Need opinions please!!! Old thread renewed, dead center aft Fantasy deck 7 or 9?

Fantasy deck 7 or 9? Both dead center AFT.

• Deck 7

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Deck 9

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Doesn’t matter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
As the title says, we just booked our first cruise a few days ago. We booked room 8596 on the Dream which is a Deluxe family verandah room. I'm doing some research and just found in a few spots that some rooms have what looks to be a cosmetic piece of metal running vertically between two verandas. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if my room will be one of these, as it wasn't listed as obstructed view. It's not a huge deal, but if we can avoid it we'd like to. Anyone else have a room with this, were you bothered by it?
dsc02629-small-jpg.227667

MaryJaneP

We had metal dividers between our verandah and those on either side of us. Not a big deal for us and we were able to look fore and aft to our hearts desire. But maybe it is more of an issue for some than it was for us. Have a great cruise whatever you decide.

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
That's not obstructed as it's right in the middle of the plexiglass. The rooms towards the front and aft that have the metal curving into the verandah are obstructed. I've been in 6552 and 6588. You're fine.

oh you're right, i saw the slightly larger space between my room and room 8598, and assumed thats what the divider was. I see the curved pieces though, for example between rooms 7624 and 7626. Well thanks, that makes me feel better. I was informed by someone in a direct message that the AFT rooms with the extended verandahs are spectacular. I may switch to one of those anyway....I leaned toward mid to avoid as much "movement" as possible, but i know plenty of people say they never really feel a thing anywhere on the ship.

Oh, by the way, congrats on booking your first cruise. I hope you have a blast.

Thanks, we can't wait!!!

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
We had metal dividers between our verandah and those on either side of us. Not a big deal for us and we were able to look fore and aft to our hearts desire. But maybe it is more of an issue for some than it was for us. Have a great cruise whatever you decide.

Thanks. Its not really that big of a deal i don't think....just one of those things that if we know about it, we'll avoid it if possible.

EOD K9

oh you're right, i saw the slightly larger space between my room and room 8598, and assumed thats what the divider was. I see the curved pieces though, for example between rooms 7624 and 7626. Well thanks, that makes me feel better. I was informed by someone in a direct message that the AFT rooms with the extended verandahs are spectacular. I may switch to one of those anyway....I leaned toward mid to avoid as much "movement" as possible, but i know plenty of people say they never really feel a thing anywhere on the ship.

Thanks, we can't wait!!!
I've been on 6 cruises. The two rooms I mentioned are pretty much in the middle and had no issues. I was also on 8510 on the Magic which is right towards the front and had zero issues. The ships are really stable.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
As the title says, we just booked our first cruise a few days ago. We booked room 8596 on the Dream which is a Deluxe family verandah room. I'm doing some research and just found in a few spots that some rooms have what looks to be a cosmetic piece of metal running vertically between two verandas. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if my room will be one of these, as it wasn't listed as obstructed view. It's not a huge deal, but if we can avoid it we'd like to. Anyone else have a room with this, were you bothered by it?
dsc02629-small-jpg.227667

It almost sounds like you're referring to the privacy dividers between each stateroom's verandah. If your sailing party has two or more adjacent staterooms, those can be opened up for a long verandah that's shared between the rooms. If you don't know your next door neighbor, those dividers are a good thing. ;) And they don't obstruct your view, which is considered from the railing.

The aft verandahs are spectacular, I've stayed in 7194, 9174 and 7690 on the Dream, and my favorite is 7194. Here's a photo of the entire verandah, and one of the view from the verandah:
IMG_1838.JPG

IMG_1860.JPG

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
It almost sounds like you're referring to the privacy dividers between each stateroom's verandah. If your sailing party has two or more adjacent staterooms, those can be opened up for a long verandah that's shared between the rooms. If you don't know your next door neighbor, those dividers are a good thing. ;) And they don't obstruct your view, which is considered from the railing.

The aft verandahs are spectacular, I've stayed in 7194, 9174 and 7690 on the Dream, and my favorite is 7194. Here's a photo of the entire verandah, and one of the view from the verandah:
View attachment 216184

View attachment 216185

I did attach a photo, it's not showing up on my end anymore. Not sure if you see it? It's not the white dividing wall, it's a cosmetic piece of metal on the outside of the ship that restricts part of the view. Not a huge deal but was wondering if the room I booked had it.

Those verandahs look amazing! Did you notice any more movement aft as compared to mid or forward? Most people say these boats don't move much but I like getting as many opinions as possible. Thanks for your help!!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I did attach a photo, it's not showing up on my end anymore. Not sure if you see it? It's not the white dividing wall, it's a cosmetic piece of metal on the outside of the ship that restricts part of the view. Not a huge deal but was wondering if the room I booked had it.

Those verandahs look amazing! Did you notice any more movement aft as compared to mid or forward? Most people say these boats don't move much but I like getting as many opinions as possible. Thanks for your help!!!

No, I don't see a photo in your post. But the room you've booked is in the center of the ship and would not have any sort of obstructed view like that. I think the obstructed views are their own booking category, too. Navigator's verandahs have obstructed views because they have the "faux" portholes.

Assuming calm waters during the cruise, the only time that there is noticeable movement in an aft stateroom is when the ship is docking. There is a tremendous amount of shuddering and engine noise during that time, but it doesn't bother me at all, and even if it did, the trade-off for that view is worth it. ;)

We ran into rough seas on our March Bahamian cruise, and believe me, every stateroom felt the motion. :)

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
So we went ahead and switched our stateroom to room #8188. We'll be dead center aft with a huge Verandah, can't wait!!! Thanks to everyone for your help!

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
Awesome, enjoy! Make sure whoever is in 8188 takes good care of it for me!! hahaha. So jealous, we're at 479 days and i could cry lol

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
It'll be here before you know it. I've been on Halloween cruises, but never Merrytime, so now I'm jealous! ;)

haha i hope! Yeah we've never seen Disney World decorated for Christmas, so we'll do that for a few nights first then do the Merrytime Cruise! Knocking out a bunch of "firsts" in one trip!

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster

View attachment 216184

View attachment 216185

Hate to bring up such an old thread...Long story short, before the trip I was planning in this thread my daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia (she's doing fantastic now) and we had to cancel that trip. Well we just got back from our first DCL vacation, her Make A wish trip! It was 4 nights out of port Canaveral to CC and Nassau, we had a blast! I booked a placeholder and am now looking into our next cruise, we're heading to WDW in May so the cruise will wait till 2021. I'm kind of leaning toward NYC to San Juan in the fall of 2021, but in the meantime I see some great rooms available for a 7 night Caribbean cruise out of Port Canaveral, those rooms being 9176 and 7194. Both dead center aft. Is there any reason to choose one over the other do you think? Theres a chance I may move my placeholder and deposit to a New York sailing that I mentioned, but I kinda want to reserve this just in case we decide to go this route instead. Thanks for your help!!!

lostpro9het

Hate to bring up such an old thread...Long story short, before the trip I was planning in this thread my daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia (she's doing fantastic now) and we had to cancel that trip. Well we just got back from our first DCL vacation, her Make A wish trip! It was 4 nights out of port Canaveral to CC and Nassau, we had a blast! I booked a placeholder and am now looking into our next cruise, we're heading to WDW in May so the cruise will wait till 2021. I'm kind of leaning toward NYC to San Juan in the fall of 2021, but in the meantime I see some great rooms available for a 7 night Caribbean cruise out of Port Canaveral, those rooms being 9176 and 7194. Both dead center aft. Is there any reason to choose one over the other do you think? Theres a chance I may move my placeholder and deposit to a New York sailing that I mentioned, but I kinda want to reserve this just in case we decide to go this route instead. Thanks for your help!!!
7194! Here is our stay in that room:

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
7194! Here is our stay in that room:
Looks awesome!! What specifically did you like about deck 7 that you think is better than 9? Did you ever feel like the flag pole was “in the way”? That seems silly I know, but figured it’s worth asking since the rooms I’m comparing seem to be so similar in most respects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom