Trip Report Pop & Hop, Snack & Shop, Graduation Celebration - Sept 2016

We arrived home late last night and as usual, we are all in Disney depression mode. Seriously, the return to reality is so hard!

It was an AWESOME trip. However not without a few hiccups. Let’s just say that the name of my Trip Report could easily have been, “I Almost Killed My Husband In The Happiest Place On Earth” or… “”Did The Ride Just Stop?” or… “Bathrooms Around The World”

Needless to say that Disney Magic outshines small issues – even my husband’s behavior that almost landed him in Cinderella’s moat more than once.

Warning: I have some commitments over the next few weeks, so I’m not sure how much updating I will be able to do. But I wanted to start writing before my memory and notes start to fade away. Besides, I’m so sad – it helps to re-live it! Lol

For those of you who don’t know us – our cast of characters:

Me – Mary

IMG_8890.JPG

Ross – My hubby who drove me INSANE throughout our trip.

IMG_0348.JPG

Julia (14)

IMG_0480.JPG

Hope (7 with Autism & Sensory issues)

IMG_0286.JPG

What I didn’t mention in my Pre-Trip Report is that we were celebrating the fact that Julia is starting 9th grade this year. As homeschoolers, we have never acknowledged graduations or moving up ceremonies. So since my sweet girl is starting high school, I figured she deserved a Disney Celebration, so I had that put on our reservation.

Since Ross agreed to family shirts, I had my friend make them for us. Julia was surprised and really happy!

IMG_0552.JPG

So if you are ready to join in the fun & craziness… welcome aboard!!

gdisneyfans

Just caught up on your TR!

As many others have mentioned, that video of Hope and Mickey is just priceless! Her giggles while dancing...:inlove: And I love the variety of princess dresses she wore each day - what a sweet princess!!

Julia is such a great big sister to Hope!! Sorry she didn't get to ride TOT though one last time:(

Love your nails and love that Ross wears princess ears!

We all know what that unwelcomed mail is:grumpy:

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Just caught up on your TR!

As many others have mentioned, that video of Hope and Mickey is just priceless! Her giggles while dancing...:inlove: And I love the variety of princess dresses she wore each day - what a sweet princess!!

Julia is such a great big sister to Hope!! Sorry she didn't get to ride TOT though one last time:(

Love your nails and love that Ross wears princess ears!

We all know what that unwelcomed mail is:grumpy:

Thanks so much! I'm glad ToT is still there this year - I would have had a grouchy girl of they changed it! lol

Figment Forever

Original Poster

Day 12 – September 23rd

Our last full day at Disney. :cry:

Ross and I left the girls to sleep while we headed to the food court to get breakfast. I was surprised when we left our room, there was no mail on our door. I was hopeful that maybe Disney decided we should stay for another day or two? Ross quickly brought me back to earth. He said it doesn’t come until the day you leave and of course I responded that he was wrong – it ALWAYS comes the day before. Hence, our day began with a fight. However if we had to have an argument – at least it came with a pretty view.

thumb_IMG_2455_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2457_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2463_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2465_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2467_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2469_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2471_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2475_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2477_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2480_1024.jpg

Figment Forever

Original Poster

When we returned, our mail had been delivered. :(

thumb_IMG_2489_1024.jpg

We had breakfast and then got ready for the day. At this point, we had 23 snacks and 19 quick service credits left!

thumb_IMG_2492_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2498_1024.jpg

Soon we were off to catch a bus.

thumb_IMG_2502_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2505_1024.jpg

Miss Hope decided she wanted to wear my R2D2 ears! I have to say, I was upset! Lol I wanted my ears! But there was no talking her out of it.

thumb_IMG_2509_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2508_1024.jpg

As we approached the bus stop, I saw the bus for EPCOT pulling away. Needless to say, we waited another 20 minures for another bus to come along. While we waited, I checked the weather for NY. It seemed that as our plane would touch down, it would be around 36’! Suddenly, the blazing hot seemed pretty good!

Figment Forever

Original Poster

Finally!

thumb_IMG_2512_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2520_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2525_1024.jpg

Guess who got picked for random screening? Lol

thumb_IMG_2527_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2533_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2539_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2542_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2544_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2571_1024.jpg

We walked over to The Land to ride Soarin. I’m really glad we all liked the update! As we approached the theatres, the CM directed us to Concourse A, but Ross asked if we could ride in the new theatre – and the answer was “sure!” Yeah!! It’s the little things that make me happy!

Figment Forever

Original Poster

After, we rode Living With The Land and then went over to visit Figment.

thumb_IMG_2572_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2575_1024.jpg

As we were nearing the Imagination pavilion, Ross notice a family with a young boy – probably around 9 or 10 walking ahead of the rest, talking to himself out loud. He stopped and turned to me and said, “That boy is lost.”

I have to admit, I thought he was crazy – but Ross asked the adults if the boy was with them and they said, “no”. We walked to the young boy and asked if he was lost and sure enough, he started telling us that his mother had his Indy hat and he didn’t know where she was. Although it looked as though he was walking away from Imagination, we weren’t sure. After a few minutes, it seemed pretty clear that he was special needs – maybe Autistic like Hope. We walked him to the CM in front of the Imagination ride and told her he was lost. I have to say, I was a little shocked by her reaction – she didn’t know what to do. I asked if she could get security over to help. She said she could do that but she wasn’t moving very fast. We didn’t want to give the boy the opportunity to wander off so we decided we would figure it out. We thanked the CM and told her we would take care of it.

I asked the boy if he knew his mom’s phone number – and he did! He was very cute. He told me her number and said her name is Jennifer, but her friends call her “Jenny”. He was very concerned about his Indy hat. I called the number and a woman’s frantic voice answered.

“Is this Jenny?” I said.

“Yes” the voice answered.

I replied, “We have your son”.

Of course Ross started yelling at me – “Don’t say it like that – it sounds like we kidnapped him!”

I told her where we were and in a few moments she raced over to him – with his Indy hat! She said that they were looking in the gift shop and she turned her back for only a moment and he was gone. We told her that we understand completely and said our goodbyes.

Ross and I cried a little. We knew all too well how she felt and worried that one day it could be us. It taught us how important it is for Hope to learn my cell number and knew it would become a priority for us – especially now that she is becoming more verbal. We held Hope’s hand a little tighter that day.

After our excitement, we headed in to see Figment.

thumb_IMG_2589_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2591_1024.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My faith in humanity gets restored when I read about good people, who look out for others. Kudos to you and hubs for taking care of that little (lost) boy, and reuniting him with his mother. That's a wonderful story.

(I was surprised that the CM was clueless about how to handle the situation. How much effort does it take to simply call security on the phone? I mean this is WDW--the kid capitol of the world--it's doubtful he was the first little kid to ever get lost there?!!) Yikes.

fractal

After, we rode Living With The Land and then went over to visit Figment.

View attachment 215402 View attachment 215403

As we were nearing the Imagination pavilion, Ross notice a family with a young boy – probably around 9 or 10 walking ahead of the rest, talking to himself out loud. He stopped and turned to me and said, “That boy is lost.”

I have to admit, I thought he was crazy – but Ross asked the adults if the boy was with them and they said, “no”. We walked to the young boy and asked if he was lost and sure enough, he started telling us that his mother had his Indy hat and he didn’t know where she was. Although it looked as though he was walking away from Imagination, we weren’t sure. After a few minutes, it seemed pretty clear that he was special needs – maybe Autistic like Hope. We walked him to the CM in front of the Imagination ride and told her he was lost. I have to say, I was a little shocked by her reaction – she didn’t know what to do. I asked if she could get security over to help. She said she could do that but she wasn’t moving very fast. We didn’t want to give the boy the opportunity to wander off so we decided we would figure it out. We thanked the CM and told her we would take care of it.

I asked the boy if he knew his mom’s phone number – and he did! He was very cute. He told me her number and said her name is Jennifer, but her friends call her “Jenny”. He was very concerned about his Indy hat. I called the number and a woman’s frantic voice answered.

“Is this Jenny?” I said.

“Yes” the voice answered.

I replied, “We have your son”.

Of course Ross started yelling at me – “Don’t say it like that – it sounds like we kidnapped him!”

I told her where we were and in a few moments she raced over to him – with his Indy hat! She said that they were looking in the gift shop and she turned her back for only a moment and he was gone. We told her that we understand completely and said our goodbyes.

Ross and I cried a little. We knew all too well how she felt and worried that one day it could be us. It taught us how important it is for Hope to learn my cell number and knew it would become a priority for us – especially now that she is becoming more verbal. We held Hope’s hand a little tighter that day.

After our excitement, we headed in to see Figment.

View attachment 215404 View attachment 215405

great story. :)

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I binge read this trip report like it was a Netflix marathon, lol. I don't think I could keep up with you guys in WDW, especially in the heat!!

Looking forward to the exciting conclusion of the story, and hopefully a pre trip report soon too!!

lol - I do my share of binge reading TR's too! I am hoping to wrap up in the next few days. I am going to attempt a pre-trip - but it may be really short. Thanks for reading!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I'm so glad that Ross noticed that boy! It's also great that your family took the time to help him when the CM didn't seem confident in what to do. His mom must've been so relieved! ( & he was probably happy to get his Indy hat back too :joyfull:) Good for him for knowing his phone number!

I had to give full credit to Ross, I don't think I would have noticed. It was a good feeling to have been able to help.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
My faith in humanity gets restored when I read about good people, who look out for others. Kudos to you and hubs for taking care of that little (lost) boy, and reuniting him with his mother. That's a wonderful story.

(I was surprised that the CM was clueless about how to handle the situation. How much effort does it take to simply call security on the phone? I mean this is WDW--the kid capitol of the world--it's doubtful he was the first little kid to ever get lost there?!!) Yikes.

I was happy we could help. I was surprised at the CM too. I really thought CM's were instructed on how to handle these situations so maybe she was just new?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom