News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

mikenatcity1

re-reading the blog post makes me sad that this is a permanent thing. I like the theme of Paradise Pier, but I can see why- it's hardly a "California" themed anymore. I wonder if they will transform the Paradise Pier Hotel into Pixar Pier or just re-name it all together. I, for one, would be so happy to see that hotel updated/changed. And after it was pointed out, I DID see the lamp and Pixar Fun Wheel on the released art...dang.

D

Deleted member 107043

Oh, I expect that they will wait to rebrand the hotel the Pixar Pier Hotel until they can can figure out a way to get a special entrance from the hotel to the park that would then allow them to increase the prices to Deluxe level.

I'm expecting them to demolish it and build a new hotel there at some point. It's surprising that it hasn't happened yet.

Curious Constance

Consider yourself Rip Van Winkle... I can't ever see Disneyland getting a value resort... the park is too small for them to worry about trying to fill it by having reasonable hotels.
I've been told that several times, but I'm going to continue to bury my head in the sand and deny it :)

I mean, Disney doesn't always make the best business decisions, so there is hope!

mikenatcity1

Consider yourself Rip Van Winkle... I can't ever see Disneyland getting a value resort... the park is too small for them to worry about trying to fill it by having reasonable hotels.

Disneyland has all of the good neighbor hotels around it that they work with...I can't see them making a value resort that directly competes with those...I wish they would! I would stay on property a lot more if they had value resort(s) :)

Stevek

I've been told that several times, but I'm going to continue to bury my head in the sand and deny it :)

I mean, Disney doesn't always make the best business decisions, so there is hope!
With all of the value options nearby, no real reason for Disney to fill that void. Given the high occupancy at their own higher priced hotels, I think it's very likely they'll continue down that higher priced path. The new hotel, rumored for the DTD parking lot, will supposedly be 5 star and I do think that at some point they will demolish Pixar Paradise Pier Potel OR dramatically redo the interior and pool area to bring up the quality and price point. They could even add a brand new tower in the parking lot right behind it.

GiveMeTheMusic

What amazes me is that this kind of garbage is okay with Lasseter. The IPs he poured blood, sweat and tears into are largely reduced to carny rides. Toy Story Lands - all junk. This - junk. Maybe getting Cars Land was all he really cared about and the rest is just a paycheck.

And someone needs to tell him to try and keep the sauce to a minimum before going on stage at D23. Sad.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

What amazes me is that this kind of garbage is okay with Lasseter. The IPs he poured blood, sweat and tears into are largely reduced to carny rides. Toy Story Lands - all junk. This - junk. Maybe getting Cars Land was all he really cared about and the rest is just a paycheck.

And someone needs to tell him to try and keep the sauce to a minimum before going on stage at D23. Sad.
Don't you think though in some way that he is behind some of this "garbage"? I can't help but believe he was heavily involved in this decision.

Also yeah...I posted a few comments above, but his presence on stage was frankly embarrassing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom