News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Bairstow

This would be a great idea. Unfortunately they pulled all of the arcade games from all of the parks sadly. It's funny how they did that, but the resorts still have games. I just don't get it.

I imagine the arcade was pulled from Tomorrowland because it wasn't making enough money to justify staffing and maintenance costs. They're of more use at the resorts because they can occupy kids on rainy days and Disney likes to spin the meager complimentary game credits included with a resort stay as a "perk." I doubt the resort arcades are making much money, but they're still an amenity they can advertise and one the occasional worn-out parent is very grateful for.

solidyne

I justThey've got plenty of 80's arcade games sitting around with the closure of Quest...
That's right! :joyfull:
Nice idea, but unfortunately they sold them.
Bummer. :(
Since I can buy any 80's arcade game off the internet and at my local home entertainment store that sells pool tables and such, I'm sure Disney could find them then.
That's right!:joyfull:

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I imagine the arcade was pulled from Tomorrowland because it wasn't making enough money to justify staffing and maintenance costs. They're of more use at the resorts because they can occupy kids on rainy days and Disney likes to spin the meager complimentary game credits included with a resort stay as a "perk." I doubt the resort arcades are making much money, but they're still an amenity they can advertise and one the occasional worn-out parent is very grateful for.

Was there not some change in Florida law that caused a change in the type of "games" that could be allowed in arcades?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Was there not some change in Florida law that caused a change in the type of "games" that could be allowed in arcades?

Yes, a gambling law which could have possibly been applied to arcade games that offered tickets. Arcade owners panicked and got rid of ticketing or arcades completely. Florida changed the law to purposely exclude arcade games, but the damage was done.

powderehss

...So is the "Tomorrowland Convention Center" where AE was going to be demolished to pave way for this coaster?
Looks like it's out of the way though and more near the Speedway though if I remember correctly.

I keep giving myself false hope thinking they'll make an Alien Encounter 2...

c-one

Surprised to see that the Tomorrowland arcade building is staying in. Wel, everything about this announcement surprised me, but that in particular. What's the long term plan for the building? Forgive me if I missed it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Surprised to see that the Tomorrowland arcade building is staying in. Wel, everything about this announcement surprised me, but that in particular. What's the long term plan for the building? Forgive me if I missed it.

Unknown. All we know is that it appears in the artist's rendering.

Bocabear

Well now that they announced it they can sit back and let everything languish for 2-3 years before beginning construction...they can say they are "developing" the new ride concept, and then will build a duplicate of the Shanghai ride but 25% cheaper...lol

No Name

Well now that they announced it they can sit back and let everything languish for 2-3 years before beginning construction...they can say they are "developing" the new ride concept, and then will build a duplicate of the Shanghai ride but 25% cheaper...lol

Wait, I might have missed something, but how will this be cheaper?
Or do you just mean it will cost less because they have fewer design costs and Chinese overlords to deal with?

meyeet

Wait, I might have missed something, but how will this be cheaper?
Or do you just mean it will cost less because they have fewer design costs and Chinese overlords to deal with?
I think it was a joke about how long the process from announcement to first ride will be drawn out.

Bocabear

It was, and I am sure they will leave off some of the wow factor whe they build the Orlando version...because people will be happy with anythng...

The costs do not think they are cheaper although they have already developed attraction in shanghai. The tour of the attraction will not only not be the same, but must be adapted to the public that visits MK in Disney World. I bet it will be a more aggressive and fast, as well as long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom