Do the parks open early for NYE?

jaygatsby

I've read that because of crowds, sometimes the parks open early. Has that happened during the week between Christmas and New Year's? Did the new rope drop system change that?

nickys

Premium Member
The new rope drop started after NY, but last year MK opened at 7am for emh each day that week, with 8am park opening. Those hours didn't get announced until pretty close, maybe mid December. I think I knew before we arrived (23rd).

Other parks didn't open as early, not really sure on times. 8:30 is ringing a bell for DHS.

Upvote 0

jaygatsby

Original Poster
The new rope drop started after NY, but last year MK opened at 7am for emh each day that week, with 8am park opening. Those hours didn't get announced until pretty close, maybe mid December. I think I knew before we arrived (23rd).

Other parks didn't open as early, not really sure on times. 8:30 is ringing a bell for DHS.

How early would you recommend leaving the resort for rope drop? Do a lot of people do it during that week and will there be a line for buses? We will be staying at AoA if that helps.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom