Unique Discount Code

jazznrachie

My family and I booked our vacation months ago for October 2017. We're staying at the Yacht Club this time around. Like many others, I've been patiently awaiting discounts to be announced for the time period that we'll be there. I'm shocked we haven't seen anything yet as the latest I've seen discounts come for October is maybe June. Anyway, my mom just had a unique discount code sent to her for being a past guest. I have not. Go figure...I've been there way more times than her. Does anyone know...are those codes specific to the person they were sent to, or is that something I can use if I don't receive anything in the mail?

jazznrachie

Original Poster
The code is only for the guest it is sent to. The fact that you have been "way more times" than your mom actually hurts your chances of getting a unique discount code. Disney knows you'll be back so codes tend to be sent to guests who visit infrequently.
Thanks. I figured that might be the case.

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

october is a REALLY difficult time for discounts. the first fall promo (free delicious offer) didn't include october at all, and this latest promo (20% room) has had very limited availability. :banghead:

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

My family and I booked our vacation months ago for October 2017. We're staying at the Yacht Club this time around. Like many others, I've been patiently awaiting discounts to be announced for the time period that we'll be there. I'm shocked we haven't seen anything yet as the latest I've seen discounts come for October is maybe June. Anyway, my mom just had a unique discount code sent to her for being a past guest. I have not. Go figure...I've been there way more times than her. Does anyone know...are those codes specific to the person they were sent to, or is that something I can use if I don't receive anything in the mail?

They are typically for only for the named guest. Some times people report getting CMs who can use it on other reservations, but that's usually for situations where Grandma was listed as living at the same address type scenario.

Upvote 0

Rsj88

Several years ago I called because my mom got a code and I asked if I could use it. They said no but looked up my account and said I had the same offer although I had never received anything or missed it if I did. I doesn't hurt to ask. ;)

Upvote 0

DisneyDaver

I'd love to know how WDW determines who gets the codes in the mail. I had not received them for years and then, shortly after my daughter was born, I received 2 over a 1 year period. Do they somehow know though all their data gathering? Was I looking at WDW websites that were more baby related and they picked up on that?

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I'd love to know how WDW determines who gets the codes in the mail. I had not received them for years and then, shortly after my daughter was born, I received 2 over a 1 year period. Do they somehow know though all their data gathering? Was I looking at WDW websites that were more baby related and they picked up on that?

It's a bit of hoodoo and voodoo with some black magic and data mining mixed in for good measure. You may have gotten sample issues of/subscription to a family magazine owned by Disney or who sold their list to Disney, or maybe you signed up for a contest that they sponsored. They may simply noticed a shift in your browsing habits, or based on past data you have provided them, decided you fit whatever criteria for a discount (age, location, travel habits) and decided to send you one. The amount of data that 3rd parties have collected on us is astonishing. The fact you just had a new addition may have been completely unrelated and coincidental.

Upvote 0

jazznrachie

Original Poster
october is a REALLY difficult time for discounts. the first fall promo (free delicious offer) didn't include october at all, and this latest promo (20% room) has had very limited availability. :banghead:
So I've noticed. I've usually gone in October & I don't remember it being this difficult. Maybe I need to switch the time of year I go.

Upvote 0

jazznrachie

Original Poster
Several years ago I called because my mom got a code and I asked if I could use it. They said no but looked up my account and said I had the same offer although I had never received anything or missed it if I did. I doesn't hurt to ask. ;)
Thanks! It doesn't hurt to try I guess! At least I'll be told to have a magical day at the end of the conversation!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom