Game of Thrones: Season 7

Princess Leia

Original Poster

July 16th!

And can I say, that despite my grumblings of Seasons 4 and 5, Season 6 really got the show back on track. While I'm still ticked at GRRM for falling behind with the books (Finish the damn books, George), I am very excited to see where the story goes.

King in the North!!! :D

Princess Leia

Original Poster
18582367_10154787890942734_5777366158950483848_n.png

This was posted on the Game of Thrones Facebook page today

misterID

I just watched the entire series getting ready for the new season and boy, oh boy, do I hate Sansa. Or, the way they've written her. For God sakes, tell Jon you've sent for reinforcements before he loses half his men. If you're going to whine about not being asked your opinion during a war counsel, actually have an opinion when he does ask. Uggh.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I just watched the entire series getting ready for the new season and boy, oh boy, do I hate Sansa. Or, the way they've written her. For God sakes, tell Jon you've sent for reinforcements before he loses half his men. If you're going to whine about not being asked your opinion during a war counsel, actually have an opinion when he does ask. Uggh.
Watch yourself, I love Sansa ;)

The way the show treats her has been awful though. Sansa in the books isn't anywhere near the North. She's learned how to play the Game of Thrones. Nobody (except for Rob Arryn and Littlefinger) really even knows who she is. Her development on the show has been... interesting, to say the least. Sansa went through all of the trauma in King's Landing, to suffer worse trauma in her own home. She went through episodes of great development, only for the showrunners to say 'let's do something else' and change it. At least in the books, I am pretty confident in thinking that Sansa will be one of the survivors.

What I'm hoping for this season- Arya & Sansa reunion, Sansa helps Jon rule, and Littlefinger dies (courtesy of Arya).

misterID

Watch yourself, I love Sansa ;)

The way the show treats her has been awful though. Sansa in the books isn't anywhere near the North. She's learned how to play the Game of Thrones. Nobody (except for Rob Arryn and Littlefinger) really even knows who she is. Her development on the show has been... interesting, to say the least. Sansa went through all of the trauma in King's Landing, to suffer worse trauma in her own home. She went through episodes of great development, only for the showrunners to say 'let's do something else' and change it. At least in the books, I am pretty confident in thinking that Sansa will be one of the survivors.

What I'm hoping for this season- Arya & Sansa reunion, Sansa helps Jon rule, and Littlefinger dies (courtesy of Arya).
You know it's not going to end like that ;)
I understand why they placed her with Ramsay, I mean, for dramatic reasonings, but this logic is absolutely insane. There's just no way LF would give her up, especially to a Bolton, and especially to a basterd Bolton he doesn't know. That was so unLittle Finger. I'm still scratching my head about what exactly he was supposed to get out of it. And don't get me started on that battle again. I liked Sansa and rooted for her until she got to castle black, but it has more to do with the show writers than Sansa herself.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
You know it's not going to end like that ;)
I understand why they placed her with Ramsay, I mean, for dramatic reasonings, but this logic is absolutely insane. There's just no way LF would give her up, especially to a Bolton, and especially to a basterd Bolton he doesn't know. That was so unLittle Finger. I'm still scratching my head about what exactly he was supposed to get out of it.
This. All of this. "Hey Sansa, I haven't heard much about this new Bolton hanging out in your home, but his dad- you know, the guy who killed your brother- should be no issue. I have spies everywhere, but have no information on the guy I'm going to marry you off to, doesn't that sound fun? Then I'll just pop by King's Landing for an appearance with the Queen and hope that you're safe with the family who is okay with prima nocta and flaying people alive. K byeeeeee."

Like, sure, Littlefinger's a massive creep in the books (he's currently borderline molesting Sansa while planning to marry her off to someone- that he actually has info on), but at least he's not totally clueless.

Honestly, if he continues his clueless streak in the show, I'd say there's a good chance that he could end up dead by the end of the season. The show only has 13 episodes left, so they'll need to whittle the character count down a bit.

misterID

This. All of this. "Hey Sansa, I haven't heard much about this new Bolton hanging out in your home, but his dad- you know, the guy who killed your brother- should be no issue. I have spies everywhere, but have no information on the guy I'm going to marry you off to, doesn't that sound fun? Then I'll just pop by King's Landing for an appearance with the Queen and hope that you're safe with the family who is okay with prima nocta and flaying people alive. K byeeeeee."

Like, sure, Littlefinger's a massive creep in the books (he's currently borderline molesting Sansa while planning to marry her off to someone- that he actually has info on), but at least he's not totally clueless.

Honestly, if he continues his clueless streak in the show, I'd say there's a good chance that he could end up dead by the end of the season. The show only has 13 episodes left, so they'll need to whittle the character count down a bit.
Oh yeah. The build up was clear: he was going to use her as an instrument of manipulation and a weapon to further his agenda for the iron throne. And the obsessive, sexual nature over her -- And Cat. It was clear he was leading her to be at his side to rule... Which could backfire; he trains her so well that she doesn't need him and has her own ambitions now. But that's gone now in show. Either they're going to flimsily bring that back on track with him manipulating her to turn on John, which is what everything suggests, or he'll be killed by the end of the season... I think there could be tension between Sansa and Arya. That will be interesting.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
My deadpool- Littlefinger, Euron Greyjoy, Yara Greyjoy, Olenna Tyrell (might as well just kill the whole family off at this point), Ellaria Sand, 2/3 Sand Snakes (idc which ones) and Viserion (will die like his namesake). I think Drogon will make it to the end, but the other two are kind of disposable.

I think the Starks and Lannisters will be safe this season. While I do think Cersei will die (at the hands of Jaime), I don't see it happening this season. It has to be after the White Walkers breach the Wall (which is inevitable, right?), and she'll realize that all of her feuds across Westeros were petty in comparison to the ice zombies.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I've been waiting for someone to post!!

So excited!!! My kid is on a play date right now.. when he gets home I'm going to take him to a park and try to wear him out.. I need him to be asleep before 8:50pm!!!!

#motheroftheyear
I need to plan the night accordingly so I can watch this the second it's posted. I'm so excited :D It's the beginning of the end in a sense, but I'm not going to really consider the show as 'the end'. That title is reserved for the date I finish the last book, whenever that happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom