Makin' memories
Makin' memories
Takin' pictures is makin' memories
Catchin' little pieces of time
Makin' them yours and makin' them mine
Great vacations and celebrations we love to hold near and dear
And when we're makin' memories
Happy days can reappear!

@amjt660 it seemed a little presumptuous of me to include Three Peat in the title of this trip report. A more accurate term might be Repeat, considering this is my third TR in three months. I am fearful that my WDWMagic friends may be weary of me.

But for @Big Hair and anyone else who wants to follow along, Welcome! I truly love reliving our great (and not-so-great) vacation memories through writing these reports. As always, your comments and observations are much appreciated!

So c'mon everybody, here we go........

Cast: Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Dates: June 17-25, 2017
Resorts: Port Orleans Riverside and Polynesian Village ('cause let's be honest......you can take the girl out of the Poly, but you can't take the Poly out of the girl!)

IMG_8860.JPG

(Does this picture make you woozy? It is an appropriate representation of my Pandora experience.)

Stick around to discover what memories we made!

Tuvalu

Original Poster
I am guilty of the back pack syndrome. Water bottle, rain ponchos, electronics, spare change of clothes(depending on the length of day and activities), snacks, and room for whatever I pick up in the park(s). I always am worried about hitting somebody moving around with the back pack and usually do a little no matter how I try not to.

Can one plan too much?
Generally my issue is packing as much as I can in as little as space as possible to foresee every possible outcome (most of which likely won't happen).
I appreciate others who think and feel the same!

Amen to that!! Bandaids, safety pins, hair elastics, aspirin, nail clippers, dramamine..you never know when you will need a toothpick. And I had several pens in my backpack which came in handy when the kids bought autograph books and we didn't have to buy pens to go with them.
Seems like I stirred up a hornet's nest with my backpack comment. No offense meant to any of you!

Songbird76

Seems like I stirred up a hornet's nest with my backpack comment. No offense meant to any of you!
None taken! I think it's just a preference. I like to be prepared, hubby likes to travel light. Somehow, he always ends up admitting it was a good idea that I brought X, Y, or Z. But I can understand, not having young ones anymore, you probably don't need autograph books, and wet wipes! Maybe someday, I'll be able to go to the park without the "killer backpack" (That's what my best friend called it when we were in high school), but probably not.

amjt660

Premium Member
None taken! I think it's just a preference. I like to be prepared, hubby likes to travel light. Somehow, he always ends up admitting it was a good idea that I brought X, Y, or Z. But I can understand, not having young ones anymore, you probably don't need autograph books, and wet wipes! Maybe someday, I'll be able to go to the park without the "killer backpack" (That's what my best friend called it when we were in high school), but probably not.
I agree with you on the direct correlation between age of children and backpacks
I loved it when the girls all bought Disneyland backpack style purses in 2007
Now everyone carries something and I do not shoulder the entire load in one big backpack

Max

Tuvalu

Original Poster
:arghh:So let's hop this rabbit back on the trail, shall we?

Tuesday, con't

We left Launch Bay and walked through the arch. You know the one I'm talking about?
This.
IMG_0130.JPG

(That's my mama in February 2015.)

There is usually a Photopass photographer taking pictures a few feet from where Mom is standing. Today he was posing a family of 4, parents in back and two little kids in front of them. As the photographer began to snap the pic, a grandpa from another family passing by intentionally jumped behind the parents to photobomb the shot! Grandpa quickly walked away to rejoin his family while the family posing was unaware of what had just occurred. The photographer knew (could tell by his giant smile) and I would have loved to seen the look on the family's face the first time they reviewed their Photopass pictures. :joyfull:

(@wdisney9000, this sounds like a stunt your dad would pull!)

Our destination was the Trolley Car Cafe to pick up one of these beauties.
IMG_0530.JPG

We found a table outside the (now-closed :arghh:) Starring Rolls so Em and Woody could share their treat.

IMG_8615.JPG

We enjoyed watching a funny Streetmosphere "Dating Game" show during our break.

Tuvalu

Original Poster
The FP line for our next attraction was lengthy.

IMG_8613.JPG

Since we'd just heard the "Official" Unofficial announcement of the closing of the Great Movie Ride, taking pictures was a priority for Em.

Enjoy her brief homage to the Great Movie Ride.

IMG_4385.JPG

I actually remember when the swimmers turntable worked!
IMG_4386.JPG

It's a downpour!
IMG_4387.JPG

Gonna miss the "underbelly"
IMG_4388.JPG

IMG_4389.JPG

I bet she hates red lights.
IMG_4390.JPG

IMG_4391.JPG

IMG_4392.JPG

The good guy always wins in the end!
IMG_4393.JPG

Zipadeelady

I do remember those days. Wet wipes were our best friend for many years, even when out of the diaper phase.

Tuvalu

Original Poster
After GMR we went to Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

IMG_8611.JPG

Earlier while Woody and Em were devouring Darth I was able to snag a FP for The Music of Pixar Live. After seeing @PrincessL's trip report photos, we were very much looking forward to this new show. As we scanned our bands, I heard someone call out my name. It was a friend I had not seen in a couple years who was with her husband and son on their second WDW vacation. I had given her some tips for their first vacation so I was happy to see they had liked Disney enough to return again! We sat with them in the theater.

It is truly a small world after all.

We have not watched the BATB show in awhile, but I assume these cushions are just for the Pixar show? (Perhaps to "class up" the joint? ;))
IMG_4395.JPG

The cushions, though comfy, ended up being hot and sticky. It was very warm in the theater the hour plus that we sat there, because there was no breeze and the humidity was awful. The unpleasant conditions certainly distracted us from the wonderful performers on stage. And in my opinion, the show was about ten minutes too long (30 minutes would have been a better length.) Maybe I would have felt differently had we attended one of the evening performances instead of late afternoon.

Before the show started, the green army men were dispatched to entertain the audience.
IMG_4396.JPG

Two audience members were called up to do jumping jacks. The dialogue between Sarge and the audience participants was very funny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom