working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning I slept in for a change.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I got 5 miles and weights in and may eat raw today seeing I'm one kid short and there's food in the fridge and pea soup in the crock pot for my dh and one ds who's home with us. Sometimes raw is for health and sometimes for lazy:joyfull:

93boomer

Premium Member
Thanks! That actually looks great! Guess I know what to ask for for my birthday/Christmas this year. I was going cross-eyed trying to figure out all the features of each different one. I'll have to watch for sales!
Hi Songbird76! My DH and I got the Fitbit Alta. It was on sale at Walmart. At the time, I didn't care about having the heart rate monitor on it. We pretty much just wanted to keep up with our steps and have alerts to keep moving each hour (esp. my DH who sits in the office a whole lot). We can also receive texts and cell phone alerts. We are really enjoying using ours. Whichever one you get, I feel sure that you will love it.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning guys!! Back to the Monday grind. DH and I took off a few days to enjoy our Atlanta Braves in Atlanta. It was an awesome game! It was our first visit to the new stadium at SunTrust Park. Very intimate setting. You actually feel part of the game and can see all the players now. We had some awesome bbq and Terrapin beer at the Park.
The weather was very humid, which is normal for Atlanta. We explored the region since the old stadium was near downtown before. We found some cute places to visit next trip. @epcotisbest if we knew what neck of the woods you lived in, we would have stopped by for lunch! Lol
So back to work for hubby and laundry for me. Painting will begin again this week. At least with the heat we are having, it really dries quickly. lol It was good to get some down time instead of painting this weekend. Hope you guys have a wonderful day!!:)

StarWarsGirl

So I have news to share...I went shorts shopping this weekend. I boight the exact same shorts I have. Only one size down. :D Yep, I dropped a shorts size. I'm very prou dof myself.

I also stepped on the scale, not really for weighing myself, but my cat has been underweight, so I have to weight her periodically to make sure she's gaining it back. I actually have lost weight. This is unusual because normally, I'll slim down, but replace my weight with muscle, so it stays the same, but it actually dropped.

I credit the drop to avocado. I eat avocado at least once a day, and I think it's helping. Breakfast is usually avocado on toast, and sometimes I'll add it to a salad or sandwich or quesadilla later. I went away for a long weekend and didn't have avocado, and I was craving it by the time I got back. I guess my body really needs the fats in avocado.

I've been focusing a good bit on strength during my workouts. Yesterday I mostly worked with my weights, and I did 40 jackknives, which is a new record for me. I worked on buns and thighs a little bit, but not too much. Tonight I'm going to a baseball game, so I will walk to and from the game and maybe around the stadium in lieu or a workout. And not eat that much junk...

Songbird76

Good for you, @StarWarsGirl!

So I worked tonight and it was nice weather, so I rode my bike. I had no problems getting there, but I was about half way home and my knee started grumbling. By the time I was 2/3 of the way home, my knee was screaming at me and I had to get off the bike and walk it for a bit. It feels like someone is sticking a knife in the joint and the bones are grinding up against it. Every time I pedal, it just hurts so much and there's no more strength behind it, so I physically can not go one bit further. So I guess no biking for me tomorrow night! Hopefully by the end of the week, it will be back to normal.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So I have news to share...I went shorts shopping this weekend. I boight the exact same shorts I have. Only one size down. :D Yep, I dropped a shorts size. I'm very prou dof myself.

I also stepped on the scale, not really for weighing myself, but my cat has been underweight, so I have to weight her periodically to make sure she's gaining it back. I actually have lost weight. This is unusual because normally, I'll slim down, but replace my weight with muscle, so it stays the same, but it actually dropped.

I credit the drop to avocado. I eat avocado at least once a day, and I think it's helping. Breakfast is usually avocado on toast, and sometimes I'll add it to a salad or sandwich or quesadilla later. I went away for a long weekend and didn't have avocado, and I was craving it by the time I got back. I guess my body really needs the fats in avocado.

I've been focusing a good bit on strength during my workouts. Yesterday I mostly worked with my weights, and I did 40 jackknives, which is a new record for me. I worked on buns and thighs a little bit, but not too much. Tonight I'm going to a baseball game, so I will walk to and from the game and maybe around the stadium in lieu or a workout. And not eat that much junk...

WOW! That's great!! :happy:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster

WOO HOO congrats on finding what works for you and for having some time to shop:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good for you, @StarWarsGirl!

So I worked tonight and it was nice weather, so I rode my bike. I had no problems getting there, but I was about half way home and my knee started grumbling. By the time I was 2/3 of the way home, my knee was screaming at me and I had to get off the bike and walk it for a bit. It feels like someone is sticking a knife in the joint and the bones are grinding up against it. Every time I pedal, it just hurts so much and there's no more strength behind it, so I physically can not go one bit further. So I guess no biking for me tomorrow night! Hopefully by the end of the week, it will be back to normal.
Please be careful and go to a doctor if it doesn't get better, Prayers and pixie dust xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning kickboxing to start my day and I'll get out for a walk before things go boom again later. All these storms are cutting into my pool time:mad::mad::mad::mad: The only good thing about being forced inside is I'll have time to make some roast peppers for a spread and some for salads

DisneyPrincess5

Hi thread members!

I've posted here before about wanting to lose weight for Disney and you guys are great motivation.
Now that DH and I are almost 100% certain that we'll be visiting next May, I feel like I've got something to work for (other than me, of course). I've been making better food choices, eating healthier portions, and moving more. Grad school stress sometimes effects my appetite too which isn't great but it is what it is. Summer helps for sure too, being outdoors and moving that way more. I've lost 5 lbs weight already, and my goal is to lose 20-30 lbs by next May and to regain some semblance of my strength and tone. I am confident in my abilities to meet my goal (relatively) easily if I stick to my plan.

I have been very conscious of not trying super hard because I'm in a wedding in 2 months and I've had the dress since May, before I planned to lose. My body cannot change too much or else the dress won't fit and I'm not in the position to pay for more than minor alterations, if even that which I'm trying to avoid. My job now is maintain what I've lost and I think I have some wiggle room to lose a few more and have the dress still fit well.

I'll be kicking my plan into hyperdrive once the wedding is over and I feel great about it! I'm actually kind of sad that I can't do it that way now. Who is this talking. Progress right?

Thank you everyone for your motivation and inspiration!!!

epcotisbest

Hi thread members!

I've posted here before about wanting to lose weight for Disney and you guys are great motivation.
Now that DH and I are almost 100% certain that we'll be visiting next May, I feel like I've got something to work for (other than me, of course). I've been making better food choices, eating healthier portions, and moving more. Grad school stress sometimes effects my appetite too which isn't great but it is what it is. Summer helps for sure too, being outdoors and moving that way more. I've lost 5 lbs weight already, and my goal is to lose 20-30 lbs by next May and to regain some semblance of my strength and tone. I am confident in my abilities to meet my goal (relatively) easily if I stick to my plan.

I have been very conscious of not trying super hard because I'm in a wedding in 2 months and I've had the dress since May, before I planned to lose. My body cannot change too much or else the dress won't fit and I'm not in the position to pay for more than minor alterations, if even that which I'm trying to avoid. My job now is maintain what I've lost and I think I have some wiggle room to lose a few more and have the dress still fit well.

I'll be kicking my plan into hyperdrive once the wedding is over and I feel great about it! I'm actually kind of sad that I can't do it that way now. Who is this talking. Progress right?

At the risk of hurting your feelings, I am going to just say I am amazed and confused that you would put a wedding, and fitting in a wedding dress, ahead of better health and a better you.
If you are motivated and have already started losing weight and feeling better, the time to get, as you put it, "into hyperdrive" is now.
Now, being a typical male, and of course having never had to choose between striving to be more healthy and fitting into a dress, maybe I don't understand the importance of the dress and the wedding.
I would think the person you are in the wedding for would want you to be healthy too. I imagine if the dress is loose fitting at the wedding, it would not make a whole heck of a lot of difference to the big day, but again I admit I will never be in that situation or understand the importance of the wedding over your own health.
If you delay doing what is best for you now, what is going to stop you from coming up with another reason to delay it after the wedding?
A bit of explanation about why I think now is the time to get serious...I was pre-diabetic and knew I needed to make changes immediately and I did not. I told myself it was not that big of a deal and I could exercise and lose weight whenever I got good and ready. Now, I am diabetic, have to take multiple medications and watch what I eat and exercise regularly or I just feel awful. My insurance rates are high, medication that I now have to have is costly and life is much different, all because I put off taking better care of myself. The reason I had was I was just not ready to be serious about it.
Bottom line, good luck and congratulations on planning to get healthier. Making that decision and sticking with it is the first and most important step, but, and I think this is important, you have to decide to do this for you and for those who love you, because a healthier you is important to them too.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
At the risk of hurting your feelings, I am going to just say I am amazed and confused that you would put a wedding, and fitting in a wedding dress, ahead of better health and a better you.
If you are motivated and have already started losing weight and feeling better, the time to get, as you put it, "into hyperdrive" is now.
Now, being a typical male, and of course having never had to choose between striving to be more healthy and fitting into a dress, maybe I don't understand the importance of the dress and the wedding.
I would think the person you are in the wedding for would want you to be healthy too. I imagine if the dress is loose fitting at the wedding, it would not make a whole heck of a lot of difference to the big day, but again I admit I will never be in that situation or understand the importance of the wedding over your own health.
If you delay doing what is best for you now, what is going to stop you from coming up with another reason to delay it after the wedding?
A bit of explanation about why I think now is the time to get serious...I was pre-diabetic and knew I needed to make changes immediately and I did not. I told myself it was not that big of a deal and I could exercise and lose weight whenever I got good and ready. Now, I am diabetic, have to take multiple medications and watch what I eat and exercise regularly or I just feel awful. My insurance rates are high, medication that I now have to have is costly and life is much different, all because I put off taking better care of myself. The reason I had was I was just not ready to be serious about it.
Bottom line, good luck and congratulations on planning to get healthier. Making that decision and sticking with it is the first and most important step, but, and I think this is important, you have to decide to do this for you and for those who love you, because a healthier you is important to them too.
In addition to what he said 20 pounds is about 2 dress sizes which can easily be done by just taking in the side seams by somebody who can sew an almost straight line. So if you lose about a pound a week there shouldn't be much of any issue with the dress. I had to do it for somebody who lost 40 pounds after getting a dress for a wedding. It was a bit more complicated but not much and well worth it. i personally think a one time a one time alteration fee is worth way more than having to spend on medication later, not to mention possible permanent damage. I am sorry if that came out as a bit harsh. Good luck and happy trip planning

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hi thread members!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I think you've done well so far making some adjustments in your diet, and have a balanced outlook on maintaining what you have lost to date. I'm sure you're busy prior to a wedding and your energy is probably pulled in many directions now. Best of luck to you with all your plans. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning, @StarWarsGirl had today almost right 5 indoor miles, weights, tea and moving meditation this morning:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I currently have a few eggplants, 18 peppers and a tray of beets roasting:joyfull: I also have my kale picked and salad veggies chopped(except for tomatoes those I keep and like at room temperature). That being said I have some lounge and splash time at the pool scheduled today:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

93boomer

Premium Member

Congrats!! How is your cat doing? Better I hope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom