have seen the Matrix or any of its sequels? The acting is not always the best, but visually it is really a fun movie. As a fan of martial arts films, I'd been exposed to some of the fun and beauty of movement used with the fight sequences., and the matrix doesn't disappoint in those areas. The Wachowski's had what was a decent budget at the time and put it to good use. And of course left us with the age old question. Red pill or blue pill.

How great if we could plug ourselves into a Disney parks matrix?

Since we've already got a new E ticket coming to Tomorrowland, let's focus more on a D/C ticket type attraction. We know the speedway is staying (yeah) and getting retrofitted in some way, so now this land has an interesting space/tech/game grid vibe going on, which I am kind of warming up to.

To assist WDI, let's make some plans to help them along shall we? This week we'll be working with a finite footprint to organize things. Your challenge this week will be to create a new TL D/C ticket attraction that fits both the vibe and flow of the the future of the land.
(1) you will make full use of both the monsters inc and buzz light year attraction space as they both will be gone to give you plenty of space for queue, ride, etc
(2) very importantly make sure we can get a good snapshot of the ride from the peoplemover
(3) since we went with the assumption that SM Ride itself is gone thanks to WDW management, we'll keep that going. Obviously not using that building for this task but if you want to re-use any of that theme for your attraction it's fair game.

I think that's about it. No IP useage requirements or restrictions.

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Good evening Studios,
Coming with a bit of an announcement as we move into the home stretch of the Great Movie Ride. Due to some personal schedule changes with players we've decided to update the teams a little. I'm sad to say that some of the remaining members of Lucasfilm Ltd will be spread among our remaining Marvel and Pixar Studios. I am excited though to see how this adds even more to the teams brainstorming and projects. We have a couple of uber mega imagineeering teams now in full on Club 32 style.
Will be adding the Studio production personnel to your PMs as needed.

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Scene 5 DisneyDad Reviews
Wow, 3 very interesting and thought provoking Resort proposals this week. Went better than I could've imagined with the attraction tie-in requirement. I was honestly a little surprised too at the 3 attractions you chose, but they all had great potential. You all would've laughed if you could see the chat sessions. At several points I thought you all might pick the same attraction(s). There were discussions on several others like Jungle cruise that all sounded interesting. I think a Swiss Family Resort could've made for a pretty interesting pitch as well. And no one wanted to try and pull off a Wonderland Hotel? No matter what, I hope you all are proud of the work you did this week, as far as resort pitches go, I really thought they were outstanding.

Pixar Studios - PeopleLodger Resort
First off, kudos for picking what I think is a great attraction. I'm not 100% sold on the name, but I see what you did there and it kind of fits. One of the many great things about your pitch was not just that you took the attraction and integrated it into your resort, but you really integrated it into almost everything, or at least the idea of it. From check-in, to the tours, to the pool and right down to the sci-fi sushi restaurant. It was all about movement, flow, transport and I loved that. Nice way of setting up your pitch with the backstory/news conference and then letting that evolve into the building of the resort and it's purpose and even the guests stay. I wasn't totally on board with the check-in process. I like the idea of the private transport to your room via the peoplemover/golf carts, I just wasn't sure how realistic that might be, especially at busy arrival times. You did allow for wider hallways and elevators so you did plan for it, but also I believe all of the resorts are allowing online check-in now, so will be interesting to see how much that changes the check-in experience going forward. Such beautiful artwork of the proposed exterior of the resort. Thought you nailed what part of the prompt was as well as far as integrating the resort into the park so that guests had an easy in/out private experience that was all their own. You gave them the option of the private peoplemover that would flow into the attraction (why would you ever opt otherwise? :)) or the moving sidewalks. Now granted, Tomorrowland would need to up it's game for guests not to be let down leaving your resort and entering the park, but you nailed the convenience of entry. I liked that you kept the story of this season of the GMR going and assumed Space Mountain was still gone and you tried to use the extra space for another attraction to fit in with the resort. I won't critique the extra attraction much because I thought it was a cool idea, though I wasn't as sure about the tubes you referenced being overhead in TL. It seemed like there might be a little too much going on overhead, but liked the thought there. Fun entertainment planned all over the resort. I wasn't so sure about the Muppets exclusive entertainment and if you could keep the theater full enough with resort guests only, but again, fun idea. The TTA Adventure Voyages sounded very interesting. I don't know how easy it would be to pull that off, but if possible, would make for furthering the storyline of the guests stay which was cool. I would definitely like to try something like that out. Nice extra with the castmember outfits as well. You guys really tried to think of everything. I've felt bad on a few occasions with some of these pitches because they are so full of detail and bits of info that I hate to forget or leave anything out and for fear of not recognizing the great work that has gone into these. You all did a great job though of giving ample dining, a wide variety of different entertainment experiences (show, excursions, characters, etc.) and essentially everything that could make this a unique place to stay. Almost forgot about the pools. Did I mention the pools? Very neat areas. I think to sum up the PeopleLodger, it would be a very cool place to stay, convenient and was a great take on tying into the PeopleMover attraction itself.

Lucasfilm - It's A Small World Resort
I know Lucasfilm has been spread across the Marvel and Pixar cosmos, but I felt still deserved to be reviewed for the time put into arranging what was there for this proposal. Of the 3, I thought yours was maybe the most bold choice. It's an attraction that people probably have a love/hate relationship with mostly due to getting that song stuck in their heads, but it is a classic ride. I really liked where you started to go with this and the outdoor arrangement and the beautiful facades. You noted the railroad going through one of them so not sure what that would do for some room noise. Nice choice to start theming the different wings towards the different continents. There were some parts of the pitch you could see were still in progress and I know you all have lost a few members over the last couple of weeks. Would really love to see this idea expanded or reviewed further if you had a chance down the road as it could be something fun to work on. Looking forward to your contributions with Pixar and Marvel the next few weeks.

Marvel Studios - Progress City Resort
I feel again like this is going to be a little jumbled, but there is just so much to get to here. Another interesting choice in using both the COP and Epcot ideas and melding a bunch of things together. Great resort logo and gobs and gobs of original artwork. Hard not to get a good idea of how this will look with your personal visions put to paper. Really appreciate the time that all must have taken. So my initial gripe with the pitch would be the location. This would obviously be a MK resort in this instance, but doesn't necessarily have that extra benefit of private access to the park since guests would be sharing with any MK visitor. That being said, I loved the bold vision of encompassing the TTC and the Resort and entirely redoing that locale into something amazing. Funnily, I was torn on your parking lot transportation as I of course love the PeopleMover, but oddly enough I have a soft spot for the trams as well (it's a nostalgia, smell kind of thing). Again very cool how you incorporated the COP and Epcot designs with the TTC and having the underground drop off and parking, the really nice monorail and resort map loops layout. As with Pixar your resort itself I thought really embodied the attraction itself you used. You took that into account with the variety of your décor to represent each of the scenes on the carousel, down to dining, shopping, etc. So many amazing custom graphics it's hard to know where to begin or end. All of the menus were of course nicely done, the room layouts and major props for the resort TV screen shot with your resort on it. That is some next level thinking there. Did I say how much I wanted to hit up the soda shoppe? A very interesting take on the resort movie night with your fountain movies under the stars. I'm a big Fantasmic fan, so not sure how that could work at a resort level without special effects added to enhance the viewing, but an interesting idea. Your resort offered plenty of things to do and see, and like how you referenced the great view of the lakes it would have. As i'm finishing this up, I almost forgot to mention some of the many other extras and detail you had like the holiday overlays and pic, the super detailed pricing structure, did I say artwork? One of the best things I can probably say about your pitch as even with all of the detail in there, it did flow and was easily followed. I just had to absorb it all! Great job.

Thank you all again for the outstanding Resort pitches. I'm going to feel bad disappointing someone this week as the level of work you all put into these is pretty evident. I hope you all are proud of the end result of your weeks' work.
I'm hoping to have one more set of reviews for you all. If not though, I'll have results posted by tomorrow at the latest.

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
The Results Scene 4
Hotel California

Before we get started, a little mood music from our season soundtrack and the title track for week 4, Hotel California

Let's have the envelopes please.

For Best Set Design
and 20 points the award goes to (A new award this week to award resort integration and well set design)
Pixar Studios. I thought you hit a home run with your choice of attraction and location and how you meshed that with flow into TL giving guests a great perk, plus the amazing look of the exterior in your concept piece. As I noted in my review, I loved how you incorporated many facets of the resort as well based off your attraction

For Best Original Screenplay and 10 points the award goes to
Marvel Studios. Great detail. Thorough. Explained easily. Laid out nicely. Not sure what else I can add.

For Best Original Art Direction and 15 points the award goes to
Marvel Studios. I didn't count the number of original art pieces, but I know it was high and know there was a lot involved there. Plus you used a wide variety of art forms as well. Many great visuals.

For Best Picture (Best overall idea, presentation, visuals, write up, the whole kitchen sink) and 70 points for first, 40 for 2nd
Marvel Studios. This decision honestly pained me and why it's taken 2 days to provide results. So I apologize for that. You made it unbelievably hard by just being too damn good. I really feel bad actually picking a winner but I think in the end it just came down to the total scope of the pitches. Marvel I think you literally left no stone unturned aside from maybe the type of in-room toiletries. Or did you have that and I missed it?

Trailer Tuesday Results
Pixar Studios - 20 points (3 entries, 1 greenlit film tie)
Marvel Studios - 15 points (3 entries)

Points recap for Scene 4
Pixar Studios -
80 points (best picture 2nd, set design, 3 tt entries, 1tt winner)
Marvel Studios -
110 points (best picture winner, art direction, screenplay, 3 tt entries)

I literally had to read and re-read your pitches several times. I didn't want to miss anything. Thank you for the honor in reviewing them this week and making them part of this competition. That may sound hokie, but I thought what everyone did was really just tremendous.

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster

**********TRAILER TUESDAY*****

Scene 5 Mr Roboto

This weeks film, The Matrix, centers around a fairly non descript guy, plucked from his crappy job and cramped apartment and suddenly annointed the one. He will supposedly free mankind and as he learns, has quite the abilities inside the matrix. Oddly enough there is another film franchise, albeit a slightly bigger one, that has gone through its own periods of finding that one person. Someone who can bring a balance to the force, or knock it on its you know what.

It is high time we had a Lucasfilm Trailer Tuesday pitch! This week, your Trailer Tuesday challenge is to pitch a future standalone Star Wars story not already planned or in production. Based on some rumblings out there, they may be needing your ideas and help in a few years.

The proposed cast, style, characters/names, story, etc is entirely up to you, but obviously interesting enough to warrant possibly being green lit for production.
Similar to the 1 sentence competition, you can use 1-3 sentences to provide your pitch along with 1 stock or or original piece of artwork if you so choose.

A little different this week since your teams have grown, and the stakes are higher, a maximum of 4 entries per studio (1 per person) so if you are strapped for time this week helping your studio with the main project. This is a great way to pitch in and have a little fun with a topic.

5 points per entry will be awarded with one film proposal being selected to head to production and earning a 10 point bonus for their studio.

Please post all entries here in the project thread and include your studio name just to help keep things straight. Entries due by 8/3 midnight EST​

D Hulk

PIxar Studios Presents...

download

JEDI ASSASSIN
In the aftermath of the terrible Jedi Purge, the cynical Jedi survivor Sawa enters exile on the Outer Rim planet of Jelucan, a Himalaya-style tangle of mountains and forgotten temples, where he roams aimlessly as a masterless "ronin," without purpose, unallied to either the Light or Dark Side.

Sawa stumbles upon a lawless scavenger town, where the innocent number under a dozen, a town controlled by two dueling criminal factions, the local Hutt family and an AWOL squad of Imperial arms dealers, whom Sawa secretly pits against each other using his wiles and deception as he struggles against self-doubt to regain his honor and rescue the poor townsfolk.

Jedi Assassin takes inspiration from classic samurai cinema, much as A New Hope was influenced by The Hidden Fortress, using Kurosawa's masterful Yojimbo (famously remade as A Fistful of Dollars) as the basis for a contemplative, stripped down Star Wars saga which marries jidaigeki epics and dramatic, bittersweet westerns.

mickeyfan5534

Pixar Studios Presents...
latest

Ahsoka: Last of the Knights
Set in the time between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, Ahsoka follows the life and times of Tano Ahsoka as she survives as one of the last of the Jedi. Starring Ashley Erickson in one of her signature roles, the famous character is finally brought to life on the big screen for one of the greatest adventures in the Star Wars universe.

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster

**********TRAILER TUESDAY*****

Scene 5 Mr Roboto

This weeks film, The Matrix, centers around a fairly non descript guy, plucked from his crappy job and cramped apartment and suddenly annointed the one. He will supposedly free mankind and as he learns, has quite the abilities inside the matrix. Oddly enough there is another film franchise, albeit a slightly bigger one, that has gone through its own periods of finding that one person. Someone who can bring a balance to the force, or knock it on its you know what.

It is high time we had a Lucasfilm Trailer Tuesday pitch! This week, your Trailer Tuesday challenge is to pitch a future standalone Star Wars story not already planned or in production. Based on some rumblings out there, they may be needing your ideas and help in a few years.

The proposed cast, style, characters/names, story, etc is entirely up to you, but obviously interesting enough to warrant possibly being green lit for production.
Similar to the 1 sentence competition, you can use 1-3 sentences to provide your pitch along with 1 stock or or original piece of artwork if you so choose.

A little different this week since your teams have grown, and the stakes are higher, a maximum of 4 entries per studio (1 per person) so if you are strapped for time this week helping your studio with the main project. This is a great way to pitch in and have a little fun with a topic.

5 points per entry will be awarded with one film proposal being selected to head to production and earning a 10 point bonus for their studio.

Please post all entries here in the project thread and include your studio name just to help keep things straight. Entries due by 8/3 midnight EST​

Good evening imagineers,
Looks like you have about 7 parsecs left if you would like to get a TT entry in.

kmbmw777

51PPm65fqmL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Inferno Squad: A Star Wars Story is based on the book and video game of the same name and tells the story of the Empire's most elite squadron of soldiers who survived the fall. After witnessing the fall of the Death Star on Endor, they set out to maintain power while leading to the creation of the first order. Lando, a rebel general, is the villain.​

AceAstro

Marvel Studios Presents...
darth-maul-main.jpeg

A character to me that has so much more character development than we ever really get to see, Darth Maul. This solo film will be the origin story of Darth Maul leading all the way up to his fight in The Phantom Menace. This film will closely follow the 5-book comic book series that was released earlier this year telling the story how of how he hunts down crime lords to prove his worth to Darth Sidious.​

StevenU

Marvel Studios presents...
Darth Jar Jar: A Star Wars Story
databank_jarjarbinks_01_169_c70767ab.jpeg

Revealing the fan plot to be true, Jar Jar Binks is the sith lord who was overthrown by Palaptine. Granted a right hand seat with the Empire, it is shown that Jar Jar was doped into giving Palpatine emergency powers, only to be vanquished by Darth Vader. The movie is about Darth Vader's attack on Naboo and the Gungans, wiping them out of Star Wars history.

Suchomimus

Revealing the fan plot to be true, Jar Jar Binks is the sith lord who was overthrown by Palaptine. Granted a right hand seat with the Empire, it is shown that Jar Jar was doped into giving Palpatine emergency powers, only to be vanquished by Darth Vader. The movie is about Darth Vader's attack on Naboo and the Gungans, wiping them out of Star Wars history.
Is this the trailer for it?

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Since I love Star Wars, a few quick thoughts when I saw these entries the last few days. Will post official result tomorrow.

PIxar Studios Presents...

download

JEDI ASSASSIN
In the aftermath of the terrible Jedi Purge, the cynical Jedi survivor Sawa enters exile on the Outer Rim planet of Jelucan, a Himalaya-style tangle of mountains and forgotten temples, where he roams aimlessly as a masterless "ronin," without purpose, unallied to either the Light or Dark Side.

Sawa stumbles upon a lawless scavenger town, where the innocent number under a dozen, a town controlled by two dueling criminal factions, the local Hutt family and an AWOL squad of Imperial arms dealers, whom Sawa secretly pits against each other using his wiles and deception as he struggles against self-doubt to regain his honor and rescue the poor townsfolk.

Jedi Assassin takes inspiration from classic samurai cinema, much as A New Hope was influenced by The Hidden Fortress, using Kurosawa's masterful Yojimbo (famously remade as A Fistful of Dollars) as the basis for a contemplative, stripped down Star Wars saga which marries jidaigeki epics and dramatic, bittersweet westerns.
Cool name, and you used the prompt while referencing a cool locale, the Hutts and a genre from earlier in the GMR season.

Pixar Studios Presents...
latest

Ahsoka: Last of the Knights
Set in the time between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, Ahsoka follows the life and times of Tano Ahsoka as she survives as one of the last of the Jedi. Starring Ashley Erickson in one of her signature roles, the famous character is finally brought to life on the big screen for one of the greatest adventures in the Star Wars universe.
Big Ahsoka fan. Not sure how many more films in this time period they would do but even a small screen film would be cool.

title%2Bcard.jpg

Definitely the post style that best fit the SW saga. Very nice visual. Is that like 3.5 sentences though? :)

51PPm65fqmL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Inferno Squad: A Star Wars Story is based on the book and video game of the same name and tells the story of the Empire's most elite squadron of soldiers who survived the fall. After witnessing the fall of the Death Star on Endor, they set out to maintain power while leading to the creation of the first order. Lando, a rebel general, is the villain.​
I am so looking forward to this game. But how did they escape the Ewoks? In all seriousness it would be interesting to see the first order coming about, and would be a decided different vibe then the other films so far.

darth-maul-main.jpeg

A character to me that has so much more character development than we ever really get to see, Darth Maul. This solo film will be the origin story of Darth Maul leading all the way up to his fight in The Phantom Menace. This film will closely follow the 5-book comic book series that was released earlier this year telling the story how of how he hunts down crime lords to prove his worth to Darth Sidious.​
No Movie title? Guess its still preproduction so that can come later. I always thought it a shame how little of him we got to see.

Presents, Marvel Does
young_yoda_by_phill_art-d5t6yys.jpg

Yoda:
Beginnings of a Master

Even the most famous of Jedi have humble beginnings, taking Grand Master Yoda. No one would have guessed that 900 years ago, Yoda was not only just another Sanskrit Youngling, but he was also one of the worst students at the temple.
Who doesn't like Yoda? After seeing what a younger Yoda did in Ep 1-3, would be all for this.

The ultimate case of playing so dumb that the real bad guy was right under their noses eh?

spacemt354

Chili's
image_20075cc8.jpeg

Big Hero 6: Operation Expo
Replacing Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin as well as Monsters Inc Laugh Floor in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom, will be an interactive D-Ticket dark ride attraction based on the 2014 Disney animated feature, Big Hero 6.

Join Hiro, Baymax and all of your favorite heroes as they present their science projects from the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology at a convention held in the Tomorrowland Expo Center. While all seems to be going to plan at first, a menacing villain in Yandroth, attacks the science fair in an attempt to steal the Baymax technology. You must join up with Big Hero 6 and defend the expo from Yandroth by piloting your own transport vehicles throughout the center, destroying Yandroth's pursuits.

Ride Overview
Untitled.jpg

The exterior design of the Tomorrowland Expo Center will remain relatively similar in accordance with the rest of Tomorrowland proper. The colorful neon designs and metallic overhangs that represent the building that stands today will still be the same, aside from a fresh coat of paint and new signage indicating the attraction inside. The entrance to the former Buzz Lightyear attraction will now be the exit from Big Hero 6: Operation Expo.

From the map above, guests enter from the Tomorrowland Plaza walkway and into the Expo Center, looking at all of the science projects on display, before boarding tour vehicles to take you to the demonstration labs of the expo. During the attraction, the vehicles branch off into 3 separate tracks, allowing more capacity and unique experiences for guests to explore.

From the Peoplemover, guests looking down into the attraction will be able to witness the final battle with Yandroth in an epic display of visuals and precision accuracy of the riders taking on Yandorth's wrath.

Queue
Capture.JPG

Inspired by the Robot Exhibition Hall in Big Hero 6, guests will enter the Tomorrowland Expo Center and be amazed at all the technological innovation that surrounds them. An immersive display of the latest and greatest in scientific research is abound. Guests are able to interactive and read the new advancements in science and technology as they roam the switchbacks of the queue, exploring the various easter eggs scattered throughout the displays as well.

Expo Center Presentation Examples
SFIT%2BPoster%2B%25231.jpg

SFIT%2BPoster%2B%25232.jpg

SFIT%2BPOster%2B%25233.jpg

Continuing throughout the expo center, guests then reach an oval shaped room where Fred in his mascot costume as an animatronic is interacting with guests before they enter the loading area (this is a similar presentation style to Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story Midway Mania).
SSOF70559311-613x445.jpg

Fred moves around and interacts with guests as they walk by with lines such as "Dude loving the Goofy Shirt!" Or if he sees a picture of one of the Big Hero 6: "Hey that's a great pic of my friend Go... I mean, of those guys from San Fransokyo I know have absolutely no way of knowing personally!"

This fun, interactive animatronic experience leads guests into the loading bay to take you to Hiro and Baymax's demonstration room.

Ride Vehicles and Loading Area

The ride vehicles are designed as expo tour vehicles designed by Hiro that will take guests around to the various demonstration points in the Center.

Like everything at the Expo, these tour vehicles are State Of The Art, Prototype, Self Guided, Tour Vehicles (In other words, they're Golf Karts with so much tech stuffed on them that there's only room for two guests each. Each vehicle contains two laser pointers which, when pointed at the various QVC codes throughout the expo, will bring formation up on the onboard screens.)

The vehicles themselves have a capacity of 4 guests, with the back row slightly elevated above the first row. The 4 guests together create the impression of working as a 'team' (a Big Hero 4 team one could say) rather than the duo matchup in the former Buzz attraction or the back to back seating arrangement of Toy Story Midway Mania.

From the loading dock the vehicles proceed in groups of three down a short hallway, passing posters of various past events that have taken place at the Expo Center. Guests will find that if they point their lasers at the codes on theses posters, it will bring up info about these former events.
3432.jpg

Some these former events include:

- Transportaion Expo, presented by XS
- The Monster Comedy Concert
- Space Cadet Recruitment
- The Dreamflight Acadamy 1998 Graduation Ceremony.

From here the vehicles move on to the first demonstration, where guests find Hiro Himada frantically getting ready.

Scene 1 - Hiro Presentation
BH6.jpg

As usual, Hrio not ready. In his frantic attempts to start the presentation he stubs his toe, the resulting cry of pain activates Baymax, who greets the guests in his usual manner, "Hello, I am Baymax, your personal healthcare companion.

Despite the rocky start, Hiro tries to begin his presentation, but they are inturrupted by rumbling, he runs off to check it out, Baymax follows, but even the vehicles are faster than he is.

Scene 2 - Yandroth's Vengeance
The vehicles follow Hiro into the central Hall, which is Pandemonium, at the center is a tall man with pointed ears in a green, futuristic suit.

"I am Yandroth, Scientest Supreme, I hereby proclaim dominon over all of your technology!"

Lightning bolts fly from his hands, and several of the nearby tech begins to go berserk.

Noticing that the guests are strapped to their seats, Hiro hops underneath their vehicle and hotwires the laser pointers, making them more powerful. He shouts at guests to get going. And the vehicles begin to move on.

From here, each of the three vehicles takes a different, randomly assigned path, guests can be clued in to the direction they're going based on Hiro's instructions from the On-board Screen. Each track is accompanied by one of Hiro's three friends:

Gogo, Honey Lemon, and Wasabi.

The lasers are now designed for each guest to rack up 'Hero Points' -- in defeating Yandroth's reign.

For hitting light green hexagons, guests receive 100 points
For hitting orange pentagons, guests receive 250 points
For hitting pink triangular stars, guests receive 500 points
There are also easter egg challenges and bonus rounds, such as the water challenge in Honey Lemon's track, which gives guests anywhere from 300-1000 bonus points.

------------------
During all of these eclectic tracks, on-board audio of Fall Out Boy's song Immortals from the film, plays along as you blast away to the beats.
------------------

Gogo Track

"Quick! Follow Gogo. We need to stop those machines, find the main power switch and shut them down!"

The vehicles pass by an animtronic of Gogo already suited up and ready to go, "Try to keep up" she says. The vehicles move on to the next room.

Scene 3 - Wind Tunnel
4545.jpg

Originally meant to demonstrate advancements in aerodynamics, this wind tunnel's fan has picked up speed under Yandroth's power, and is now blowing random debris at the guests. Guests have to blast the debris out of the way as they pass through.

Scene 4 - Robotic Arms
65656.jpg

The latest in robotic advancements are on display here, and they've all gone nuts! Robotic Arms swipe at you from left and right, firing at an arm will disable it for a couple seconds, allowing the vehicle to move onto the next room.

Scene 5 - Earthquake Room
Designed to simulate realistic earthquakes, large heavy blocks of steel drive themselves downward, shaking the whole floor, if they keep going like this they'll shake the building apart, but the shaking is keeping from maintaining her balance. Firing at each block will temporarily stop them. Both guests riding get a bonus if they manage to stop all the blocks shaking at once!

Scene 6 - Power Switch
We pass an animatronic of Gogo, who has managed to find the main power switch, she switches the power off, and nods at the passing guests, "Not bad, for noobs. Let's go take care of Yandroth!"
-------------------
Honey Lemon Track

Scene 3 - Volcano Project

This is where we are first alone with Honey Lemon and don’t have the rest of the guests with us. This is where we run into the first problem. We see someone was working on a high-tech version of a classic Science-fair volcano where the chemicals are a lot more dangerous for humans to inhale but makes a much larger explosion so the student takes the risk. The trick to this volcano is that all the chemicals are on a table underneath and when a corresponding timer hits 0, all the chemicals will combine to make the eruption, far too early and far too dangerously. However, with the timer for when it was going to erupt in Yandroth’s control, the guests have to make sure to shoot the chemicals before they get into the volcano causing it to erupt. After successfully suppressing the volcano situation, the guests continue along to the next scene.

Scene 4 - Putting out the Fire
Untitled.jpg

After pulling into this next scene, the guests see another science fair project where the student decided the basic version of the project was too easy and took this project to the extreme. Here is where they come face-to-face with a large scale lava lamp made with real lava! As Yandroth stormed through this area he smashed the glass of the lava lamp causing the lava to slowly flow through the room and soon the rest of the building. By the time the guests enter this room the lava is already starting to block their exit out of there so they need to find a way to cool of this lava. And fast. Luckily, the student knew the dangers of this project so all around the room there are different sized buckets of water. The smaller the bucket of water, the more points you get! Eventually, the guests will clear up the lava with the water and continue on to the next room.

Scene 5 - Yandroth's Tricks
This is where the guests hit the real danger though! This student wanted to build a machine to fire potatoes further than any regular old potato gun could dream of! The only problem was, Yandroth now had control of this Potato-firing machine. When entering the room, it is clear that this machine has already started firing potatoes but all over the place with no real target. Not knowing where this is aiming is bringing a high concern to Honey Lemon wanting the guests to take out this robot as fast as possible as it seems like there is no foreseeable end to the number of potatoes this robot has. After some key dodges lead by Honey Lemon, the guests finally destroy the robot narrowly avoiding getting hurt. This is where the guests head on to the last solo room.

Scene 6 - Pink Explosions
565656.jpg

Lastly, we come towards Honey Lemon’s creation for the expo. Her idea is that if we attack Yandroth long enough from the front, she can sneak around to the back of him and apply the ball of brittlement to his legs hopefully crippling him long enough to take him out. While guests fire at him, he constantly catches Honey Lemon and throws her back towards us, after 4-5 attempts of trying to sneak around him she finally succeeds and removes some of the armour from his suit. We use this moment of him being crippled to escape on to scene 7 to meet back up with the other ride vehicles.
------------------
Wasabi Track

Scene 3 - Nanotechnology
7787e.jpg

Your vehicles enter into a nano-particle physics experimental presentation gone array, as microscopic energy rays open up all around you. Wasabi flies in and tells you to aim at the circular gravitational anomalies to close the nano-particles from engulfing the expo center. You shoot and point all around the room as Wasabi cheers you on going into the next room.

Scene 4 - Time Warp
While your attempts were valiant, one of the time warps opens up and begins to engulf the whole expo demonstration room. From the room, you can see portals to the other nano dimensions as well as characters from other worlds in the multiverse. A brief nod to other Marvel characters including the Guardians of the Galaxy can be seen in this room, as your objective is to close all of the portals before you are sucked into one. This battle continues onto the next room as Wasabi claims to have found a weakness in the crystallization machine and if he can point it at us, we the guests can destroy the vortex.

Scene 5 - Inner Space
erer.jpg

Continuing on from the previous room, dozens of portals are open above you with multi-colors and stars all around the expo room, as you race against time in order to stop Yandroth's wrath.

"I think I got it heroes! Follow me! We're gonna shut this down" Wasabi exclaims as you proceed towards the crystallization room.

Scene 6 - Crystallization
You finally reach the crystallization portal and all lasers are aims and fired around the generator and the surrounding area to not only rack up points but to also help Wasabi stop the portals from forming. As the generator is shut down, Yandroth's plan is just about vanquished as you meet up with the rest of the team for one final confrontation.
-------------------

Peoplemover Scene - All Tracks

Scene 7 - Confrontation

This scene is where all of the vehicles meet back up together to try and defeat Yandroth one last time. Similar to the final scene you see in Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, there will be clear areas the Big Hero 6 team want you to focus on as it is the weak spots that were infiltrated earlier in the attraction. After a couple of good shots, Yandroth is visibly slower, eventually crumbling down, before being finally defeated by the teams at the end.
finale%2Bscene.jpg

Scene 8/9 - Finale and Unload
After turning the corner you meet up with the team again where you see Yandroth cuffed up to be taken away. Here we have the entire team on a screen in the distance standing on top of the rubble of the battle both thanking the guests for their help as well as waving goodbye to them, hoping that next year’s Expo will go off without a hitch.

Attraction Statistics
Ticket - D-Ticket
Type - Interactive Dark Ride
FastPass+ - Yes
Height Restriction - None
Attraction Time: 4:45 mins
Wheelchair Transfer - Yes
Operational Capacity - 2,150 guests per hour
Theoretical Capacity - 2,400 guests per hour

Gift Shop - Tadashi Station
564563.jpg

As guests unload from the vehicles they will walk into a quaint shop called Tadashi Station with various merchandise from the film and attraction. Here you can purchase trading pins, shirts, shorts, assorted clothing, POP! dolls, backpacks, and much more.

Conclusion
98989.jpg

Ultimately, Big Hero 6: Operation Expo serves to not only fill the void of interactive attractions left behind by Buzz Lightyear and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - but to expand on their offerings giving guests a popular and sleek new attraction for Tomorrowland for the whole family.​

The Excavator

Pixar Studios Presents

CEDRIC'S LOG - 2245 AD - DAY ONE OF OPERATION: LEGACY
When someone tells one that they live a secret identity, your first thought is that he or she goes around saving the world as a superhero. That could not be further from the truth - in 2111, when the United Nations discovered that a Chinese scientist invited a way to alter ones position in the space-time continuum on a nonlinear scale, they created the Council of Time - group of individuals deemed wise enough to stop any sort of invention of time travel. When someone smart enough manages to invent time travel, we are sent to destroy it, oftentimes leading us on missions throughout time and space. I myself have traveled to ancient Greece, 2012 Washington DC, the Marina trench, and witnessed the destruction of Earth. All while keeping the timeline intact.

However, we are forbidden from using our technology to stop evil. We have witnessed the rise and fall of countless governments, only watched as killers ran loose from prison, watched as the world was at the brink of MAD.

But most importantly, we watched as the man with only half a face rose from no where. Dubbed Hades, he was immune to bullets, swords, and any form of harm. He destroyed all of Europe and is moving towards America now. We only watch.

Until now.

My name is Cedric. By day I am an ordinary millionaire, but by night I am an agent for the Council of Time. However, as of right now I am going rouge - my parents are in what you know as New York City, where they will be destroyed when Hades lands soon.

I will steal a time machine, reconfigure its trackers, and become enemy of the Council of Time. As for my plan - well, I'll make it up as I go along.

~transmission cuts to static~

Well, hello friends. So i got my time ship and reconfigured it. The Council is sending agents after me so here we go!

~the transmission makes a whooshing noise ~

Well it appears my time machine went just over 200 years into the past and right into a building. I sure hope no one was hurt. My computer tells me I am in the Magic Kingdom Theme Park and I just landed in two rides - Monster Inc. Laugh Floor and Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters!

I am going to quickly find some comrades to join me as human shield, I mean heroes, on my adventure though throughout time and space.

Cedric Out.

~transmission ends~

Pre-Show

All guest will be shuffled into one of two room too be showed the Time Council Orientation Video

Female Voice: Welcome Time Recruits soon you'll proceed too your first training mission, But first let me share the history of this great organization.
As soon as time travel was invented our founder Tye Mur knew some one was going to have to police the time stream to prevent paradoxes' which could end the universe as we know it. ever since the Time Council has been responsible for preventing catastrophe through out all of time.

Now lets talk about your first mission.

Ride Vehicle
Your all going to be assign to one of many great time masters. Each group of 8 recruits will be given a time ship equipped with state of the art laser canons. They are ready for you recruits good luck and please don't erase all of time.

Ride
The mission is to stop a time paradox in 2000 that is currently broken and suspending progressive time which has been caused by Cedric, trying to overthrow the rise of the internet. The time ship will have to race through the vortex of time in order to stop Cedric and his crimes. Tye Mur gives the time shops the all clear and the recruits launch off into the vortex which swirls around the ships, causing beams of light to glow and shimmer. In a way, the lights supercharge your lasers, and a time clock on a digital screen in front of you reads how far you are going back in time. The lights around the vehicles display events of past decades, such as humans landing on Mars, and the first time traveler. Once you arrive in the year 2000, the ship is stopped by Cedric and his technology minions, who you have to take out one at a time to get to the evil mastermind himself.

Cedric snaps his fingers and vanishes into another dimension, and Tye Mur alters your ship's coordinates to follow Cedric into the other dimension. His minions surround the ships and Tye Mur tells you to keep firing because Cedric has infinite time and space to roam. Arriving in the early 1700s, the time ship lands on a pirate ship and you dodge cannon fire from Cedric on the opposite ship. The time ship launches forward and Cedric grabs your ship using his grapple ray, and pulls you into another dimension, this time in outer space on a ring of saturn. With asteroids and moons around you, Cedric attempts to leave you in the vast depths of space, but he is unsuccessful, as you fire on Cedric and he accidentally launches everyone back to present day through another large vortex. Inside, Cedric attempts to get back to the year 2000 but instead you are able to blast him back to the present, closing the time paradox, and saving the day. Tye Mur thanks you for your bravery on the mission, and Cedric is shackled and taken care of as the ships return.

Council of Time Gift Shop
Inside is a Tomorrowland gift shop featuring merchandise from the attraction and other personalized items.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom