Trip Report Fairytales Do Come True...

Well friends, we've returned from a magical, rainy, pixie dust filled trip that will NEVER be topped in my book. :) I have so much to share with you that I simply couldn't wait any longer! The first post is a little word-heavy, but I promise the rest of the report will have LOTS of pictures!

Here's my PTR if you'd like to read it!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/prince-charmings-1st-trip-june-2017.922944/

Here we go! :joyfull:

Tuesday, 6/6

We had a 4pm flight out of Pittsburgh so fortunately didn't have to rush around much the morning that we left. We did some last minute packing and cleaning before loading everything up and heading to drop Tink off at my parents' house. She spent the first 4 days there and the last 4 days with Dylan's mom (and her wiener dog boyfriend :angelic:).

It's never easy leaving this sweet little baby. :( She knew something was up! Fortunately she was a good girl all week and had lots of fun with her grandmas! ;)
IMG_0047.JPG

Disney here we come!!!!! :joyfull:
IMG_0050.JPG

We were on the road a few minutes after 1pm and it didn't take long for me to take over Dylan's Pandora with the Disney station. :p We arrived at 3pm and parking was a nightmare! We were starting to really cut it close and I was stressing. We went to check our bags and were informed that our flight was delayed until 7:30pm due to weather. It was extremely frustrating to be delayed, but it was a blessing in disguise because we were so short on time. So much for having time to do something on arrival day. :(

We went to TGI Friday's for some snacks. Dylan had pretzels and I had French Onion Soup. I was dreaming about BOG soup. :hungry: It was fine, nothing spectacular! But it filled our tummies and held us over until we got to Orlando.
IMG_0052.JPG

After our long delay, we finally boarded our flight and took off right on time at 7:30pm.

fullsizeoutput_3640.jpeg

Let me just preface the next part of my report by saying we literally had the BEST flight crew ever! They were so much fun!

The flight attendants went through the typical safety speech but when they were done, one came back over the intercom and said, "I've been asked what to do if you have more than one child. Which one should you put the mask on first? You put it on the one who has the most earning potential OR the one who's going to change your diapers in the years to come. Because that's coming." :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

When we started our descent into Orlando, the same flight attendant came back on and sang our landing directions to the tune of "She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain." Then, another flight attendant came on and sang a farewell song to the tune of "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah." I wish I would have recorded them so I could remember the words. They were HILARIOUS! I love Southwest. :)

We finally landed at 9:30pm and headed to ME. Dylan stopped for some McDonalds in the food court on the way, lol. My mom bought me a Belle MagicBand for Christmas and I had called the day before to get it activated because it wasn't letting me do it myself. Well, it still wasn't working when I scanned it at the ME counter. :cautious: Fortunately, I had thrown my band for this trip in my carry on so scanned it for the time being.

Being that we landed close to 10pm, I wasn't sure about whether or not ME would get our luggage for us. The CM at the counter said we were fine and they would get it. It made me a little nervous, but we took her word for it.
IMG_0054.JPG

We boarded a boring Mears bus at 10:10 and pulled out a few minutes later. The welcome video was broken so we watched Brave instead. :(
IMG_0055.JPG

We arrived home at 10:45pm! :joyfull: This is the best I could do, lol.
IMG_0056.JPG

We went to the front desk to get my MagicBand fixed which only took a few minutes. I also never received my "room ready" text so had to figure out where we were staying. We were in the Hoops Hotel section! I took these pictures later in the week since it was dark when we arrived. :)
IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

I had requested a first floor room, thinking it would be nice to not have to walk up and down steps or ride the elevator. It ended up being pretty noisy with all the people walking by. We're both heavy sleepers and even more so because we were always exhausted at the end of the day, so it wasn't a huge deal. But I just thought it was worth mentioning for those of you who are light sleepers or have little ones!

We stopped in the food court for a snack and our mugs, as we were on the dining plan. We ate our snacks in our room and then hopped into bed!

I woke up at 3:30am and we still didn't have our luggage. There was a message on the phone that was left at 1am saying our luggage was there.. to call when we needed it and they would bring it to the room. I went back to sleep and called when we got up at 6:30am. I was on hold for 15 minutes and when they answered, was told luggage services didn't open until 7am. :cautious: Then why did you leave me a message saying to call when I wanted it delivered? Our luggage arrived a few minutes after 7am so it ended up being fine.

Next up, Magic Kingdom!!!! :joyfull:

7,183 steps
5.74 miles

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
So exciting! I hope that you're getting settled into your new home nicely, you sure do look like you fit right into your new neighborhood!

Slowly but surely! Trying to keep myself away from WDW long enough to finish unpacking. :p

Very cool!!! Congrats. I'm sure we will be seeing a few more trip reports from you in the next little while.

Thanks! I have two day trips to write about (on top of finishing our big trip), so watch out for them! Still trying to decide on the best way to go about it since I'll have frequent day trips to write about.. One big thread with a table of contents?? Lol

:) So happy to hear that the move went smoothly!
Very exciting that you got to see your classroom! You will have to fill me in on the details. One of my favorite parts of being a teacher is setting up my classroom. So happy for you!
Love the Passholder photo! @Zipitidoda and I must be twins separated at birth because I'm pretty sure I looked just like her when I caught my reflection in the mirror after seeing your post :hilarious:!
Can't wait for the rest of your TR!

Thank you! :) I'll be sure to share pictures of my room when it's ready to go! It'll be Disney themed after all. ;) Hoping to get in there early this week!

@blgauger did you feel my eyes getting greener. I know @LisaBelle did because twins have that secret intuition. ;):hilarious:

Actually I'm soooo excited for you. Livin'. The. Dream.

Lol! I thought I had a funny feeling after posting that picture. :p

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I'll try not to flaunt it too much. ;)

Whatever you do, do not tell us how long it takes to get from your new place to WDW Front Gate!!! :)

**Ahem.. 20 minutes with traffic.. :p

Time to put on the big girl britches and get one of these then...
View attachment 215462

I just brought it up to Dylan yesterday! It's on the list of important purchases to be made once school starts and I get a paycheck again. ;)

So jealous...but at the same time so happy for you both! Congratulations on the new purchase:joyfull:

Thank you! :joyfull:

Hey @blgauger
Nice job holding your pass with your left hand
We all get another closeup look at the ....
View attachment 215660
on your finger

Max

Lol! That's actually my right hand.. Using the front camera on my phone. ;) The ring you see was the place holder for the real rock! :p

susan lees

We are officially Florida residents! :joyfull: We had some minor issues with getting into our apartment but nothing major. The trip was long, but smooth so we feel very fortunate! Our place is in a great area with about anything you could ever need within 5 miles. I stopped in to see my classroom yesterday and was thrilled! I'm so excited to get in there and get things setup.

My computer is finally being repaired, so I'll be back to get caught up on everything I've missed here soon! :D

Still lots of unpacking and organizing to do, but we're here and happy! Thank you all for your well wishes and I'll be back with an update next week! :)
Happy New home :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
I feel like you right now... I just took the plunge & got one!! My mom is a DVC member so the Platinum Plus Pass was 25% off, and since I'm taking 2 trips in 2018 (maybe 3) it just made sense! Bye bye money, hello Mickey!!

Yay exciting! I feel as if my AP is actually costing me more money because I feel the need to buy all the food and snacks when I'm there. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom