A Spirited Valentine ...

Mike S

To be fair, they said things like "usually take 5 years". And "we plan on breaking ground in 2013". So a year off based on an admittedly loose timeframe given at the very beginning of the process seems kinda normal.

It did take a long time. We will be saying the same thing about Nintendo when it arrives for the same reasons.
Still on track for 2020?

Princess Leia

Bit of an aside here, but I went to Cedar Point for the first time in over a decade yesterday, and I think that talking about themeing on the boards has made me a bit of a theme park snob lol The only part of the park that I really loved to spend time in was Frontiertown. It had the most attention to detail, and it made the other parts of the park feel a little off.

There are two Snoopy areas now, and only one feels themed. The other looks like a hodgepodge of kids rides collected from other parks (and I think that was actually the case).

One last note- I went on Snake River Falls for the first time, and expected a Splash Mountain like thrill level. While they both reach 40 mph, Snake River Falls is 30 feet higher than Splash... and a sharper descent angle (did some research and SRF is about the same as Jurassic Park). So, I think I should be ready to tackle JP this fall (despite my incredibly unattractive screaming and yelling yesterday :oops:)

Lastly, I really wish Disney would add a suspended coaster like Iron Dragon. It's a pretty fun ride, and it'd be something different to offer.

NearTheEars

That's because SeaWorld actually makes an effort to entertain their Guests. Club Sea Glow is a ton of fun and the specialty acts that perform every fifteen or so minutes are neat, especially the laser man. Glad Electric Ocean is sticking around on Saturday evenings through Labor Day

Did it get extended? That's great! I thought it was all over next week.

NearTheEars

Bit of an aside here, but I went to Cedar Point for the first time in over a decade yesterday, and I think that talking about themeing on the boards has made me a bit of a theme park snob lol The only part of the park that I really loved to spend time in was Frontiertown. It had the most attention to detail, and it made the other parts of the park feel a little off.

There are two Snoopy areas now, and only one feels themed. The other looks like a hodgepodge of kids rides collected from other parks (and I think that was actually the case).

One last note- I went on Snake River Falls for the first time, and expected a Splash Mountain like thrill level. While they both reach 40 mph, Snake River Falls is 30 feet higher than Splash... and a sharper descent angle (did some research and SRF is about the same as Jurassic Park). So, I think I should be ready to tackle JP this fall (despite my incredibly unattractive screaming and yelling yesterday :oops:)

Lastly, I really wish Disney would add a suspended coaster like Iron Dragon. It's a pretty fun ride, and it'd be something different to offer.

LOVED Iron Dragon as a kid. Glad it's still around. As an Ohio kid, we used to go multiple times each summer. Haven't been back though since moving to Fla.

rael ramone

The new Mickey cartoons are great, Mickey has a little bit of his mischivious qualities he had in years past instead of the kid friendly clubhouse Mickey. My kids love the new Mickey. And they have to update the character for every generation so of course us older folks will find fault but they have us hooked already. I'm just glad I like this new Mickey

They are not bad (and probably the 'Clubhouse Mickey' isn't either for it's intended target audience), but they don't feel like the same character. Some may have felt that 'Mickey deserves a prominent location because, well, it's Mickey'. It may well produce a ride that is decent. But even a 'Classic Mickey' attraction of 6 minute length shouldn't replace a 25 minute E-Ticket in a park that lacks capacity (and will lack capacity even more once SWL opens up). Swapping out TGMR out with a version that feels more like 'New IP!' then 'The Character That Started The Corporation', makes it even less good.

Kman101

That's because SeaWorld actually makes an effort to entertain their Guests. Club Sea Glow is a ton of fun and the specialty acts that perform every fifteen or so minutes are neat, especially the laser man. Glad Electric Ocean is sticking around on Saturday evenings through Labor Day

Dance parties at Disney, while I know some find it fun to dance with the characters, is just their way of not having meet and greet for some of the characters used. It's a lame entertainment offering IMHO. It's lazy and that's why people dislike them. I had no issue when they threw it in Sunset Showcase. I have no issues them using 'rare' characters but it seems lazy to me. I'm fine with them at the holiday parties. I also think Move it Shake It is lame and lazy and a waste of entertainment budget.

Mike S

Too bad they'll likely be bankrupt in a few years. My expectation is that the land they have will eventually get bought by Universal when they look to expand past Site B. It's right next to SeaWorld after all.

bclane

Too bad they'll likely be bankrupt in a few years. My expectation is that the land they have will eventually get bought by Universal when they look to expand past Site B. It's right next to SeaWorld after all.
I love SeaWorld and believe it is has helped to instill a love for the ocean and a desire to help protect marine life in a lot of people. But I too fear that they won't be around forever. So sad! Hopefully they can figure out a business model that works in today's world. They are definitely making some positive steps.

Disneyhead'71

Orlando's better than that. I went to a Six Flags once. No desire to return.
The Cedar Fair and Busch parks are nice clean and safe amusement parks. Six Flags, not so much. I think, if done right, a park at SeaWorld's plot could be a locals park that also gets some of the tourist dollars by offering a bit more thrill than the big boys. Particularly now that Universal is losing Dragon Challenge.

bclane

Orlando's better than that. I went to a Six Flags once. No desire to return.
There are some pretty bad Six Flags parks out there, I'll give you that. Cedar Fair parks are better. If they did sell out, which I hope they won't, Universal would be a better option and if not them, Herschend Family Entertainment would be a fantastic option imo. They are the group behind Dollywood and Silver Dollar City. Dollywood is a thing of beauty and such a fun day. A lot of love has gone into that park and it really shows. Anyway, SeaWorld is moving in the right direction I think. They just need about a 500 million investment to push them over the hump.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom