D23 Star Wars Info - A Galaxy of Stories: Photos, Video, Deep Thoughts

TP2000

Original Poster
This year's Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Pavilion, Hosted by WDI is dedicated to Star Wars. With the theme "A Galaxy Of Stories", the big news is that it will feature a large and detailed model of Star Wars Land, in addition to other exhibits dedicated to the new land at both Disneyland and WDW. https://d23.com/galaxy-stories-disney-parks-resorts-coming-d23-expo/

D23 Expo this weekend should offer up a lot of details and answers to questions we have regarding Star Wars Land. This thread can serve as the repository for the inevitable tsunami of photos and videos of this year's WDI Pavilion. Plus a place for commentary and deep thoughts from our eclectic and wonderfully diverse community members here. :cool:

The media preview for traditional media and select bloggers begins at Six O'clock this evening, and the WDI Pavilion will be open for the entirety of D23 Expo this weekend. We should see the first photos and information released later on Thursday night. Let the fun begin!

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
I'm kicking myself now because I have an appointment this evening at a furniture store. I'm going to miss the big flood of photos and info coming out of the preview events this evening! But I'll check in later tonight to see what we learned.

I can't wait to see that big model! I hope it has "the people" in it, like Walt used to say.

A shame Johnny Hench is no longer with us to help on the Star Wars model. He knew all the pretty girls. :D

vancee

I'm kicking myself now because I have an appointment this evening at a furniture store. I'm going to miss the big flood of photos and info coming out of the preview events this evening! But I'll check in later tonight to see what we learned.

I can't wait to see that big model! I hope it has "the people" in it, like Walt used to say.

A shame Johnny Hench is no longer with us to help on the Star Wars model. He knew all the pretty girls. :D

Was that Walt laughing like that at the end? That was funny how whoever that was laughed.

britain

That Disneyland Tencennial special is priceless. Walt gives away attraction plotlines, spoils effects. He isn't sure what they'll call any of these attractions yet, so he uses a few different ones from time to time. Imagine if they did that today!

Walt: "And here... is a very special attraction... it's called the, um, Battle for the First Order..."

Rolly mumbles, "Um, it's not 'for' "

Walt: "Battle Against the Dark Side! And you got into this mess by going up in a star destroyer, so how do you think you'll get out of it?"

Plaid-skirt: "...by going down in a star destroyer?"

Walt: "Of course! Anything's possible at Disneyland ...er, just outside of Disneyland proper, at the Star Wars Bayou Experience!"

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
Walt was wonderful. And those World of Color episodes, where it's assumed there was a script or at least a rough outline, are hysterical to watch. Only Walt could get away with that. Bob Iger and Bob Chapek are so ridiculously scripted with approved words scrubbed clean by Legal, and then edited by Standards & Practices, that it's almost meaningless when they talk.

It will be interesting to see how Chapek handles his big Parks & Resorts Presentation on Saturday. I imagine he's rehearsing right now. With a lawyer in the room.

The WDI Pavilion, on the other hand, is noticeably more cheeky and fun. I still remember the 2009 Expo where a nice lady in an Imagineering shirt at the WDI Pavilion started chatting with me as I marveled at the Cars Land model. She ended up walking me around the model for a few minutes pointing out all the rides and shops "and things". I told her it was most impressive and thanked her for her time. Only later did I realize that nice lady was Kathy Mangum, Creative Vice President in charge of the Cars Land project. Doh!

vancee

Walt was wonderful. And those World of Color episodes, where it's assumed there was a script or at least a rough outline, are hysterical to watch. Only Walt could get away with that. Bob Iger and Bob Chapek are so ridiculously scripted with approved words scrubbed clean by Legal, and then edited by Standards & Practices, that it's almost meaningless when they talk.

It will be interesting to see how Chapek handles his big Parks & Resorts Presentation on Saturday. I imagine he's rehearsing right now.

The WDI Pavilion, on the other hand, is noticeably more cheeky and fun. I still remember the 2009 Expo where a nice lady in an Imagineering shirt at the WDI Pavilion started chatting with me as I marveled at the Cars Land model. She ended up walking me around the model for a few minutes pointing out all the rides and shops "and things". I told her it was most impressive and thanked her for her time. Only later did I realize that nice lady was Kathy Mangum, Creative Vice President in charge of the Cars Land project. Doh!
I once met a guy named Bob Chapek, a very awkward guy, I'm not sure who he is but it seemed like he had a lot of $$$. :greedy::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Last edited:

brb1006

It will be interesting to see how Chapek handles his big Parks & Resorts Presentation on Saturday. I imagine he's rehearsing right now. With a lawyer in the room.

What time does the Parks And Resorts Presentation start on Saturday?

George Lucas on a Bench

This sort of thing is all I ever care about when it comes to D23 (which, by the way, is a stupid name). I'm just not one of those Disney people that would go to a Disney convention with a bunch of other weirdos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom