Tusker house for Bfast or Dinner ROL?

bsmartin2000

Original Poster
I have Adrs for Tusker House at 10:45 and at 5:25. The 5:25 is the ROL package. Not sure which would have the better food. Any thoughts?

Ciara

I have Adrs for Tusker House at 10:45 and at 5:25. The 5:25 is the ROL package. Not sure which would have the better food. Any thoughts?

Both are supposed to good. My only thought on this is you would be going at the end of the buffet for Breakfast and the beginning for Dinner. So dinner food may be fresher. Also the breakfast is pretty standard fare vs more African choices for Dinner. I had the almost the same debate and ended up choosing dinner, but i am sure both meals would be great, Enjoy! :)

Weather_Lady

It all depends on what you'd like to eat -- my family would choose dinner every time, simply because the food offerings for dinner are more exotic and unique (a little bit of Sanaa, a little bit of Boma). The breakfast menu is about the same as you'd find at any TS restaurant on property (waffles, eggs, bacon). Whether that's a pro or a con depends on your family's tastes.

(Update: apologies to @Ciara - I hadn't read the other responses before posting and I see that I pretty much parroted what you already said!)

Ciara

It all depends on what you'd like to eat -- my family would choose dinner every time, simply because the food offerings for dinner are more exotic and unique (a little bit of Sanaa, a little bit of Boma). The breakfast menu is about the same as you'd find at any TS restaurant on property (waffles, eggs, bacon). Whether that's a pro or a con depends on your family's tastes.

(Update: apologies to @Ciara - I hadn't read the other responses before posting and I see that I pretty much parroted what you already said!)

I haven't actually been for Dinner. Just my assumptions so i'm glad it seems to be true! :p

JohnD

Save money and do breakfast for $39/person, if you can get the ROL breakfast ADR, instead of lunch/dinner for $52/person. You indicate that 5:25 is the "ROL package" but don't say anything about the breakfast ADR being the ROL package.

So, the decision is now more than the food. If you intend to see ROL that night and the ROL package is the way you intend to see it, if you can't get the breakfast ROL package ADR, I'd keep the dinner ROL package.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light-dining-package/

slappy magoo

I think the fact that you have ROL seating makes it a game changer. I know I tried to go see ROL during a brief trip in April, mid-week, and seating was at capacity, couldn't get in. I was just one guy, didn't make a difference. If seeing the show is important to you, don't take a chance.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
We do the 1045 on every trip, it gives the kiddos the mickey waffles and the BACON, but the best part is they change over to lunch at 11 and you get both breakfast and lunch for the breakfast price
I second this. It really is the best of both worlds. You get traditional breakfast fare that everyone in the family can enjoy and some nice additions from the lunch menu for those who want to try something new.

docdebbi

Is there really a sweet spot in the afternoon where i can both get a ROL package AND have character dining which supposedly starts at 4 PM? Or do the ROL package spots stop before the characters arrive? Not worth $52 to me just for a ROL package, but if I can accomplish the obligatory character M&G while there, it becomes so. Bear in mind- I'm not being cheap, but with a family of 7- at $52 each- that's an expensive lunch!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Is there really a sweet spot in the afternoon where i can both get a ROL package AND have character dining which supposedly starts at 4 PM? Or do the ROL package spots stop before the characters arrive? Not worth $52 to me just for a ROL package, but if I can accomplish the obligatory character M&G while there, it becomes so. Bear in mind- I'm not being cheap, but with a family of 7- at $52 each- that's an expensive lunch!
There are characters at all dining times at Tusker House.

docdebbi

There are characters at all dining times at Tusker House.

Thanks for straightening me out. You know, I've been to lunch there many time with characters, but a competing (horrors) website said it was characters only after 4. With all the downsizing (cheaping out) Disney has been doing lately, I figured it had been changed.
Thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks for straightening me out. You know, I've been to lunch there many time with characters, but a competing (horrors) website said it was characters only after 4. With all the downsizing (cheaping out) Disney has been doing lately, I figured it had been changed.
Thanks!
Happy to help!

JohnD

Shoot for the $39 breakfast/person if you can get it. Still spending money but less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom