birthday surprises

ALONZO LAUREL

Original Poster
Any one know of any good surprise things they do for kids at disney for their birthday? My son will be turning 3 during our visit and we have reservations for chef mickey to celebrate just wondering if there is any other place that does a fun or interesting thing for birthdays. We have cinderella royal table but that isnt really a birthday meal and we also have hollywood and vine with minnie etc but also not birthday related.

Schneewittchen

So, we haven't done a birthday at WDW yet. But we did one at DL when DS was turning 7.

For our special dinner, we went to Blue Bayou. The server brought out a little free cupcake with a candle. DS loved it.

I assume most restaurants will at least do something like that. And if you get a "it's my birthday" pin from guest services, all the CM's are extra nice.

Don't know when your trip is scheduled, but we're going to WDW in November for DS turning 8 this year. Perhaps I can report anything more interesting than a flaming cupcake.

nickys

Premium Member
Note your son's birthday on any ADRs and also your resort ressie. Chances are, a character restaurant will have a card signed by the characters for him and a birthday cupcake.

But don't expect things to happen. Lots of people celebrate at Disney, and going in expecting "pixie dust" other than lots of CMs wishing him a happy birthday seems a sure way to end up disappointed.

If you don't mind shelling out a little extra cash, Disney Floral & Gifts has some cool birthday gift packages that can be delivered to your resort room. You can also build your own gift basket and have it sent to your room too.

correcaminos

Note your son's birthday on any ADRs and also your resort ressie. Chances are, a character restaurant will have a card signed by the characters for him and a birthday cupcake.

But don't expect things to happen. Lots of people celebrate at Disney, and going in expecting "pixie dust" other than lots of CMs wishing him a happy birthday seems a sure way to end up disappointed.
I agree with this and was about to type the same thing. Let them know again at check in but otherwise don't expect anything. A lot of the time they are great with birthdays, but I wouldn't expect it.

Beacon Joe

I would order a custom cake or custom cupcake to be delivered during the dinner at Chef Mickey's. They can get really expensive, but the smaller cakes are a great value

We did this last year and ordered the small cake to be delivered to Chef Mickey's. They'll take care of the candles, etc. With seven people at the table, even the small cake was more than enough. And it was an astonishingly good cake.

Just call Disney Cakes at 407-827-2253 during business hours about a week before the dinner and they'll walk you through it and link it to your dining reservation number. Couldn't be easier. There is no need to visit that... other... site.

Cosmic Commando

We did this last year and ordered the small cake to be delivered to Chef Mickey's. They'll take care of the candles, etc. With seven people at the table, even the small cake was more than enough. And it was an astonishingly good cake.

Just call Disney Cakes at 407-827-2253 during business hours about a week before the dinner and they'll walk you through it and link it to your dining reservation number. Couldn't be easier. There is no need to visit that... other... site.
The DIS has its uses. The thread is full of good inspiration.

Beacon Joe

The DIS has its uses. The thread is full of good inspiration.

I couldn't help myself. :D

But really, I do think that a 40-some page thread with... those people (again, I can't help myself. Sorry) ... going on about the topic is excessive, when a straightforward, sub 5-minute call to Disney Cakes will give OP all the info that he needs.

figmentfan03

For the child's actual birthday meal, you can order a cake and have it shipped to the restaurant. Great choices and delicious ( be sure to mention allergies). If you are eating in Disney Springs, order a cake from Amoretti's if you can!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Any one know of any good surprise things they do for kids at disney for their birthday? My son will be turning 3 during our visit and we have reservations for chef mickey to celebrate just wondering if there is any other place that does a fun or interesting thing for birthdays. We have cinderella royal table but that isnt really a birthday meal and we also have hollywood and vine with minnie etc but also not birthday related.

Make sure to note the reservation and where the pin and tell them when you check in, what you are celebrating. We went ahead and got a cake for my son for his 1st birthday. Here is a pic:

6173430497287375714.jpg

jimbojones

I am not sure just how much this would matter to a 3 year old, but when one of my kids was turning 4 we told her we were going camping and forgot to mention that we were stopping at WDW first. We made a surprise out of showing up at MK and made a joke of it by saying. "I think we got lost do you know where we are?" With wide eyes she said "We're at Disney World!" Definitely a fun birthday surprise!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom