Makin' memories
Makin' memories
Takin' pictures is makin' memories
Catchin' little pieces of time
Makin' them yours and makin' them mine
Great vacations and celebrations we love to hold near and dear
And when we're makin' memories
Happy days can reappear!

@amjt660 it seemed a little presumptuous of me to include Three Peat in the title of this trip report. A more accurate term might be Repeat, considering this is my third TR in three months. I am fearful that my WDWMagic friends may be weary of me.

But for @Big Hair and anyone else who wants to follow along, Welcome! I truly love reliving our great (and not-so-great) vacation memories through writing these reports. As always, your comments and observations are much appreciated!

So c'mon everybody, here we go........

Cast: Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Dates: June 17-25, 2017
Resorts: Port Orleans Riverside and Polynesian Village ('cause let's be honest......you can take the girl out of the Poly, but you can't take the Poly out of the girl!)

IMG_8860.JPG

(Does this picture make you woozy? It is an appropriate representation of my Pandora experience.)

Stick around to discover what memories we made!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Woody opened the show.

IMG_4397.JPG

He was soon joined by Jessie.....
IMG_4398.JPG

.....and Buzz.
IMG_4399.JPG

IMG_8616.JPG

Confession ~ The Up segment turned me into a HOT MESS. A sweaty, bawling Wanda. That song gets me every time!
IMG_4400.JPG

IMG_8617.JPG

The one time watched The Incredibles I fell asleep. Therefore this segment didn't do much for me. (Apologies to @PrincessL and all other Incredibles fans.)
IMG_4401.JPG

I'm more of a Monsters gal.
IMG_8618.JPG

IMG_4405.JPG

The finale was super cute.
IMG_4406.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was somewhat stressed that the performance went longer than I expected because we had a dinner ADR to make....and it wasn't inside DHS.

Due to the oppressive humidity, walking to Yacht/Beach was not an option. It may have been quicker but neither Woody, Em nor I had the stamina to endure that trek. Not tonight.

Boat it was!
IMG_8619.JPG

IMG_8620.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We ended up being ten minutes later for our ADR. Very thankful for the "grace period" so our table was not given to another party.

Because tables are at a premium here.
IMG_8621.JPG

We may frequent the same dining locations, but we switched it up this time by going to B&C for dinner rather than lunch. BOO-YA!!!!!

Although the menu is the same.
IMG_4410.JPG

IMG_4411.JPG

B&C did not get the memo that Shirley and her entourage was coming and we did not get our usual booth. We were seated at a table next to the juke box. Had a good view of the entire restaurant and could watch the goings in/coming outs of the door.

Both Woody and Em had burgers. I am utterly predictable and had the grilled chicken sandwich. I ordered fries but onion rings were on my plate. When I informed our server, she returned with a plate full of fries and let me keep the onion rings.

I like onion rings but they don't like me.

IMG_8622.JPG

As if Woody and Em had not had enough peanut butter sweets today, they split the No Way Jose.
IMG_8623.JPG

Same old same old for me, @Courtney6682!
IMG_8624.JPG

The after dinner dilemma ~ how to get back to the Poly? After a very full day at DHS, we were done with park touring. (I don't know how your family does it @Figment Forever....I've always admired your perseverance!) Walking through Epcot to get the monorail was not attractive. Neither was waiting for a bus to MK and then transferring to the monorail.

Then Woody whispered that four letter word I love to hear......

UBER.

We walked to the front of Beach Club to get our ride. Passed this sign on the way.
IMG_8625.JPG

Back on Poly grounds a few minutes later Em declared, "That Uber was worth whatever it cost!"
It was.
Shortly before 9 pm Em and I went to the beach to watch HEA.
The third time was a charm ~ it was our favorite viewing to date!

Songbird76

:arghh:So let's hop this rabbit back on the trail, shall we?

Tuesday, con't

We left Launch Bay and walked through the arch. You know the one I'm talking about?
This.
View attachment 215474
(That's my mama in February 2015.)

There is usually a Photopass photographer taking pictures a few feet from where Mom is standing. Today he was posing a family of 4, parents in back and two little kids in front of them. As the photographer began to snap the pic, a grandpa from another family passing by intentionally jumped behind the parents to photobomb the shot! Grandpa quickly walked away to rejoin his family while the family posing was unaware of what had just occurred. The photographer knew (could tell by his giant smile) and I would have loved to seen the look on the family's face the first time they reviewed their Photopass pictures. :joyfull:

(@wdisney9000, this sounds like a stunt your dad would pull!)

Our destination was the Trolley Car Cafe to pick up one of these beauties.
View attachment 215475

We found a table outside the (now-closed :arghh:) Starring Rolls so Em and Woody could share their treat.

View attachment 215476

We enjoyed watching a funny Streetmosphere "Dating Game" show during our break.
What??? I didn't know Starring Rolls closed!! That makes me so sad!! But that star wars cupcake did look pretty great!

Songbird76

We ended up being ten minutes later for our ADR. Very thankful for the "grace period" so our table was not given to another party.

View attachment 215525

We may frequent the same dining locations, but we switched it up this time by going to B&C for dinner rather than lunch. BOO-YA!!!!!

View attachment 215526

View attachment 215527

B&C did not get the memo that Shirley and her entourage was coming and we did not get our usual booth. We were seated at a table next to the juke box. Had a good view of the entire restaurant and could watch the goings in/coming outs of the door.

Both Woody and Em had burgers. I am utterly predictable and had the grilled chicken sandwich. I ordered fries but onion rings were on my plate. When I informed our server, she returned with a plate full of fries and let me keep the onion rings.

View attachment 215528

As if Woody and Em had not had enough peanut butter sweets today, they split the No Way Jose.
View attachment 215529

View attachment 215530

The after dinner dilemma ~ how to get back to the Poly? After a very full day at DHS, we were done with park touring. (I don't know how your family does it @Figment Forever....I've always admired your perseverance!) Walking through Epcot to get the monorail was not attractive. Neither was waiting for a bus to MK and then transferring to the monorail.

UBER.

We walked to the front of Beach Club to get our ride. Passed this sign on the way.
View attachment 215531

Back on Poly grounds a few minutes later Em declared, "That Uber was worth whatever it cost!"
It was.
The No Way, José looks SOOOOO delicious!! Next time we go there, I'll have to get that. What was yours?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I have yet to watch that movie. Everyone says it's so sad, so I haven't been brave enough. Maybe I should...I seem to have opposing views on a lot of the movies. I am really not a fan of Toy Story and everyone else seems to LOVE it.

I'n not a huge fan of UP. The opening part (the sad part) is the best part, then it gets kinda wacky.

The No Way, José looks SOOOOO delicious!! Next time we go there, I'll have to get that. What was yours?

The No Way Jose is a gift from heaven. :inlove:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

View attachment 215525

View attachment 215526

View attachment 215527

View attachment 215528

View attachment 215529

View attachment 215530

UBER.

View attachment 215531

It was.

Whoa, Nellie!! Guinness floats? How did I not notice these before??? :eek:

Oh, yeah, I was distracted by a little thing called No Way Jose. :oops:

Did you know they now have a Chocolate Kitchen Sink? The 3 of you could probably tackle it :cautious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I was somewhat stressed that the performance went longer than I expected because we had a dinner ADR to make....and it wasn't inside DHS.

Due to the oppressive humidity, walking to Yacht/Beach was not an option. It may have been quicker but neither Woody, Em nor I had the stamina to endure that trek. Not tonight.

Boat it was!
View attachment 215510

Tuvalu, I noticed when I went this year, that the sailing crew now have a new uniform. Up to this point (May) didn't they always wear ALL white? They now have the navy, (subtle striped) shorts, which I think are also nice--and probably are way more practical, as they don't show any dirt, etc. But I also missed the all-white uniforms, too.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
img_8598-jpg.215180

(Ok @wdisney9000 ~ real service dog or not?)
Hard to say, but she sure seems to be holding that leash very tight and close as if the dog wont stay still on its own,o_O. And why would she put that pajama looking shirt on the dog in the hot summer weather? At first glance, I thought it was a cooling vest but Ive never seen one with a design on it. The biggest offender would be the "Service dog" harness. Straight outta Amazon. :facepalm::hilarious:

81TORaPNvRL._SX425_.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom