The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
That seems a bit over the top. My kids have never needed to bring home any homework. They get it done in class. Except for reports/presentations. And they do have things they can review for....like topography, spelling (not anymore, but they used to), history...they get a paper with key words on it. DD is very good about it, DS is not. But that's the only thing they've ever brought home. They've GOT to have time to be kids.
james doesn't seem to have had too much homework in middle school except when he has overlapping courses. I just realized i typed doesn't instead of didn't, he's going into high school in a few weeks. he's already started music there:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

betty rose

I know, how cool is that! :cool:
The hotel is haunted, but they put mattresses in the boarded up building, of those who died over the years. That place is scary, with the midnight tour. Just a few weeks before a woman became possesed. They had to have an ambulance take her away. Daughter did an article for a Magazine in Australia focusing on the Stanley. It has many reporting's of haunting's. The building cannot be entered unless you sign a waiver before entering. You have to be over 21 to enter, and it's only at midnight. I want no part of that....seems way to scary to me. And after Hawaii, I want no part of ghost hunts. We got the scare of our life in Hawaii.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The hotel is haunted, but they put mattresses in the boarded up building, of those who died over the years. That place is scary, with the midnight tour. Just a few weeks before a woman became possesed. They had to have an ambulance take her away. Daughter did an article for a Magazine in Australia focusing on the Stanley. It has many reporting's of haunting's. The building cannot be entered unless you sign a waiver before entering. You have to be over 21 to enter, and it's only at midnight. I want no part of that....seems way to scary to me. And after Hawaii, I want no part of ghost hunts. We got the scare of our life in Hawaii.
No thank you! To think my boys want to do HHN at UNI:eek::eek::eek:

Songbird76

I almost forgot to tell you thank you from my boys they celebrated hot dog day yesterday
Oh, yes, Thank you @MOXOMUMD! There was a weird dancing hot dog video on Facebook and people were wondering why this was circulating, and I was able to clue them in that it was Hot Dog day. I wouldn't have known that without the countdown...apparently it's not one of the holidays that people really know about.

Songbird76

james doesn't seem to have had too much homework in middle school except when he has overlapping courses. I just realized i typed doesn't instead of didn't, he's going into high school in a few weeks. he's already started music there:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
DD still has one more year of Elementary school. DS has 2 years. But they don't give much homework here in elementary. And the amount of homeworkin HS is directly proportional to which kind of high school you do here. If you do VWO like DD wants to do, you get a lot of homework. If you do VMBO-Basis like a couple of her friends, they probably won't get much homework. The higher level of school you go to, the more homework you have.

donaldtoo

View attachment 215556
We are spending our first night at All Star Music since we came a day early. The Cabins were unavailable for a Passholder discount for tonight. First observations. The sofa bed when we opened it had a washer and screw pop out while we unfolded it. Went to the bedroom to call and inform housekeeping. Phone was dead. Checked the phone cord. It was cut. Went to the other phone now and called to inform them about the sofa and the phone. :confused:

The bathrooms and kitchenette area look clean.

Loads of Brazilians. Went to get an early dinner just before 5. Got here at 4. The food court was empty. Went to order. Turned around and boom, like magic, there was a teenage Brazilian tour group behind us. :jawdrop:Timing is everything.
Got pizza for kids. I had a veggie burger. )shocker.) Dh had a chicken caesar salad. All was good.
View attachment 215557 View attachment 215559

We've stayed in ASMusic family suites 3 times and have enjoyed it every time...!!! :)

donaldtoo

Pics of resort and room. Actually waiting for a new sofa bed to be delivered. Put 2 kids in bedroom to sleep. 2 are on a pull out chair and cot disguised as an ottoman. Dh and I will take the sofa bed when it comes. It sucks because we have been up since 1:30 this morning and are exhausted.
View attachment 215582 View attachment 215583 View attachment 215585 View attachment 215586 View attachment 215587 View attachment 215588

Hahaaa...!
I took a pic of that wall art, too...! :)

image.jpeg

As well as this one...! :)

image.jpeg

donaldtoo

Okay. So it was 10:05pm. Dh fell asleep on a chair in the bedroom. Two kids in the bed in the bedroom. Two others in the beds in the living area. I decided to stay up and wait for the sofa bed. I had called between 8:30 and 9:00 and was told that one was coming. When I called after 10, the guy answering the phone said that they thought I wanted a room change. I said no. I was told that we were just getting a sofa bed delivered. He got a supervisor who came on the line and said that the furniture guys had already left for the day and that they had called us to get us a new room. Turns out they called our house number and not the cell number I gave at online check in. She offered to still change rooms for us and I said that 5/6 of us were asleep. I also informed her about the call the previous hour where I was assured a sofa was coming. In the end we received a $100 credit on our account and a roll away, which I am waiting for now. I just feel like opening the sofa bed and sleeping on it. Too tired for emoji placement. Feel free to add where necessary.

The like is for the $100 credit. ;)

BuddyThomas

For absolutely no reason except that it's Monday and I'm not going to those political boards anymore, here is Ben Platt in his Tony winning role in DEAR EVAN HANSEN singing For Forever.

Set up for the song: Evan is a lonely kid with social anxiety disorder who has broken his arm by falling out of a tree, but he has subsequently told an elaborate lie saying he was best friends with a deceased classmate (Evan had no real friends). Nothing he says in this song ever happened. It's just his fantasy of having a close friend. Here is FOR FOREVER from basically the best musical of the year.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom