Resort transportation

Goofyfan4life

Original Poster
My DW and I have a trip planned in September at POFQ. This is not our first time at WDW so we are familiar with the parks and transportation system. We have a 1030 reservation at Trails End Restaurant and have never been there before. Since we will be flying in and dependent on Disney transportation what would be the fastest or easiest way to get there from POFQ.

nickys

Premium Member
My DW and I have a trip planned in September at POFQ. This is not our first time at WDW so we are familiar with the parks and transportation system. We have a 1030 reservation at Trails End Restaurant and have never been there before. Since we will be flying in and dependent on Disney transportation what would be the fastest or easiest way to get there from POFQ.

I'd say bus to MK, then the boat across to FW. Trail's End is near to the boat dock.

Any option involving a bus to FW would mean switching to the internal bus system which I'm sure would take longer.

Goofyfan4life

Original Poster
I'd say bus to MK, then the boat across to FW. Trail's End is near to the boat dock.

Any option involving a bus to FW would mean switching to the internal bus system which I'm sure would take longer.
Thanks. That just confirmed my original plan.

Rob562

I'd say your fastest option is to taxi/Uber to Fort Wilderness. (A cheap trip since it's close) It'll drop you off at the front of the campground, then you take an internal shuttle to Trails End. All three internal routes end at the Depot near Trails End, so it's just a matter of getting on the first one that comes along.

Taking the bus from POFQ to MK, it'll actually drive right past the front entrance to Fort Wilderness. From that point it's another 5-10 minutes until it gets to MK. Then the walk to the FW boat, wait and then ride the boat. That'll all take longer than Uber and the internal shuttle.

-Rob

IMFearless

Plus, if you go via bus to MK you will also have to go through security at MK.

We have a similar transfer from PORS to Trail's End on our trip and we are planning to Uber to Fort Wilderness and then take the internal bus - in terms of speed this will be far quicker.

The boat ride is pleasant from MK but it does take around 15 mins once you are on board. We are intending to head back to MK after Trail's End (if we can still move) so will take the boat then.

Great restaurant by the way, it is a hidden gem and so reasonable price wise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom