What is going on with the Aloha Dinner Show?

HansGruber

Original Poster
We showed up 25 minutes ahead of time and had to stand in a 30 minute line to check-in.
While waiting, a cast member gave us our paper tickets, but we still had to wait in line.
Everything was done by paper; nothing on the magic band.

After waiting in a 30 minute line, a torrential downpour starts. We couldn’t wait for the storm to pass as the dinner had already started, so we walked in the pouring rain/ lightening/ thunder and got soaked on our way to the pavilion.

At the pavilion, my seat and table were soaked because of the drifting rain...they tried covering both with a plastic garbage bag but to no avail.
The stage was covered with a huge blue tarp, sand bags and bungee cords.
After an hour wait, they perform an abbreviated show.

The abbreviated show was great and the food...excellent but personally, for $200 (2 adults, 2 kids), I would have expected a little more.
It felt like this was the first time they had done this...and also built the place not realizing that it rains constantly in Orlando.

monykalyn

We showed up 25 minutes ahead of time and had to stand in a 30 minute line to check-in.
While waiting, a cast member gave us our paper tickets, but we still had to wait in line.
Everything was done by paper; nothing on the magic band.

After waiting in a 30 minute line, a torrential downpour starts. We couldn’t wait for the storm to pass as the dinner had already started, so we walked in the pouring rain/ lightening/ thunder and got soaked on our way to the pavilion.

At the pavilion, my seat and table were soaked because of the drifting rain...they tried covering both with a plastic garbage bag but to no avail.
The stage was covered with a huge blue tarp, sand bags and bungee cords.
After an hour wait, they perform an abbreviated show.

The abbreviated show was great and the food...excellent but personally, for $200 (2 adults, 2 kids), I would have expected a little more.
It felt like this was the first time they had done this...and also built the place not realizing that it rains constantly in Orlando.
Rain and lightening for our show too-had a delayed start-to point we were nearly finished with dinner by time show started.
Agree that the covering could be better considering the weather in Florida. Still-enjoyed the show but the delayed start made for tired (and bored kids) by time fire twirler came on.
I get that luck of draw when it comes to weather (and dessert parties) but for a show performed nightly could be a lot better about having backup for weather.

HansGruber

Original Poster
I get that luck of draw when it comes to weather (and dessert parties) but for a show performed nightly could be a lot better about having backup for weather.
I know it's always about the money but they have to pull in tens of thousands of dollars nightly on those shows...at least install some permanent coverings that can be easily deployed or retracted when weather hits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom