2017 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

There is plenty of NASCAR news. Penske is going to be a 3 car team in 2018 with Ryan Blaney as the driver. The replacement of Ryan Blaney in the Wood Brothers 21 car is going to be Paul Menard. Menard's is going sponsor the 21 car for 22 races. This information was announced yesterday.

As far as RCR goes, Richard Childress said that he wants 3 teams in cup next year. I'm guess Ty Dillon, but the question is who would be sponsoring him.

If Ty Dillon leaves the 13 team, it would be an unknown who that driver is. The 13 team also has been a top 25 team in points with Casey Mears besides being 24th in points with Ty Dillon this season. If Ty leave, I'm assuming the favorites is on weaker cup team or a driver that could be out of a ride aka Danica Patrick.

artvandelay

There is plenty of NASCAR news. Penske is going to be a 3 car team in 2018 with Ryan Blaney as the driver. The replacement of Ryan Blaney in the Wood Brothers 21 car is going to be Paul Menard. Menard's is going sponsor the 21 car for 22 races. This information was announced yesterday.

As far as RCR goes, Richard Childress said that he wants 3 teams in cup next year. I'm guess Ty Dillon, but the question is who would be sponsoring him.

If Ty Dillon leaves the 13 team, it would be an unknown who that driver is. The 13 team also has been a top 25 team in points with Casey Mears besides being 24th in points with Ty Dillon this season. If Ty leave, I'm assuming the favorites is on weaker cup team or a driver that could be out of a ride aka Danica Patrick.
Will Penske lease a charter from SHR (#10 car) for Blaney?

wdwfan4ver

Target has announced that they are leaving leaving NASCAR after this year.

I am not shocked about this because Target left Chip Ganassi's Indy Car series before this. What I gather is the current CEO of Target isn't fan of Auto Racing at all, but is a fan of Soccer. What I under stand is Target is focussed on Sponsoring stuff dealing with Soccer including Soccer teams.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I'm making a correction on Larson. Earlier today, there was racing news sites that claimed Larson is Sponsorless such as Sporting News. What I've read since that is Target only was going to sponsor 5 to 10 races and Chip also has a sponsor lined up. The claim is the Sponsor is new to Chip Ganassi and to NASCAR.

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
Screenshot_2017-07-30-21-24-22.jpg

PENNSYLVANIA 400, POCONO

1. Kyle Busch
2. Kevin Harvick
3. Martin Truex Jr.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Makes you wonder what the Toyota teams have hit on that is giving them quite an advantage over the other manufacturers and how long will it take for the others to ketchup.

Note: not accusing the toyotas of cheating just that they have likely hit on the right aero/chassis tweaks to fit the current rules best. It does seem to go in cycles that the manufacturers have a better package than the opposition.

patch553

i cant see how the they cannot be gaining an aero advantage from there revamped front end this year? from speaking very briefly to a couple crew guys whilst in pits at charlotte they wer pointing more towards things under the cars aero wise as to why they all seem so far ahead.im wondering what the new chevy will bring next season? as you say it does go in cycles but look at last year the Toyotas wer super strong almost as much as they've been this year and it was the mastermind of chad knaus and jimmie in chevy that winded up winning

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
i cant see how the they cannot be gaining an aero advantage from there revamped front end this year? from speaking very briefly to a couple crew guys whilst in pits at charlotte they wer pointing more towards things under the cars aero wise as to why they all seem so far ahead.im wondering what the new chevy will bring next season? as you say it does go in cycles but look at last year the Toyotas wer super strong almost as much as they've been this year and it was the mastermind of chad knaus and jimmie in chevy that winded up winning
And a dash of Jimmies magic horseshoe in that final race.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR has announced new guidelines for cup drivers wanting to do Xfinity and truck races while being a cup regular for 2018.

Cup drivers with more than 5 years of cup experience only can do 7 xfinity races in 2018 and 5 truck series races in 2018. All Cup regulars can't race in the final regular season race in the Xfinity series and the Truck series. All cup cup regular also can't race in the playoffs for the Xfinity series and the truck series.

NASCAR also isn't going allow cup regulars to race in the Xfinity series 4 dash4carsh races.

patch553

stewart haas not taking up kurt busch's option for '18?
as for the xfinity series,i like the limiting of cup drivers I don't think it would help the series if they stopped them all together,they do bring good sponsers/money/experience to the series and when they struggle through tech and start at rear its always a good show watching them come through the field;)

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

stewart haas not taking up kurt busch's option for '18?
What I know about this is Stewart Haas's twitter account earlier today claims they expect Kurt to be back in 2018. They posted this on twitter after the media reported about Kurt's options not being picked up for 2018.

What I am guessing is happening is Stewart Haas isn't picking up the option, but wants to sign Kurt to a cheaper contract.

Last edited:

MissPixie

My boyfriend is a big NASCAR fan as for me I get it secondhand from him so I know the biggies like Jimmie Johnson, Danica Patrick, Kyle Busch & Kurt Busch, Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Kevin Harvick but other than the quick glance at the race I have no clue at the whole point system and The Cup that he talks about and things of that nature. I do however give these drivers huge respect for driving the way they do and handling a car at those speeds. Heck it is hard enough for me to handle a car on I-95 in traffic going 70 MPH. :)

patch553

another dominant performance from the cup guys in the xfinity series again,Kyle Busch spun himself,had a pit road penalty dropped to 24th and still came back to win:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom