Trip Report Yikes...55 days to go, I better get this thing started! Oh yeah, we're live now

Well, were down to 55 days so I guess we should get this started. You were with us for the 16th, 17th, and the epic bungalow 18th so why not include you in on the 19th! So I guess its time for the WWWW&W,

The Who: The cast for this anniversary debacle should be no surprise:

Me (#BlueSteel)
12647350_10206093027506835_1658091901323373612_n.jpg

DW
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7981811636.jpeg

What can I say, we love each other to death…
11165051_10204581745085719_6034484948852116286_o.jpg

The What: Details to follow.

The When: September 16th-21st. We’re pretty locked into these dates since we are flying for this trip. This will be the rare bubble visit where vacation creep does not play a role like just about all others have for us in the past.

The Where: We’ve got ourselves some banked Poly points so why not burn through those! 5-nights at the Poly will be our longest stretch at the resort and we couldn’t be more excited! Typically we’ve only visited for a single night before or after a cruise.

The Why: 19 years of marital bliss, of course! What better way to earmark an occasion than visiting the house that the mouse built!

More details to follow!

imahistorygeek

I can't believe it's only 55 days away! It will be here before you know it.

This is the anniversary trip before our mega-huge 20/40 trip. The 20/40 trip will be in May 2018.

One thing not mentioned was that we checked into the Poly today. We decided to forego room requests. The options were lower floor, upper floor, and near the elevator. We clicked the little box saying we'd take any room if it was available earlier. So maybe our room will be available before 4pm. Nonetheless, we will probably be at a park and it will not matter anyway.

We may upgrade to water parks this time around, but we're still talking it through.

Yes! We decided to fly again. I had enough SW points for a free RT ticket. Sean had enough points for a discounted RT ticket. In all, we paid $80 for 2 RT tickets from ATL to MCO. We couldn't pass up that deal, and if you remember from last time, I was quite the nervous nelly regarding flying. This is a big step. Side note: We have a flight schedule for Boston in November during Thanksgiving.

Saturday, Sept 16 - We arrive via Magical Express. Go to parks. Swim in pool. Eat Polynesian Feast.
Sunday, Sept 17 - Same as before, but Artist Point (new for us) for dinner.
Monday, Sept 18 - Same and Skipper Canteen (new for us) for dinner. I'm not 100% sold on this yet. I may change our ADR.
Tuesday, Sept 19 - Same and Il Mulino. This is one of the WDW restaurants. If you haven't tried it, you should.
Wednesday, Sept 20 - Same and Jiko. This is another one of my favs. We love AKL so much. I'll never understand why some don't like it. As most of you know, it's one of our home resorts and we always feel so welcome and comfortable there. Even when we don't stay there, we still manage to hang out at the resort.
Thursday, Sept 21 - We go home. Boo.

CtDisneyGuy33

#bluesteel = #highratings

Well, were down to 55 days so I guess we should get this started. You were with us for the 16th, 17th, and the epic bungalow 18th so why not include you in on the 19th! So I guess its time for the WWWW&W,

The Who: The cast for this anniversary debacle should be no surprise:

Me (#BlueSteel)
View attachment 217377

DW
View attachment 217378

What can I say, we love each other to death…
View attachment 217379

The What: Details to follow.

The When: September 16th-21st. We’re pretty locked into these dates since we are flying for this trip. This will be the rare bubble visit where vacation creep does not play a role like just about all others have for us in the past.

The Where: We’ve got ourselves some banked Poly points so why not burn through those! 5-nights at the Poly will be our longest stretch at the resort and we couldn’t be more excited! Typically we’ve only visited for a single night before or after a cruise.

The Why: 19 years of marital bliss, of course! What better way to earmark an occasion than visiting the house that the mouse built!

More details to follow!

cfry06

Sounds like great plans to me! Poly is awesome, especially for those park/pool days. I think I feel about Poly the way you feel about AKL! We loved AKL too though, especially the pool at Kidani.

Poly Feast - yeah!

We have Skipper Canteen booked in December. Feel the same way!! Have read mixed reviews, want to try something new, but just not sure! Will be interested to hear your thoughts!

As always, thanks for sharing your plans/report! Fun to travel 'along'!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Sorry - meant to ask, is it true that F&W is now bringing in Golden Monkey solely based on your trip reports??? #impactplayer
I cant comment on this other than to say yes...yes I am the sole reason there is going to be a Victory booth at the America pavilion exclusively serving Golden Monkey.;):D
#GMisntevenmyfavoriteVictorybrew

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I arrive on the 23rd, or I would surely have crashed that Golden Monkey party. :(

I see what you did there. :cautious:

We clicked the little box saying we'd take any room if it was available earlier. So maybe our room will be available before 4pm.

The one and only drawback to DVC. The rooms are so rarely ready before 4pm check in time.

Saturday, Sept 16 - We arrive via Magical Express. Go to parks. Swim in pool. Eat Polynesian Feast.
Sunday, Sept 17 - Same as before, but Artist Point (new for us) for dinner.
Monday, Sept 18 - Same and Skipper Canteen (new for us) for dinner. I'm not 100% sold on this yet. I may change our ADR.
Tuesday, Sept 19 - Same and Il Mulino. This is one of the WDW restaurants. If you haven't tried it, you should.
Wednesday, Sept 20 - Same and Jiko. This is another one of my favs. We love AKL so much. I'll never understand why some don't like it. As most of you know, it's one of our home resorts and we always feel so welcome and comfortable there. Even when we don't stay there, we still manage to hang out at the resort.

Artist Point has been a favorite of ours, it's been up and down over the years, but the last time we ate there it was up, so I'm hopeful that you'll have a great meal. If you like mushrooms, you must have the Portobello soup. I was disappointed in the bison, but my DH liked it a lot. I've since realized I just don't like bison. :)

Skipper Canteen was a great experience for us, we had a wonderful waitress who made it a lot of fun, and we enjoyed the food. I think that they have since taken some of the "adventure" out of the menu, but even when it debuted, the adventurously-named "tastes like chicken" was actually chicken, prepared rather basically.

sheriffwoody

I enjoyed Skipper Canteen! My husband was just so-so about it, but I would totally go again. I got the chicken, and really liked it! He got the noodle bowl and liked it, but I tasted it and thought it was super bland. So...maybe don't get the noodles. Also our server was weird and not fun, but I think that was just a fluke. I think I just liked eating dinner in MK, which we never do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom