PERMITS

SSG

Original Poster
Just a guess, but once Marvel Land gets going, I think the Red Car will be re-routed
I think I was MiceAge who said they were going to budget money to enhance the wires so they could be moved out of the way for parades.

Just take the damn things down already. They are ugly.
Yup:

Other plans to shift focus to DCA are also being tossed around in TDA right now, including an idea to move Paint The Night over to DCA this fall. The overhead cables for the Red Car Trolley are the one snag in that plan however, after former Disneyland President Ed Grier decided to cut the budget on the trolley wires which were originally designed by WDI to swing up and out of the way to accommodate any future tall parade floats. Next fiscal year has a tentative budget to develop an all-new parade for DCA to replace the Pixar Play Parade, so the fix to the trolley wires may get added to that budget to allow both Paint The Night and a large Marvel parade to co-exist under the trolley wires.

TTA94

Just a guess, but once Marvel Land gets going, I think the Red Car will be re-routed

Yup:

Other plans to shift focus to DCA are also being tossed around in TDA right now, including an idea to move Paint The Night over to DCA this fall. The overhead cables for the Red Car Trolley are the one snag in that plan however, after former Disneyland President Ed Grier decided to cut the budget on the trolley wires which were originally designed by WDI to swing up and out of the way to accommodate any future tall parade floats. Next fiscal year has a tentative budget to develop an all-new parade for DCA to replace the Pixar Play Parade, so the fix to the trolley wires may get added to that budget to allow both Paint The Night and a large Marvel parade to co-exist under the trolley wires.

I wonder if MSEP would fit under the wires? lol

Old Mouseketeer

The cm's are in characters, they are suppose to maintain the illusion that the trolleys are running with the electrical wires

And there's only one Mickey Mouse and he runs from Town Square to Goofy's Kitchen to Red Car Newsboys to Magical Map to Parades to Toon Town endlessly for twelve hours every day. Yup.

And that wire attached to the Matterhorn isn't for Tinkerbell--it's Harold's cable service.

Old Mouseketeer

I think I was MiceAge who said they were going to budget money to enhance the wires so they could be moved out of the way for parades.

Just take the damn things down already. They are ugly.

I heard that Mickey barely clears the wires and Ariel's shell can't open all the way. I also heard that the Frozen float might be deleted..

I would be shocked if they spent money to make them moveable (and I can't imagine how that would work).

Old Mouseketeer

Bingo. If the wires weren't there then the trolley cars would just look like themed buses going up and down the streets. Having them there is that extra special detail that you'll only find in a Disney theme park. Of course some people just don't get it.

You mean like in the Roger Rabbit movie? Because the trolleys were literally buses on rubber tires with no tracks and no wires.

SSG

Original Poster
Well, this is vague. 'Area Development' cover a lot of ground.

Received BLD2017-02850 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Area Development -

This was amended to provide slightly more detail.

Received BLD2017-02850 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Site Development includes items that encompass the area outside of the facility buildings.

SSG

Original Poster
Making TDA less of a fishbowl.

Received BLD2017-02866 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 700 W BALL RD Team Disney - Third Floor, location 308 G - Tenant Improvement: 189 s.ft remove existing glass wall and door to construct new door with metal stud wall and solid wall to existing office space.

SSG

Original Poster
Renovations to the Concierge Lounge at GCH.

Received BLD2017-02912 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1600 S DISNEYLAND DR GRAND CALIFORNIAN Grand Californian Hotel - Concierge Lounge Hardgoods/ 6th floor - Tenant Improvement: 3,623 to renovate lounge area and lobby, restrooms to comply with ADA, wall finishes, electrical, plumbing, food/beverage appliances/equipment.

SSG

Original Poster
Utility work continues at the Galaxy's Edge.

Received BLD2017-02995 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR Disneyland - SW - Frontierland - BOH - West Side Chiller Plant BLD #1419 - Tenant Improvement: New exterior free standing stair, (2) ship ladders, all work adjecent to cooling tower to access equipment only. REF: Pad issued under BLD2016-02525/02529

SSG

Original Poster
Getting ready for Navidad:

Received BLD2017-03009 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1616 S DISNEYLAND DR (DCA - Paradise Pier) DCA - Paradise Pier - Bldg 606 - Back of House - Viva Navidad - Miscellaneous: (7) Temporary Event Trailers with ramps (1) Accessible Restroom, includes Electrical, Plumbing. (Temporary use permit from September 15, 2017 to February 22,2018) includes

SSG

Original Poster
Prep for the next Disney Run:

Received BLD2017-03011 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1150 W MAGIC WAY Disneyland Hotel - Magic Parking - Disneyland Half-Marathon 2017 - Temporary installation of performance stages, light trusses, and LED screen. (start date 8-31-2017, end date 9-3-2017)

SSG

Original Poster
River Belle to get some work.

Received BLD2017-03100 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 5311 (Riverbelle Terrace) Disney - River Belle Terrace - Tenant Improvement: 2,458 s.ft reconfigure kitchen and dining area, new interior walls with electrical, mechanical and plumbing. (3) Light poles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom