WHERE Can We Do This Again? PTN taking a trip...

Curious Constance

I hate the wires. I wish they were coming down. I'm more interested in an idealized version of the past where hideous wires didn't have to be strung up everywhere, myself

You and me both. And I still can't get past them telling people that they power the trolley. I know it's to keep the theme going, but that just seems like it's too far. I'm curious what the CM I witnessed saying this would have done had I called her on it.

BrianLo

As usual, it was an issue of weighing costs. Somehow creating a new PTN float is cheaper than pulling down the wires.

And while the Frozen gravy train is still going strong, resentment for it internally is stronger. Personally, that Elsa didn't make the cut for Fantasmic is indicative of creative fatigue with the property.

If only someone would fatigue little Mermaid.

D

Deleted member 107043

I'm curious what the CM I witnessed saying this would have done had I called her on it.

LOL.

I have a friend from Laguna Beach whose first husband worked for Oscar Mayer years ago, an old sponsor of The River Belle Terrace. She disliked Disneyland mostly because he frequently dragged her there to entertain clients and out of town guests at Club 33. For whatever reason she thought the park was tacky, and never understood my fascination with it. Anyway, she loved to tell me the story of how she once purchased a toy pirate cap gun for her nephew in New Orleans Square, but no caps were available for sale anywhere in the park. When she asked a shop clerk why and they replied, "Oh we don't like loud noises at Disneyland". She always repeated the clerk's response in a mocking Disney Princess type voice. It was hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Constance

LOL.

I have a friend from Laguna Beach whose first husband worked for Oscar Mayer years ago, an old sponsor of The River Belle Terrace. She disliked Disneyland because he frequently dragged her there to entertain clients and out of town guests at Club 33. For whatever reason she thought the park was tacky, and never understood my fascination with it. Anyway, she loved to tell me the story of how she once purchased a toy pirate cap gun for her nephew in New Orleans Square, but no caps were available for sale anywhere in the park. When she asked a shop clerk why they replied, "Oh we don't like loud noises at Disneyland". She always repeated the clerk's response in a mocking Disney Princess type voice. It was hilarious.
Kinda like the time we purchased a make your own light saber in Tomorrowland, and they taped it closed so my son couldn't extend it in the park. He was flabbergasted hahaha

TTA94

It's possible, but honestly I have no idea if it's on the D23 list.

I was thinking they may bring up MSEP "glowing Away" forever on August 20th followed by We are happy to announce PTN will return this Holiday season at DCA. However I'm sure they won't go into detail as far as the Frozen float or the exact return date.

Nland316

And while the Frozen gravy train is still going strong, resentment for it internally is stronger. Personally, that Elsa didn't make the cut for Fantasmic is indicative of creative fatigue with the property.
Funny since I personally think that Frozen is a pretty strong IP for a show like Fantasmic of all things.. They could've had a giant Marshmellow puppet, freeze the ROA via projections, etc.. Basically pretty good content could've been used for the show.

The_Bellringer

If they end up not using the Frozen float at DCA, here's what I think will happen:

"MSEP returns to Magic Kingdom for a limited time only, with a BRAND NEW Frozen float! Make sure to catch this Disney classic before it "Glows Away."

I would love seeing if the WDW section for the boards implode lol.

brb1006

If they end up not using the Frozen float at DCA, here's what I think will happen:

"MSEP returns to Magic Kingdom for a limited time only, with a BRAND NEW Frozen float! Make sure to catch this Disney classic before it "Glows Away."

"Glowing Away"
air-quotes.gif

mikenatcity1

I was thinking they may bring up MSEP "glowing Away" forever on August 20th followed by We are happy to announce PTN will return this Holiday season at DCA. However I'm sure they won't go into detail as far as the Frozen float or the exact return date.

I can't imagine them getting rid of the Frozen float- that float was one that they advertised and brought front and center in blogs, plus with the Frozen show in DCA it fits (and taking Frozen out of anything right now seems to be against the rules with Disney). Time will tell! Only another couple days...

TTA94

Correction the Frozen float will be the new opening float for MSEP at MK lol.

BrianLo

I do not believe it will be a Frozen float. I think Moana is a likely candidate, but that's me guessing at the replacement.

I just realized how seemingly PtN feels like it was actually developed for DCA from the beginning.

Between Cars, Ariel, Monsters and Toy Story there was always a subtle feeling that yes this was a parade borrowed from HKDL.

But DCA has all their big bases covered... which leads me to submit a guess that it will actually be a Guardians of the Galaxy float. Or perhaps Wreck it Ralph... but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to Moana, that just doesn't scream DCA if this is a more permanent fixture for that park in the medium term.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom