Pop Century Room Rehab

celluloid

They will not mention it unless instructed or prompted to do so because they cannot guarantee refurbed rooms. Standard business for many hospitality companies.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Hi sorry for bumping, Does anyone know what buildings are currently redone?
Was the second family to stay in Building 9 (80's building) third floor standard pool view this past Thursday night. The 90's are complete and most (possible all) of building 9. They appeared to be working on the other 80's building now.

I will also say this, The pictures of the renovations don't do it justice. The room is realllllllllllly nice. Lots and lots of storage, usb plugins and regular plugs throughout the room, big TV, WONDERFUL shower with rainfall shower head and hand held, plus lots of other extras. Using the sliding doors really made the bathroom bigger and more usable space.

Edited to correct building number.

Last edited:

peter11435

Was the second family to stay in Building 8 (80's building) third floor standard pool view this past Thursday night. The 90's are complete and most (possible all) of building 8. They appeared to be working on the other 80's building now.

Building 8 is the 90's. Buildings 7 and 9 are the 80's.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For reference:

upload_2017-8-1_23-17-35.png

Wngo905

In the Parks
No

allgiggles

We've got a trip in 4 weeks in a preferred room. Have any of the renovated rooms in the preferred category been completed?

No. The only buildings that have been completed are 8 & 9. Building 7 is nearly complete and should be back in inventory soon. Those buildings are all in the 80's & 90's section. Work has started on Building 10 in the 70's section -- this is the first building to be worked on that has Preferred Rooms. It probably won't be finished until late October.

EPICOT

No. The only buildings that have been completed are 8 & 9. Building 7 is nearly complete and should be back in inventory soon. Those buildings are all in the 80's & 90's section. Work has started on Building 10 in the 70's section -- this is the first building to be worked on that has Preferred Rooms. It probably won't be finished until late October.

Can you request a non-preferred room if you have a preferred room booked?

allgiggles

Can you request a non-preferred room if you have a preferred room booked?

It seems like there have been mixed results with doing this. It seems like the best success has been with calling and asking to have the room type changed or going to the front desk at check-in and requesting a standard room. The best results seem to come from doing the request in person, though some people have gotten the phone CMs to change the room type on the reservation. If you're doing online check-in and you have a Preferred room booked but request an area that does not have Preferred rooms (i.e. 80's or 90's section), you won't get the request.

EPICOT

It seems like there have been mixed results with doing this. It seems like the best success has been with calling and asking to have the room type changed or going to the front desk at check-in and requesting a standard room. The best results seem to come from doing the request in person, though some people have gotten the phone CMs to change the room type on the reservation. If you're doing online check-in and you have a Preferred room booked but request an area that does not have Preferred rooms (i.e. 80's or 90's section), you won't get the request.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to try for a room change because having an updated room is more important to me than the room location.

dreamscometrue

I've always wondered why building 10, is next to building 6. :) It seems like they were counting from the 50s section, then went..6, 10, 7, 8 and 9.

Capsin4

I have a preferred room booked for early September at Pop Century. From what I've read the refurbishments have only started/been completed on the 80s and 90s buildings, correct? This means there are currently no preferred rooms that have been refurbished yet? Just want to know if I should add a request on my reservation.
We have a preferred room at the end of August and reuested 80s or 90s. I doubt we'll get it though. There are no refurbed preferred rooms and even though I'd be ok taking a nonpreferred room for the same price, I doubt DIsney will downgrade a guest even if we're willing.

EPICOT

We have a preferred room at the end of August and reuested 80s or 90s. I doubt we'll get it though. There are no refurbed preferred rooms and even though I'd be ok taking a nonpreferred room for the same price, I doubt DIsney will downgrade a guest even if we're willing.

I'm literally in the same situation as you except for early September.

allgiggles

I've always wondered why building 10, is next to building 6. :) It seems like they were counting from the 50s section, then went..6, 10, 7, 8 and 9.

It does look like this, but....

The buildings are numbered counter clockwise starting from the main commercial building. This numbering format is used for all of the value resorts.

I think it's much easier to see the "pattern" if you look at a map of AoA. While it seems odd that the Lion King section is buildings 6 & 10 when all the other sections have consecutive numbers, if you look at the map, you can see the counter clockwise pattern. With Pop Century, the pattern is there, but it's not quite as obvious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom