Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'm very excited. Everything seems to fit a theme aside from GotG replacing UoE. And I would have liked TGMR to stay and have the Railway be a brand new build. I can't imagine DHS once that shuts down, too.
Both Ellen and GMR are closing on 8/13. I figured we'd be out of luck, but I thought my brother's family would get to experience both attractions one last time.

The Periscope I was watching kept freezing, so I'm trying to catch up in the threads. Plus, we have company.

acishere

I'm very excited. Everything seems to fit a theme aside from GotG replacing UoE. And I would have liked TGMR to stay and have the Railway be a brand new build. I can't imagine DHS once that shuts down, too.
As out of date as UoE is and impossible it is for an oil company sponsored ride to be updated, it is sad to see the last non Spaceship Earth ride that lived up to FW's original purpose go away.

PUSH

Original Poster
^This. They'd better have Guest Services tripleduple-staffed in a couple months when GMR goes down along with all the other closed DHS attractions.

I pity those CM's having to explain the cost of admission remains the same.
There will be 4 rides at DHS: RnR, ToT, ST and TSM.

Eric1955

Finally caught up on all of todays news. The slapping IP on absolutely everything is really starting to reach farce level. Pixar Pier?

A Tron ride in Tomorrowland? Yes please! The 60 second Tron coaster from Shanghai? No thank you. I just think it's too short, too similar to Space Mountain to be right next to it, and I worry about what it might do to Space Mountain's sightlines. I know I'm in the minority on this but I also just don't like the way the structure looks, but it should be noted that I hate modern architecture. On the positive side, at least Tron actually fits in Tomorrowland. I'm sure it'll be a very fun ride. Just don't blink or you'll miss it.

GotG taking over UoE is just depressing. Goodbye EPCOT Center. I never even knew you. :( Can they at least save the dinosaurs some kind of way?

I was upset that we we're going to lose GMR but I was excited by the prospect of a Mickey LPS ride. After seeing the concept art I'm no longer excited. They're seriously basing it on the style off those terrible and honestly gross new Mickey shorts? I just don't get it.

The theater should be a good addition to MK and the space restaurant looks neat. At least they didn't say anything about the Tiki Room going away. Hey, I'm trying to be positive and that's all I got.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
GotG taking over UoE is just depressing. Goodbye EPCOT Center. I never even knew you. :( Can they at least save the dinosaurs some kind of way?

I was upset that we we're going to lose GMR but I was excited by the prospect of a Mickey LPS ride. After seeing the concept art I'm no longer excited. They're seriously basing it on the style off those terrible and honestly gross new Mickey shorts? I just don't get it.

So I spent about 40 minutes this morning reading close to 50 pages of the D23 discussion from last evening.

Positives: I'm happy to see so many fans excited about new developments at WDW. It's refreshing to see some enthusiasm, and it's about time WDW gave us something to cheer about. I like "some" of the new announcements.

Negatives: I agree with both of your comments above--especially the dinosaurs, for heaven's sake. Those animatronic dinosaurs are ART. They're classic. Can't they use them in something else?? :facepalm:

Lastly, aside of my few brief, initial impressions above, it's going to take me more time to fully form an opinion of all the announcements. Multiple changes take me a while to process--my mind kinda works at the speed of this guy -

Russian-Tortoise-300x180.jpg

Lucky

For the most part I'm pretty happy for your generation. I seriously doubt that I'll see half of that completed in my lifetime.

It's all supposed to be done for WDW's 50th. You going somewhere in the next four years?

I'll believe it when I see it.
The projects and timelines probably assume no recession in the next few years. If that turns out to be wrong some things would probably be delayed or cancelled.

Goofyernmost

For all those that felt that Disney was only doing this because the "feared" Universal, think about what must be going through the heads of Uni execs. right about now. Disney is telling everyone that all we have to do is just step on the accelerator just a little to show who had the most power. Hopefully they won't wait as long before the next drive forward, but, they will be licking their wounded wallets for a while after this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom