Coming in 2018: The Year of Pixar

vancee

Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout with Pixar overlay, OMG.. I can't wait! Rocket is going to meet new friends.

Disneyfan1981

So what exactly is replacing Bugs Land? Is it just getting rethemed? There was A LOT of traffic through there because of Guardians being so long in wait times and people milling around waiting for FastPasses, etc. I haven't seen that many people there since it opened, Lol.

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
Insanely lame.
:hungover:

What's this about Pixar characters being added to 'Small World'...??
Good gawd, there are enough 'characters' encroaching on the beauty of the original classic Attraction as it is...
:confused:

-

The Toy Story and Nemo gangs are already in there. Not sure where'd they stash the others - Coco would fit in Mexico obviously, but that's it!

SuddenStorm

The Abominable snowman from Monsters Inc in the Matterhorn?

Pink ladies T shirts that say "I'm his boo" for the girls, and blue spotted shirts that say "I'm her kitty" for the guys.

The "Falling with style" Tower overlay, featuring a tour of Andy's toy collection.

The "shrink down to the size of a bug" overlay for Adventure Through Inner Space

Escape From Zurg Mountain: A Space Mountain overlay

Ride the Train of Thought around Disneyland Park, featuring scenes from Riley's "Dinosaur" phase and her last Girl Scout camping trip.

Woody's wilderness adventure: Ride a runaway train while Woody helps you get to safety.

Bullseye's carriages- Ride a horse drawn carriage down Main street, featuring Bullseye.

The "Lots o Huggin" limited edition Teddy Bear shaped Strawberry sugar cookies.

The "Coco" musical experience at the Rancho Del Zocalo, featuring cast members dressed in traditional "Dia De Los Muertos" skeleton attire.

The "Finally beat emperor zurg" arcade overlay for the Starcade.

I can keep going, but I fail to see how any form of Pixar themed event could be lame.

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
The Abominable snowman from Monsters Inc in the Matterhorn?

Pink ladies T shirts that say "I'm his boo" for the girls, and blue spotted shirts that say "I'm her kitty" for the guys.

The "Falling with style" Tower overlay, featuring a tour of Andy's toy collection.

The "shrink down to the size of a bug" overlay for Adventure Through Inner Space

Escape From Zurg Mountain: A Space Mountain overlay

Ride the Train of Thought around Disneyland Park, featuring scenes from Riley's "Dinosaur" phase and her last Girl Scout camping trip.

Woody's wilderness adventure: Ride a runaway train while Woody helps you get to safety.

Bullseye's carriages- Ride a horse drawn carriage down Main street, featuring Bullseye.

The "Lots o Huggin" limited edition Teddy Bear shaped Strawberry sugar cookies.

The "Coco" musical experience at the Rancho Del Zocalo, featuring cast members dressed in traditional "Dia De Los Muertos" skeleton attire.

The "Finally beat emperor zurg" arcade overlay for the Starcade.

I can keep going, but I fail to see how any form of Pixar themed event could be lame.

Did you read what was actually proposed above? Because it's lame. Many of your ideas are more interesting than what they came up with, even though I would personally never want them to come to pass. In my old age I've become cranky about overlays. ;)

SuddenStorm

Did you read what was actually proposed above? Because it's lame. Many of your ideas are more interesting than what they came up with, even though I would personally never want them to come to pass. In my old age I've become cranky about overlays. ;)

Yes, I read the whole thread and am a bit horrified by the poor execution by Disney :).

What they should do, is limit it just to DCA. They could literally just market it as Pixar Summer or something, make some new merchandise, a sourvenier mug, a new pin or two, and the fans will eat it up- no ride overlay or fireworks required.

And if they wanted to spend money on it, they could make a new World of Color, refurbish Toy Story Mania and Monster's Inc, make a new dance party since that's their go to DCA marketing event, and have exclusive meet and greets with the more obscure pixar characters.

D.Silentu

Don't think for a moment that I'm in favor of these lame efforts, but a change for World of Color doesn't sound too bad.

Last edited:

D.Silentu

I can see it feeling excessive, I suppose it's just that I'm so unenthused about the current(original?) version. Most criticisms of WOC I agree with, so to avoid redundancy I'll simply say that the fountains are spectacular and deserve a show to match.

I was also thinking about an idea a friend shared with me awhile ago, which essentially quarantined Pixar to DCA. As she put it: "Disneyland will be the princess park, California Adventure will be the Pixar park." Her notion was that Pixar felt so modern(this was pre Brave) that it belonged in the modern park. This also wasn't long after Midway Mania opened, which she thought could justify the closure of Buzz Lightyear.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

This is the sort of promotion that is typically so far off my radar that have zero interest. Frankly I don't care what they do for Pixar's anniversary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cesar R M

Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout with Pixar overlay, OMG.. I can't wait! Rocket is going to meet new friends.
0c5.jpeg

What about Radiator Springs Racers with a Pixar overlay? Boom, amazing idea!

angrymickey.png

No Name

Regardless of how well it's done, I think this promotion is inherently flawed for two reasons.

1. What makes Zootopia a Disney movie and The Good Dinosaur a Pixar Movie? There used to be a noticeable difference between the two studios, but now, Pixar and Disney are largely interchangeable labels.
So by having a Year of Pixar, they're pushing this brand distinction that hardly exists.

2. This one runs far deeper in the blood of Disney poor decision-making. The Pixar crowd is already drawn to the parks! Cars Land, A Bug's Land, Mike and Sully to the Rescue, Toy Story Midway Mania in DCA and older cousin Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters in DL, along with many meet and greets, merchandise, etc... if Pixar fans aren't already drawn, this cetainly isn't going to make a difference.

Disney used to build rides based on human achievement, real myths and places, etc, but now every new ride/land is based on movies. They're slowly narrowing their market and losing the interest of people who don't care for this stuff.

So, having a promotion to attract the same crowd that every new ride already attracts? That's stupid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom