MLB 2017 Season Discussion

SteveBrickNJ

I was watching the All star Game and the announcers were discussing how for the first time in....what did they say....14 years?? This year's All Star Game winner does NOT earn home field advantage for their league. Why? What made MLB change and deviate from "the game that counts"???

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Because the home field advantage never really mattered since that was put into place, plus it's the only exhibition of the 4 major sports in which the players actually try.

SteveBrickNJ

Five Washington Post sportswriters ranked the MLB stadiums. AT&T was #1, PNC #2 and Camden Yards #3.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...arks-have-you-visited/?utm_term=.cc513f6f9865

The 5 writers were in pretty close agreement about the top 5 or 10 and bottom 5 or 10. They disagreed more on some in the middle, like Busch Stadium in St. Louis.
What a great article! I'm glad Pittsburgh's PNC was viewed in such a favorable light.
I'm also glad Tampa Bay is toward the bottom.
The surprise for me was Toronto. I've only been there once but I really liked it. I wish it was ranked more favorably.
For fun, I'll try to list the ones I've been to.....Childhood first and then moving closer to present day
1)Philly's Veterans Stadium
2)NYC Shea Stadium
3)NYC Yankee Stadium
4)Pittsburgh's PNC Park
5)Toronto's Rogers Centre
6)Philly's Citizens Bank Park
7)Wash. DC's Nationals Park
Wow...not as many as I thought. That's 'cause I've also been to the Rose Bowl and Giants Stadium.....but this is the wrong thread for those. :confused:

Lucky

Some of the ones I went to are gone or no longer used. Turner Field, Memorial in Baltimore, old Busch, Three Rivers.

Lucky

That should get them a Nationals'-quality closer.

IMG_4794.JPG

Lucky

Marlins 22 runs on 22 hits, Rangers 10 runs on 10 hits, playing time 4 hours and 1 minute. Adrian Beltre was ejected in the 8th. The umpire told him he needed to be standing in the on-deck circle. So he picked it up and dragged it 10 feet to where he had been standing. The umpire didn't seem to think it was funny.

mlbf_1655914083_th_45.jpg

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

Marlins 22 runs on 22 hits, Rangers 10 runs on 10 hits, playing time 4 hours and 1 minute. Adrian Beltre was ejected in the 8th. The umpire told him he needed to be standing in the on-deck circle. So he picked it up and dragged it 10 feet to where he had been standing. The umpire didn't seem to think it was funny.
One of the Padres was standing mid-way between the on-deck circle and the batters box the other night - the umpire didn't say anything and deGrom didn't seem to care. Moving the on-deck circle seems like a reasonable response though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom