News Disney considering a service like Uber at WDW - Confirmed as Minnie Van

Mark P.

I still don't think I'd use it as frequently as I use Lyft or Uber, however, $20 to MK and dropped off at the bus stop is one time I'd make an exception.

That seems like it would be worth the extra $$
For parties of two, UberX will (almost) always be cheaper than the $20 flat fee for the vans for rides within property. When we use it to MK, we just have them drop us at the Contemporary and walk over instead.

steffib

I think that $20 is ok...if you're a family and need a car seat. if you use all available seats then you're pretty likely to break even between an uber xl with seats and a minnie van

Mark P.

I think that $20 is ok...if you're a family and need a car seat. if you use all available seats then you're pretty likely to break even between an uber xl with seats and a minnie van
Yeah, if it's just two people, then an UberX will almost always be cheaper. However, with larger parties or those with car seats, it depends on a variety of factors, including surge pricing and tips, and I think many families will opt for the predictable flat rate in those cases. Here's a pretty good review with a cost analysis.

21stamps

I would use this if I was going to/from MK if not staying in the MK resort area.

Other than that, Uber works for my fam, but this is a great option for larger families.

Sunset7132

At $20 a pop regardless of where you go, I would still use Uber. My family loves Uber, and they are so fast and cheap, we don't need a van that can hold 8 people. Cheaper option for more people, maybe. I hope they aren't going to ban Uber - these vans probably don't go off property so I can't really see how they could.
2 of us I'll call Uber still ,20 is steep

mm121

Yeah, if it's just two people, then an UberX will almost always be cheaper. However, with larger parties or those with car seats, it depends on a variety of factors, including surge pricing and tips, and I think many families will opt for the predictable flat rate in those cases. Here's a pretty good review with a cost analysis.

Transportation around Walt Disney World will cost $20 for up to six guests, no matter where you go on Disney property. Minnie Vans will even take a second vehicle at no extra charge if they can’t fit all of your things in one car.
this could be huge for families with lots of kids and strollers, dont know if this is a permanent thing, or a just until they have bigger vehicles thing
Another advantage of Disney’s Minnie Vans is their VIP drop off and pick up locations. Magic Kingdom allows pick up and drop off right at the bus stop instead of the Transportation and Ticket Center which Uber, Lyft, and taxis have to do. This will save the time on the monorails or ferries. Disney Springs drop off locations are next to Cirque Du Soleil and the old Marketplace bus stop. Resorts that take up a large area, like Port Orleans, have numerous drop off spots that allow you to get very close to your room instead of the sporatic bus stops.
thats definitely nice you dont have to get dropped off at the front of the resort

i wonder if they will figure it out so you can get picked up in these locations too as some of the resorts its a long walk from the room to the front lobby
While all the other drop off and pick up locations are confirmed, we are not sure of the exact areas for Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. We were told the current plan is to have Minnie Vans drop off at all bus stops at the parks. This would make sense as it is a Disney run transportation service and would make it very easy for guests going back to their resorts.
This is huge!! not sure where taxi's and ubers drop off at most of the parks to know the distance walked

but seems smart to put these with the buses, as then if a family gets tired of waiting for a bus they could get in this line instead that is if they plan to do a taxi stand type thing of minnie vans

just not sure about the safety of this, as you dont want kids jumping out of their 'minnie van' into the path of a disney bus, would be really bad if a disney bus squished a kid at a theme park

flynnibus

Premium Member
People have said its not really double since it holds 6 and includes 2 car seats, which is an up-charge on uber, and to hold 6 people requires a bigger vehicle than the standard uber

Well if you need car seats or 6 people.. that's great ;) On my last trip staying at Bonnet Creek, my only uber trips over $10 were ones of significant distance.
$12.38 to get up to sand lake road to a bar
$12.72 to get up to I drive to the Blue Martini
$22.97 to get to the airport

From Bonnet Creek to the TTC I paid $10 and $10.15
for trips to DHS I paid $7.02
to EPCOT I paid $6.20

uberXL (for more than 3 people) would have been more.

This is a good deal for some demographics, not so great for others. But being able to drop off at MK and at large resorts if they go near your building, that's a huge benefit too. ubers generally operate out of the taxi stand areas at WDW... so TTC, front door of resorts, and taxi loops at the other parks (which depending on the park.. can be very close)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom