Favorite Horror Movies? (Official Horror Movie Thread)

cdndisneygirl9

I love this thread!
Horror is my favourite genre of film; always has been. I was fortunate enough to grow up in the Wes Craven era, I love the old horror films as well, e.g. Psycho (my favourite), Creature From the Black Lagoon, etc; also, I prefer films that are not (all) CGI.

BuddyThomas

Everyone, seriously, beware of IT COMES AT NIGHT. Here is exactly what happens in IT COMES AT NIGHT - Nothing.

Nothing comes at night. Or in the day. Or anytime at all. You never learn what "it" is, and after an hour of very, very slow burn, when the sh*t starts to hit the fan, you quickly realize there is no sh*t and no fan.....and no horror movie.

It's really false advertising, and I do not know how this thing has gotten pretty good reviews. Proceed with caution.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Everyone, seriously, beware of IT COMES AT NIGHT. Here is exactly what happens in IT COMES AT NIGHT - Nothing.

Nothing comes at night. Or in the day. Or anytime at all. You never learn what "it" is, and after an hour of very, very slow burn, when the sh*t starts to hit the fan, you quickly realize there is no sh*t and no fan.....and no horror movie.

It's really false advertising, and I do not know how this thing has gotten pretty good reviews. Proceed with caution.

So essentially it's like It Follows where it was overhyped to death.

gogetter

I actually prefer Asian horror movies, I guess these people have mastered to scare their viewers. Here are my top favorites:

Shutter
Ju-on: The Grudge
The Doll Master
Death Bell
Tale of the Two Sister

I just love the twist, mystery, and ending that these films have. Meanwhile, here are my top favorites for Hollywood film, majority are gory.

Saw
Final Destination
Resident Evil
I Spit on Your Grave
House of Wax

mf1972

I'm torn on whether or not I want to see it in the theater. There aren't mute buttons at theaters to use during potential jump scare sequences of the film. Not that I personally would ever do such a thing. But a friend needs them to....oh just shut up. Don't judge me.
i'll make sure i'll be wearing my big boy pants & hit the men's room before the movie starts ;)

WinnieSun_

I haven't seen too many horror movies, but my favorites would have to be the classics, like:
- Exorcist, Halloween, nightmare on elm street
basically any paranormal, slasher, or psychological horror movie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom