Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Thanks. We must have missed the rain.

The wedding was formal/semi-formal attire. This guy might not have gotten the memo - except that his wife/GF (not sure which) was one of the bridesmaids.
View attachment 215855
I'm not sure which infraction is the most egregious - faded jeans, V-neck tee, too short button shirt, golf visor, or the fact that he's on his phone. It's perfectly fine Disney attire. For a wedding, not so much.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
After work a few weeks ago, we had to stop in at Mike's nephew's outdoor wedding. We missed the ceremony. We missed the meal. We were already 5 or 6 hours late, so rather than waste another hour going home to change, I showed up in my work "uniform" - black slacks, white blouse.

First thing somebody said to me - Look at how you're dressed. You did know you were coming to a wedding, right?

Tough crowd.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
DS had an outdoor wedding and his MIL was shocked that people dressed up for the wedding.
I would always prefer to be overdressed than underdressed, but sometimes it's better to show up as you are, rather than not make it at all.

Maybe that was this fellow's situation.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hey @JenniferS , you've mentioned that nothing good ever comes from exercise. I agree. Went out this morning on my bike. I was about 5 blocks from home when I stopped at a street intersection. Think I hit the handlebar brakes a bit too quickly--somehow, I was jolted forward and fell off the bike. :facepalm:

Fell on my back and hit the back of my head on the street (but I had a helmet on which saved me). Got up, (embarrassed--please lord, I hope no one saw me :rolleyes: ) and rode bike back home.

An hour later, I noticed a giant bump on my right hand. Hubs freaked :eek:, and I told him to relax--it was just a hematoma, and some of the swelling has already gone down. I ate some ice cream and that seemed to help. ;)

I'm following your advice from now on. :D

Nemo14

Hey @JenniferS , you've mentioned that nothing good ever comes from exercise. I agree. Went out this morning on my bike. I was about 5 blocks from home when I stopped at a street intersection. Think I hit the handlebar brakes a bit too quickly--somehow, I was jolted forward and fell off the bike. :facepalm:

Fell on my back and hit the back of my head on the street (but I had a helmet on which saved me). Got up, (embarrassed--please lord, I hope no one saw me :rolleyes: ) and rode bike back home.

An hour later, I noticed a giant bump on my right hand. Hubs freaked :eek:, and I told him to relax--it was just a hematoma, and some of the swelling has already gone down. I ate some ice cream and that seemed to help. ;)

It's been my experience that ice cream heals everything.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

I'm sorry you hurt yourself. Knowing that no major damage was done however, somewhat assuages my guilty feelings over laughing.

And yes, ice cream makes everything better.

Eric1955

I'm frequently overdressed, but I prefer to consider the rest of the world underdressed.

Thankfully, most of the people at my church are well dressed, but when I've had to visit other churches I've often felt overdressed. Still would have dressed the same way though. When I go to church I dress for church.

I can't wait for it to start getting cooler so I can start wearing waistcoats again. My red one is my favorite. I like to mismatch my jacket and waistcoat combinations.
View attachment 215864

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Thankfully, most of the people at my church are well dressed, but when I've had to visit other churches I've often felt overdressed. Still would have dressed the same way though. When I go to church I dress for church.

I can't wait for it to start getting cooler so I can start wearing waistcoats again. My red one is my favorite. I like to mismatch my jacket and waistcoat combinations.
View attachment 215864
Looking very debonair Mr. Eric!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom