Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Thankfully, most of the people at my church are well dressed, but when I've had to visit other churches I've often felt overdressed. Still would have dressed the same way though. When I go to church I dress for church.

I can't wait for it to start getting cooler so I can start wearing waistcoats again. My red one is my favorite. I like to mismatch my jacket and waistcoat combinations.
View attachment 215864
You are adorable. :)

Lucky

I would always prefer to be overdressed than underdressed, but sometimes it's better to show up as you are, rather than not make it at all.

Maybe that was this fellow's situation.
And he didn't have time to button his shirt because he was continuously texting back and forth about some global crisis requiring his input.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
He's probably the guy who responds to all the hate comments about Disney closing TGMR and UoE.
How do you feel about these two closures?

For me, UoE is no great loss. TGMR on the other hand, deserves more respect. Spruce it up a bit, and build your Mickey ride elsewhere. I'm not lamenting and wringing my hands though. It is what it is, and the decision has been made.

PUSH

Original Poster
How do you feel about these two closures?

For me, UoE is no great loss. TGMR on the other hand, deserves more respect. Spruce it up a bit, and build your Mickey ride elsewhere. I'm not lamenting and wringing my hands though. It is what it is, and the decision has been made.
I don't like that Epcot is losing all of what Future World was supposed to be about, but the truth is that theme is not what people look for in theme parks today. People are going to go to a Harry Potter world over a land that's based on edutainment, so I totally get where Disney is coming from. UoE was very outdated, and a shell of what it used to be. And let's be honest, aside from nostalgia, it's not a big loss. I just wish they would have done something other than GotG.

As for TGMR, I think that's a huge loss. That was an attraction that truly encompassed DHS. But if Avatar has taught us anything, it's to wait and see. It might not look great on paper, but it could be something great. I remember everyone saying FoP was just another Soarin'. I wish with this attraction, though, that they made it a brand new build. Or replace another building. The Animation Courtyard is a place I hardly visit because it has no real draw, especially once SWL opens. That would be a great place to put it because it is animation.

As a side note here, I wonder what is going to happen to Pixar Place. It never really became that, with just one Toy Story ride. And once TSL opens, and assuming the entrance to TSM is flipped to the other side, it will literally be an empty walkway. Once TSL opens, it would make sense to turn that into a Star Wars themed entrance to the land. And if there are known plans for it that I haven't heard, consider this paragraph pointless.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I don't like that Epcot is losing all of what Future World was supposed to be about, but the truth is that theme is not what people look for in theme parks today. People are going to go to a Harry Potter world over a land that's based on edutainment, so I totally get where Disney is coming from. UoE was very outdated, and a shell of what it used to be. And let's be honest, aside from nostalgia, it's not a big loss. I just wish they would have done something other than GotG.

As for TGMR, I think that's a huge loss. That was an attraction that truly encompassed DHS. But if Avatar has taught us anything, it's to wait and see. It might not look great on paper, but it could be something great. I remember everyone saying FoP was just another Soarin'. I wish with this attraction, though, that they made it a brand new build. Or replace another building. The Animation Courtyard is a place I hardly visit because it has no real draw, especially once SWL opens. That would be a great place to put it because it is animation.

As a side note here, I wonder what is going to happen to Pixar Place. It never really became that, with just one Toy Story ride. And once TSL opens, and assuming the entrance to TSM is flipped to the other side, it will literally be an empty walkway. Once TSL opens, it would make sense to turn that into a Star Wars themed entrance to the land. And if there are known plans for it that I haven't heard, consider this paragraph pointless.
What we now know as the Pixar Place corridor will become backstage. :(

I agree with everything else you said. I figured I would.

PUSH

Original Poster
What we now know as the Pixar Place corridor will become backstage. :(

I agree with everything else you said. I figured I would.
So the only entrance to SWL will be back near Muppets area? It'd be nice to have something that loops around back there, unless TSL will. I said in a post before that getting from TSM to Muppets was a pain because you can't loop around anymore. Instead you have to walk all the way around TGMR, Sci-Fi, and past ST.

Speaking of ST, is that staying where it is, or what are the plans for that? It'd make no sense to keep it in its current location, but I don't want it to go away, either. It's a decent little ride.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
So the only entrance to SWL will be back near Muppets area? It'd be nice to have something that loops around back there, unless TSL will. I said in a post before that getting from TSM to Muppets was a pain because you can't loop around anymore. Instead you have to walk all the way around TGMR, Sci-Fi, and past ST.

Speaking of ST, is that staying where it is, or what are the plans for that? It'd make no sense to keep it in its current location, but I don't want it to go away, either. It's a decent little ride.
Second entrance from Toy Story Land confirmed.

Star Tours staying exactly as is for at least a year until after SW:GE opens, despite not being attached to the new land geographically; and then probably re-themed as California's ST is. Maybe Indy. Maybe Muppets. Maybe some new IP we've yet to discover.

PUSH

Original Poster
Second entrance from Toy Story Land confirmed.

Star Tours staying exactly as is for at least a year until after SW:GE opens, despite not being attached to the new land geographically; and then probably re-themed as California's ST is. Maybe Indy. Maybe Muppets. Maybe some new IP we've yet to discover.
I'd like a Muppets ride. I like the idea of a small Muppets land. Cohesive lands > randomly placed attractions. Randomly placed attractions is how DHS got into its identity crisis in the first place.

Tick Tock

Thankfully, most of the people at my church are well dressed, but when I've had to visit other churches I've often felt overdressed. Still would have dressed the same way though. When I go to church I dress for church.

I can't wait for it to start getting cooler so I can start wearing waistcoats again. My red one is my favorite. I like to mismatch my jacket and waistcoat combinations.
View attachment 215864
How did you Photoshop your avatar pic to take off so many years in age? :confused:

Tick Tock

Last I heard, there were plans to add scenes from Episodes 8 and 9, but after that, who knows? Possibly re-purposed? But like you said, I hope it stays as ST.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In between massive downpours, Mike managed to barbecue. We have ribs, chicken b-reasts, the ubiquitous kale/cole slaw salad, and his dad's famous barbecue pan fries.

View attachment 215859

Garlic, onions, bacon, gobs of real butter, and perfectly mandoline-sliced potatoes. Who's in?

OMG--that looks really delicious. Never cooked potatoes on a grill--do you parboil them first, then slice and put in the pan on the grill? How long does it take to grill these?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom